Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

31 October 2014

A Look At Beth D. Carter & 'Sex, Love & Aliens' @BethDCarter @beachwalkpress #anthology #scifi

Today we have author Beth D. Carter visiting. Welcome!

What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I like writing about the very ordinary girl thrust into extraordinary circumstances, so my heroines will probably never be lawyers, doctors or corporate highrollers. I try to write characters who aren't cookie cutters and push myself to write complicated situations that I have no idea how to resolve, forcing me to think outside the box. I love writing characters who are real, complex and full of flaws, heroes and heroines who find redemption through love.
*I love to hear from readers so I’ve made it really easy to find me on the web. You'll find my links at the bottom of this post.

What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* I’m going to talk about the anthology “Sex, Love & Aliens”, published through Beachwalk Press. I’m really excited about this collection, mainly because I’m sharing the spotlight with three amazing authors. If you’ve not read any books by Ashlynn Monroe, Imogene Nix, or Jaye Shields, you’ve been missing out. This book would be a great opportunity to sample just how great these ladies are at what they do.
* My story in this anthology is called Gravitation, because as much as my heroine wants to escape her alien buddy, they keep being pulled together. Like gravity. I wrote this story in a week because Bree was so real to me, so alive, that her words flowed easily. She’s one of my favorite characters I’ve created.
* Now, this story has a FREE prequel, telling Niah’s story before he meets Bree. You can find it at Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/467913

How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* When I heard about the submissions call, my mind went to a type of The Walking Dead scenario, only with aliens instead. Bree is on the run, trying to stay hidden from the invaders that have taken over Earth.

Describe the hero in five words.
* Niah: a leader, hero, and lover.

Describe the heroine in five words.
* Bree: hopeful, but lonely and determined

Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* Easily, it’s Bree. I suppose because a lot of me is in her. I think the reason she was so easy to write was because I simply put myself in her shoes about what I would do in her situation.

What's your favorite line in the story?
* I have to pick only one!!??? LOL!
* Okay, this line perhaps sums this story up nicely. Neither of them speaks each other’s language, so they communicate with hand signals and by Niah learning only two words, which he says here.
* “Bree,” he called out, and she turned to glance at him. “Stay. Bree stay.”

A look into the story
~ Blurb ~
* Can Bree and Niah’s love overcome their species being at war with one another?
* Bree has spent her whole life hiding from the aliens who destroyed what was once Earth. When she stumbles across a wounded alien, common sense tells her to kill him before he can kill her, but her compassionate side refuses to obey. Instead, she helps him.
* The two forge a temporary truce when they’re forced to band together for protection. But as the days slip by, the alien Niah won’t leave her, and as friendship gives way to something more, she can’t help but wonder when, or if, them being on opposite sides will break the fragile bonds of love forming between them.
* Content Warning: contains sexual content, strong language, and some violence
~ Excerpt ~
* Bree sat up quickly, looking around. Niah was gone. His leg splints were in a nice pile, the only testament that he’d been there. She ignored the stab of pain that pierced through her and told herself it was better this way. He had gone back to his people, to where he came from. It was time she went to where she belonged.
* As she gathered her things and slipped her backpack over her shoulders, she thought about when she asked him to save one life as a thank you. Well, seems like he did just that.
* He’d spared hers.

Buy Sex, Love & Aliens here...
Beachwalk Press | Amazon - US | Amazon - UK | Barnes & Noble | All Romance eBooks | Kobo | BookStrand | iTunes

Find Beth D. Carter here...
Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Amazon Page

Thank you for joining us here today, Beth D. Carter! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story. And, readers, you can find out more about Sex, Love & Aliens tomorrow, so y'all come back now! :)