Today we have author Shiela Stewart visiting. Welcome!
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
I’m a mother of three grown children ages 16, 20 and 24 and have been married to a wonderful man for 26 years. He has been my rock and pushed me submit my work. He had more faith in me than I did. I love to write which is obvious, but aside from creating wonderful characters and putting them in precarious situations, I love to draw, write poetry and songs though it’s been a while for both. I apparently inherited the creative gene in my family which ticks my siblings off. LOL I recently completed a screenplay course and I hope to get one of my book made into a movie.
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
Offer the Demon, Book 2 in my Demon series. The first book Is Awaken the Demon.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* As you can tell from the title, the story is about Demon’s. While writing the first book which is about Draco Starr looking for the Missy Green, the half human half demon to make his wife it came to me. Demons aren’t allowed to mate with humans so Draco committed the ultimate sin when he marries Missy. Wanting a child, well, Satan just wouldn’t go for that. He can’t control humans the way he can control his demons. He finally agrees to allow them to have a child with a stipulation. That child becomes his servant at the age of 21.
* I thought…how interesting it would be to have a female working for Satan as death, doing his job and hating it. We always see men portrayed as death, portrayed as evil and minions to Satan. I wanted something different. Thus, Aurora Starr was born. But I didn’t want an ordinary subservient woman; no I wanted a rebellious, determined female. And I wanted her to do everything and anything to have the love her parents have, even if it meant standing up to Satan to get it.
Describe the hero in five words.
Scott Monroe: Kind, Generous, Giving, Determined, Strong
Describe the heroine in five words.
Aurora Starr: Cocky, Determined, Rebellious, Sweet, Romantic
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
I love both Aurora and Scott but I have to say Hunter, the Butler, Caregiver is my favorite. He’s a back character in both Awaken and Offer the Demon, but he puts up with a lot from both Draco and Aurora. He’s loyal and it often comes back to bite him in the ass. He really shines in Offer the Demon. The stipulation in allowing Aurora to live on her own it that Hunter go with her. Aurora hates that Hunter is there to essentially babysit her and she lets him know it. There is one scene which particularly sticks in my mind and makes me laugh. Aurora turns Hunter into a Donkey.
What's your favorite line in the story?
“You don’t just pop in on Lucifer and expect him to see you.”
A look into the story Offer the Demon:
* Twenty-one years ago a bargain was made for her existence. Twenty-one years ago was the beginning of the end.
* Born to serve Satan, Aurora Starr wishes she could lead a normal life. Being a demon, that’s not so easy to do. By night she takes the lives of those Satan chooses. Despite her hatred for her job, she knows she must continue, but all she wants is to live like a normal human.
* Enter Scott Monroe.
* Tall, blond, and gorgeous, he is more than Aurora can resist. Although mating with a human is taboo, Aurora throws caution to the wind and begins seeing Scott. But when Satan makes her choose between her family or the man she loves, Aurora has had enough.
* Will love win in the end, or will Satan damn them all?
~ Excerpt ~
* About to approach them with his card and the usual speech, he spotted her. He wasn’t sure how he’d known it was her when she didn’t look anything like herself. Maybe it was the hair. Not many women wore it so long, long enough to graze her backside. It certainly wasn’t the clothes she wore, or lack thereof. The skirt should probably be illegal. The top—he didn’t want to even go there. It was her, there was no doubt. It was Aurora, and the way she moved to the beat of the music looked damn good.
* Her body floated, rolling in such erotic moves it had him swallowing a hard lump in his throat. And apparently, he wasn’t the only one affected. As she swayed on the dance floor seductively, men crowded around her.
* It was time he put a stop to this.
* He stepped into the crowd surrounding her and before he could take control of the situation, she leaned against his chest, wound her arms around his neck, and began gyrating.
* He probably should put an end to this, his mind was all but screaming it, but his body refused to listen. Putting his hands on her hips, he swayed to the beat with her.
* Slowly, seductively, she turned, and her eyes widened with surprise. “Scott? Well, you certainly know how to move.”
* Gathering his thoughts, Scott grabbed her by the arm, and dragged her away.
* “What the hell do you think you’re doing?”
* He didn’t answer until they were outside the club and far enough away from the crowds. “Getting you out of there.”
* She jerked her arm free. “I wasn’t ready to leave.”
* “Well, now you are.” When she turned back to the noisy club, he grabbed her arm. Before she could protest, he slung her over his shoulder, getting a perfect view of those gorgeous, shapely legs. Sucking in his lust, he carried her to his car.
* “Put me down!” She wiggled, kicking her legs, which he held down for his own safety. “I said put me down!”
* He did, but not before he’d unlocked his car. Setting her in the passenger seat, he shut the door and engaged the locks with his key fob. He unlocked his door, climbed into the driver’s seat, and was instantly bombarded by her attitude.
* “What the hell do you think you’re doing?”
* He slammed the car into drive and sped off. “Taking you home.”
Find Sheila & buy Offer the Demon here...
Buy at Decadent Publishing