Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

22 July 2011

Welcome special guest: author Deena Remiel

Today we have author, Deena Remiel, visiting. Welcome, Deena!
It was the mystique of Arizona’s history and landscape that called to Deena and catapulted her career as an author. When she’s not writing novels and poetry in the wee, small hours of the morning or in the deep, dark of night, Deena teaches language arts to middle school students. She currently lives in Gilbert with her husband and two children, but New Jersey will always tug at her heartstrings.


* So, Deena, what inspired you to become a writer?
I’ve always had words floating through my mind and had to put them to paper. First, I wrote songs and poetry, teenage angst being the inspiration at that time. Now, my inspiration comes from the landscape surrounding me. The mystery and superstition revolving around the Superstition Mountains lends itself to the kind of writing I love to do.
* When did you attempt your first story? What length was it? What's become of it?
My first attempt to write a story was 2 years ago. It is about 75,000 words. It has become the first novel in my
Brethren Series, TRINITY!
* How many stories did you complete before you sold your first?
TRINITY is my first story and I sold it last year.
* What genre(s) do you write in? What drew you to write in it/them? What’s your favorite genre of all to write in?
I love to write journal-type pieces, poetry, short stories for an online serial, and paranormal romance novels. I love the diversity of writing experiences because I can switch it up whenever I feel like it. My favorite to write would have to be… oh! I can’t decide!
* What are the best and worst pieces of writing advice you ever received?
Best advice: WRITE! Worst advice: stay in a box that traditional publishers have created.
* How do you celebrate/deal with acceptance/rejection letters?
When I got rejection letters from agents, I ran around the house like a lunatic screaming, “I got a rejection! I got a rejection!” I jumped up and down in front of my kids. Yes, they think I’m certifiable now. I celebrate by going out for dinner with my family and eating dessert first.
* In regard to the book you’re promoting, which actor and actress do you envision playing the roles of your hero and heroine? If there’s a villain or other characters who are pertinent to the story, who would play those parts?
I like Liv Tyler as Emma, I’ll leave Michael open to my fans to offer suggestions. Personally, I adore Adrian Paul *sighs*.
* The book you’re promoting, is it a stand-alone story or part of a series? If it’s part of a series, please list the order the books need to be read in for maximum reading enjoyment.
TRINITY is the first book in a series of six books. Each can stand alone or be read in order. So far, there is

Trinity, Relic, and Elixxir. Trinity is currently available. Relic is in edits. And Elixxir is my WIP.


*** Now for some fun info… ***
* Would you/have you own(ed) a snake or some other exotic pet?
I would love to own a boa constrictor or python. When I held them once, I was awed by their strength and the seductive way they move. I’ve used their movements as analogies in my writing.
* Which do you prefer: rain or sun & warm weather or cold weather?
I definitely prefer sun and warm weather. Rain depresses me and cold weather makes me feel closed in and pinched.
* Are you a morning person or night owl?
I’m both. I don’t mind waking early and sitting outside with some coffee and my books to read. Late at night, I love to write the dark and sexy scenes of my novels.

*** About Deena’s book … ***
Tagline: Angels really do exist on Earth. Evil better start running!
Blurb:
One way or another, terror will reign tonight.
School teacher and single mom, Emma Livingston, has been through hell—and back so she thinks. While dealing with the night terrors and active imagination of her five-year old daughter, Hannah, she attempts to lead a normal life. That is, until the demon from those nightmares pays her a visit, too, and threatens both of their lives. Desperate, she reaches out for help—and finds Michael waiting.
Michael D’Angelo is known to everyone in Prophet’s Point, Arizona, as their loving elementary school principal. But to The Brethren, he is the most powerful Protector. Immortal and angelic does not mean he’s without doubts or fears, as protecting Emma and Hannah from Evil tests his ability to fight his tortured past.
As the Trinity is formed, ancient secrets are revealed and faith is tested. When a prophecy is exposed, Hannah becomes the main target and Emma wonders if a normal life will ever be possible again. Hope is like an anchor, but can a mother, her daughter, and an angel overcome the evil determined to annihilate the world?


***Find Deena here***
Web Links:

Buy Links:
Decadent Publishing - 
Barnes and Noble-

Thank you for joining us here today, Deena! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your work.

2 comments:

Teresa K. said...

Deena,

I'm really loving all the great angel books that are coming out. They show how strong the men are when it comes to the human race and I love how they want to protect our measly race.

I cant wait to read your new series.

Teresa K.
tcwgrlup41@yahoo.com

Deena said...

Thank you so much! So many angels... so many stories to tell. And I'm right on it... ;)