Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

21 February 2012

Tuesday Tea with Danielle Gauwain ~ Saved from the attic ( #SO @evernightpub )

Hi all! Grab a cup of tea – or whatever it is you like to drink – and join in the discussion. Today we have Danielle Gauwain giving us a look into her release Bound. Welcome Danielle!

Thank you C.R. Moss for having me here today. Happy Tuesday everyone! Bound was originally a compilation of short stories, proses and dreams that I had scrawled across the pages of two different journals. If it weren’t for my husbands’ efforts to clean out the garage, Isaac and Liz would have continued to be stuck in my journals, destined to live a long and dusty life in a box in the attic.
   While my husband was diligently sifting through boxes in the garage, he came across my journals. I gathered the collection of yellowing pages and brought them into the house. As soon as I opened the journals, a story seemed to jump from the pages. As I looked at the proses spread across my bedroom floor, I realized that they were all connected. Like putting the pieces of a puzzle together, I took each prose and constructed the bigger picture. When I stood back and looked at my creation from a bird’s eye view, Bound was born. For me, Bound is a product of the subconscious and conscious meeting for tea.
   For those of you who have not read the novel yet, Bound is a paranormal romance in which a woman who falls in love with a cambion. And for those of you who have read Bound and are anxiously awaiting the next book in the series, Rebound is projected to release in April.


Okay, I have to admit the word cambion caught my eye, and I looked up what it meant. For those who are curious about this particular paranormal/supernatural aspect, I found several differing explanations for it but the gist of it is, it's a legendary creature which originated in medieval times. Usually the half-human is born to a human mother after a union with a devil/demon/incubus, but it's said that it could be the product of a human male and a succubus. Sounds interesting either way. Best of luck to you, Danielle, with your stories! And, for those who want a taste of her book, here's an excerpt...

Excerpt for Bound:
   “Good evening.” A deep voice reverberated around her.
   Liz jumped and turned around quickly. It was the man with no name.

   “
You scared me!”
   “Forgive me; that was not my intent.”
   “Now my suspicion has been confirmed,” said Liz.
   “Which is?”
   “That you are stalking me.”
   The man threw his head back and laughed. “Did it ever occur to you that you are everywhere I go?”
   “On Charlie’s roof?” Her eyebrows furrowed.
   “I just wanted to see the city from a different vantage point.”
  “What vantage point would that be?”
   “Yours.”
   They stood there for a moment gazing at each other. His presence was enchanting, yet ominous. Intriguing, yet scary. Liz swam in a sea of emotions. The man stood by patiently, as if he were waiting for her to come around.
   “Who are you?” Her voice was so soft that she didn’t know if he would hear.
   “Isaac Ainsley.”
   She noticed that he wore a black trench coat, which seemed to flow behind him like a cape. He moved toward her slowly, as if he were trying to tame a wild animal. Silly. If anyone were wild, it was he. He stood about two feet from her, and Liz looked up at him, astonished again at how he towered over her.

   “May I ask you something?”

   She nodded with hesitation.

   “What are you searching for?”

   “I don’t know what you mean.”

   “Yes, you do.” He lowered his eyes.

   Liz shrugged. “If you mean in life….health, happiness….”

   “No, that’s not it,” Isaac’s accented voice echoed. “There is a burning in your soul so great that it seeps through your every pore. It radiates from you. Tell me what it is.”
  
“I’ve had a long night. I’m not trying to be rude, but….”
   “Would you like me to leave?”

   But strangely, Liz did not want him to leave. She ignored the question, hoping he would not notice. But she knew he would, as he was keen and perceptive.

   “How do we keep meeting this way? How do you always know where I am?” she asked.

   “I believe you know how,” he said, with a smile in his eyes.

   Liz could hear The Killing Moon by Echo and the Bunnymen playing in the bar beneath their feet.

   Fate up against your will….
   Through the thick and thin
   He will wait until you give yourself to him….
  
He edged closer to her again, this time taking ownership of the space between them. Isaac was a mere six inches from Liz. She was mesmerized by his blue eyes, which seemed to glow in the dark.
   “May I answer the question for you?” Isaac said, as if he were asking Liz permission to help her. She was silent. She felt paralyzed, and her breathing became shallow.

   Placing his hands on her shoulders, Isaac leaned in and put his mouth to her ear. His breath was warm and sweet smelling, like honey.

   “You yearn for a love that is unrelenting, a love that is obsessive and addictive. You long to be dominated and enslaved by this love. You crave a level of eroticism and lust that is sinful.”

   Liz closed her eyes as his voice swirled around her, making her head swim. Isaac took a step back, releasing her shoulders. When she opened her eyes, Liz found him looking at her, the way someone would look at fish in a bowl: observing, waiting.

   “Ahhh.” He exhaled in pleasure. “Now we are getting somewhere.”

   Liz could not identify her emotions. She felt as if she were walking against a strong wind. She resisted, trying to regain control of her being. She focused on the roof beneath her, trying to concentrate on something other than him.

   Isaac snickered as if he knew what Liz was doing. He broke his stare from her. All at once, she was able to take a deep breath, her head reeling. She turned her back to him and tried to get her bearings.

   “Sweet dreams, Elizabeth Triest.” His last words whirled around her, touching her hair, her face, her dress.

   She turned quickly to meet him. “Isaac, wait.” But it was too late as he was already gone.

   He knew her name, and she never told him. No one called her Elizabeth, except family.

   She stood in wonder, dropping her purse on the ground next to her.


***Find Danielle here***
Friend her on Facebook
Learn more about her at her Website
Buy Bound at Evernight Publishing

Thank you for joining us here today, Danielle! It was a pleasure getting to know more about you and your work.

No comments: