Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

06 December 2013

A Look At Dhruv from 'A Little Mysterious' ( @ElodieParkes @evernightpub #rotg #erom #vampire )

..Today we have Dhruv visiting from the story A Little Mysterious. Welcome!

..Dhruv, what would you like to tell readers about yourself?
......* Hi, thanks for inviting me to your blog. I’m not usually around in the day, even though I can be. I prefer the night. My name is Dhruv. I don’t use a last name anymore. I’m originally from Norway, but I haven’t lived there in many years. I found a group of beings like me a long time ago and joined their community. We call ourselves a clan, because we are all the same in one special respect. I can’t tell you that, or the author of the book would have a meltdown (smiles). It would be a spoiler. I became the clan’s scribe. I love to write and I draw too. I was writing their chronicles, but something terrible happened and I’ve stopped for a while. That event brought me to the place I am at the beginning of the story. In my long experience fate always has a hand too and happily for me in this instance fate brought me where I needed to be.

..Are you happy with the way people perceive you?
......* I don’t know how they perceive me now. (smiles) I know they used to say I was a little mysterious, hence the book title.

..Is expressing love difficult for you? Why or why not?
......* I can express love. I didn’t think I’d ever find it and I guess I expressed it through sex for a while there. Sex is important. I think if you love someone, you’re going to make love to them often, want them badly a lot of the time. (Grins) Well I do, maybe I’m on the passionate side. Now I express love through care, you know taking care of someone, their feelings, and needs, not just physical stuff but through understanding them being there for them.

..Does your author ever try to take over the story? And how do you deal with it?
......* She never once tried it with me. My story is unique and so there was no place for her to do that. If she’d tried, I would have gently reminded her whose story it was. (Smiles)

..If you were taken out of the story and placed into your author’s world, what would be the first thing you’d do?
......* I’d free her from the tyranny of humanity. She’s a very cool, compassionate person and I’d like to give her something for telling my story.

..If you could pull your author into your world, what do you think would happen to them?
......* I think she’d cope well. Again, I’d have to give her a hand to fit in and I’d do that because I like her. Other than the physical aspect of being in my world, she’d be fine. She’s creative, imaginative and broadminded. Actually I can think of a clan member who might be very interested in meeting her. He still hasn’t found his mate…mmm I’ll have to think about this.

..What was the best sexual experience you’ve had?
......* Now, usually I don’t kiss and tell, but because it’s you, I’ll tell you a little about it. I was in a park having sex with this girl, lovely girl, very sexy and warm. The night was dark, dreamy, and cool, when as I came into her, the most shattering thing happened. I regained a memory I’d lost. The connection I felt with her then was incredible. I already felt a lot for her and couldn’t get enough of her so this was like…epic.

..What’s your take on Ivor?
......* He’s a funny guy. You know he gave me a coffee maker as a gift. (laughs) He’s kind hearted though.

..If you were to spend a day with a reader, what would you two do together?
......* Whoa, now that would be an experience. I’d have to be careful not to scare the living daylights out of them. I’d show them around my place. I’d ask them what they wanted to do.

..Now for some author information!
......* My author is Elodie Parkes. Elodie Parkes is a British author writing romance, erotic, contemporary, and often with a twist of mystery, paranormal or suspense. Her books are always steamy, cool stories and hot love scenes.
......* Elodie lives in Canterbury with her two dogs. She works in an antique shop by day and writes at night, loving the cloak of silent darkness that descends on the rural countryside around her home.
......* Elodie writes for Hot Ink Press, Moon Rose Publishing, Eternal Press and Evernight Publishing
......* She has also released titles as an individual indie author.

..You can find my author, Elodie Parkes, here...
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Amazon - US | Amazon - UK | All Romance eBooks | Bookstrand | Evernight Publishing | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads | Tumblr | Google+ | Pinterest | YouTube

..Now for some book information!
..A look into the story
..
~ Blurb ~
......* He’d been sent off course…he thought he was lost…until he found Daisy.
......* His vampire abilities were special. He belonged to an elite group. Moving home, they are set off course by a storm that lands Dhruv alone, hungry, and desperate in a strange town. A story of lust, love, and coincidence. ..
~ Excerpt ~
......* “I don’t want to hurt you, Daisy. Don’t fall in love with me.” He knew he must have a mate somewhere else, waiting for him to find her.
......* He took her hand and led her out of the trees, over the bridge, and down the path.
......* “How do we get to your place from here?” He put his arm around her shoulders.
......* “It’s down the high street here as we exit the park, second left, and then left again. I’m sorry, about the ‘falling for you’ thing…I don’t mean to crowd you, or…”
......* He didn’t let her finish the apology because her voice was full of sadness.
......* He leaned over and kissed her mouth closed. He knew he felt something for her and hid from it. They walked to her place. He held her hand.
......* At the stairs to her apartment, he moved back a few steps.
......* “I’ll leave you here.” He wanted to warn her about the bite in case it scared her when she saw it. “I’m sorry. I sucked a bit too hard on the … love bite. There’s a big mark.” He gestured towards her neck, and saw her nod.
......* “It’ll be okay. Will you be at the bar tomorrow?”
......* He heard her voice hopeful and with a trace of worry. His heart, long dead, felt even more like a stone than usual. He knew she was worried that now they’d fucked she wouldn’t see him again. He wanted to see her again so badly it made him shake.
......* “I’ll be there.” His voice was a whisper and he turned. He walked quickly away. When he judged he was out of her line of vision, he burst into speed, and fled back to the sanctuary of the trees and the rustle of leaves in the dark.
..Copyright Elodie Parkes 2013

..Buy A Little Mysterious here...
Evernight Publishing | Amazon - US | Amazon - UK | All Romance eBooks | BookStrand

..Thank you for joining us here today, Dhruv! It was a pleasure getting to know about you, the story you're in, and your author.

1 comment:

Elodie Parkes said...

Hi CR,
Thank you for hosting Dhruv today. He'd given me the slip, again and finding him here with you is great. :-)