Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

17 January 2012

Tuesday Tea with Alyssa Fox ~ Twisting a Hero’s Arm ~ @AlyssaFox99 @evernightpub

Happy Tuesday everyone! Please give a warm welcome to Alyssa Fox. She has a brand spanking new release out with Evernight Publishing. Congrats Alyssa! I asked her here today to tell us about how she came up with the idea for her book Bound to Protect, and this is what she had to say…

Thank you, C.R. for having me on your blog. Well, Chad and Katie we’re in my debut book in a small part. I never saw them as a big part or even getting their own book that’s until I got further into that book. There was one scene in the book where the main character from the first book, Erin, was talking to her best friend Katie, about work. And Chad and the hero in that book, Kyle, are talking in the same room before a meeting is to start.
     Something my readers didn’t see in that book, which I did and chose not to put in the book, that Chad kept looking over at Katie and longing to be with her. Him and I had a long argument about that, and I told him if he wanted his own book and a chance with Katie, he had better start talking. Well, he was a stubborn man which you’ll see in the book. He refused to tell me his back story.
     Yet he kept telling me he was the best choice for Katie. I just shook my head, and told him if he didn’t tell me, I’d go digging. Just like a man he chose not to believe me, and decided to take the hard road. Around this time Katie was talking to me and telling me her back story. Which let me tell you isn’t all roses and sunshine. She’s been through so much, so I sat down to write their first chapter after finishing the first book and waiting on its release. I got a little into it and after twisting Chad’s arm he finally told me his back story. Let me just say my heart went out to him, and I understand why he didn’t want anyone to know about it. The words just started pouring out, and I soon realized this wasn’t just going to be a medical romance as I had planned. I never ever expected that I would be writing an erotic suspense. I read suspense and watch movies with it in it. Some of my favorite shows are cop ones. That is how I came up with their story.


Don’t you just love difficult characters? LOL! I must admit I’m a bit intrigued in regard to Chad and what his background is. ;) Readers, below is a blurb and excerpt for Bound to Protect. Happy reading! & Thanks for stopping by Alyssa!

Bound to Protect — Blurb
     When Katie’s past comes back to haunt her, can she trust Chad enough, or will it be too late?
     Katie Thomas has been living a secret life for four years to keep safe. All of that is about to come to a crashing halt when the ex who tried to kill her shows up again. She’s scared and not sure what to do, until she moves next door to fellow doctor, Chad Davis. He’s the last person she wants to live next door to, but one sizzling night together has her yearning for more. The only thing that stands in her way is what he wants in and out of the bedroom; it’s a threat to everything she’s ever believed.

Can he help Katie unlock her hidden desires and show her that this is more than a fling for him?
     Chad Davis has always had a thing for the sexy doctor. Assigned to protect Katie, he is determined to bring down her ex to help him get on with his life, finally. His reasons are personal, but one sizzling night together in his bed is all it takes for his priorities to shift. He is not giving her up, no matter how much she insists she is not right for him.


Bound to Protect — Excerpt
     Katie Thomas stood in line waiting to get a grande mocha latte. She glanced at her watch: less than fifteen minutes to get to the hospital on time. In four years of working there, she’d always been punctual, and had no plans of changing that today. With an early shift in the ER, the better decision would have been to decline the invitation go out. Yet Katie had wanted to be there for her best friend, even if she didn’t believe in committed relationships. “Are you getting impatient waiting in line?” A deep voice rang out behind her, sending shivers racing down her spine.
    Looking over her shoulder, Katie met the deep, sea-green gaze of none other than Chad Davis. Her breath caught in her throat when his lips curled into a smile. The way the scrubs hugged his body had her wishing for a fan to cool her off. A hint of muscles peeked out from the form-fitting shirt he wore. She’d never noticed that he had a tattoo inked on one bicep as well. What she wouldn’t give to see it. A picture of it formed in her mind, and Katie wondered if it ran up his arm and down his muscular back, or if it were smaller and easier to hide.
     “Excuse me?”
     “It’s not like you can’t send your interns running in terror to get your coffee for you.”
     “I never do that to my interns. I’m not mean like you. Not that it’s any of your business, but I’m running a little late this morning.”
     Sure, he was good-looking, but that was about it in her book. His playboy ways were known all over the hospital. He’d dated half the nursing staff, leaving a trail of broken hearts in his wake. It seemed like he’d never date one girl too long before moving on to someone else. That had been her plan too, but she just hadn’t worked up the courage.
     With a roll of her eyes, Katie turned back around, just in time to move two more places in line.
     “What, had a full night of rolling around in the sheets with your lover?”
     Glancing over her shoulder, she leveled him with a glare. “That’s none of––”
     “Ma’am, what can I get you?” the blond-haired barista behind the counter asked.
     “I’ll take a grande mocha frappe.”
     Who did Chad think he was? If she weren’t such a lady, she’d punch him. Thankfully, they worked in separate parts of the hospital, for the most part, unless a bad trauma case came in and he was called down to help. Maybe today she’d get lucky and he wouldn’t be in her area at all. Katie paid for her drink and hurried out the door. “Since you didn’t answer my question, I’ll take it you haven’t gotten lucky in the past month. You still have a stick up your ass.”
     “Why don’t you go talk to someone who actually wants to talk to you?” How had he gotten his coffee so fast?
     Katie had hoped to be able to get on the elevator before he made his way out.
     “Believe me, if I’d been in your bed last night...” Chad brushed his knuckles against her arm as his lips came closer to her ear. His voice dropped to a sexy growl, “…you’d be so satisfied from the sensation of my cock inside you, you wouldn’t be able to walk or stop smiling.”
     Tingles swirled around where his knuckles brushed against her arm. Katie drew in a breath as images of them rolling around in the sheets danced across her mind.
     “I bet you liked the thought of that.”
     “Oh, please, I’d never be with you in that way. You’re not my type.”
    “You could have fooled me.”
     Chad winked as he walked away, and Katie’s heartbeat raced faster than before. Who was she trying to kid? She was attracted to him, and just her luck, he could tell that he had some kind of an effect on her. Lifting the cup to her lips, she smelled the sweet aroma and took a sip. Her arm still tingled from his touch as she stepped onto the elevator. Next time, she’d have to be careful to not let him affect her.
     The grey box jerked to life as it made its descent to the first floor. For the first time since working in the ER, she prayed it would be busy today to keep her mind off Chad, the sexy doctor who showed up in more than one of her midnight fantasies.


Find Alyssa ~
Website
Blog
Facebook
Twitter

Books ~
Road to Recovery ~ Kindle Barnes and Noble
Bound To Protect ~ Evernight Publishing Kindle
Her Seduction ~ Coming Soon from Evernight Publishing

2 comments:

Siobhan Muir said...

Wow, Alyssa, that sounds like a great story. I love erotic suspense! I'm completely intrigued.

Thanks for sharing Alyssa with us, CR! :)

Alyssa Fox said...

Thank you, CR for having me on your blog.

Thanks Meg!