Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

07 February 2012

Tuesday Tea with Shyla Colt ~ A Reaper's Temptation ( #SO @ShylaColt @evernightpub )

Hi all! Grab a cup of tea – or whatever it is you like to drink – and join in the discussion. Today we have Shyla Colt giving us a look into her release Wicked Temptations. Welcome Shyla!

A bit about me ~ I’m a stay at home mom who moonlights as an author, an editor and in my mind adventure. I’ve wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember. But it wasn’t until last year I found the courage to submit my work. Nothing like your 30th birthday to give you a swift kick in the heiny. I’ve had many careers: sound and lighting engineer, a flight attendant, and an office manager. But I think this by far is the most satisfying! Thanks for stopping by and reading my ramblings.
Blurb for Wicked Temptations:
     After years of faithful service to Lucifer, redemption is the last thing, demon Boden expects when he’s kidnapped by angels during battle. Yet, that’s the situation he finds himself in when he’s assigned to the reaper Anna; and taken to a secluded location for rehabilitation. There’s something about the porcelain skinned blonde that creeps under his skin and makes his cock stand at attention. If he’s not careful she may awaken the humanity that lingers deep inside of him.
     Anna is overwhelmed by the task given to her. Boden has been Lucifer’s number one officer for years, and his reputation precedes him. The real challenge is revealed when the tall, dark and handsome demon with the blackened soul proves to be a wicked temptation she can’t resist. Can she win him over or will she be forced to watch him walk back into the hell he’s been living in for the past two centuries?

How the Book came into
being:

     Wicked Temptations really came about while I was writing Don’t Fear the Reaper. My minor characters really jumped out at me, and refused to leave me in peace until I told their story. My hero Boden was the villain in my last book, but there was something about him I found, redeemable, and fascinating. I couldn’t wait to get down working on his story, and as I brainstormed it hit me like a ton of bricks. Anna, the somewhat bitter reaper would be a perfect match. Thus, Wicked Temptations was born.

Research:
     With the Fallen series in general I always find myself doing religious research. For example, the holy artifacts they use. My background in Catholicism really helps with broad ideas, but for details I hit the bible, the library and the web. I’m known as the “queen of research” to my friends. So for me this is one of my favorite steps when writing a story.


Pick up a copy of Wicked Temptations at Evernight Publishing
Find Shyla at these locations...
Blog/Website
Twitter

1 comment:

Shyla Colt said...

Thanks so much for letting me stop by ! :D