Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

13 April 2015

A Look At Melissa Shirley & 'Reading His Mind' @missyshirley2 @decadentpub #sweet #romance

Today we have author Melissa Shirley visiting. Welcome!

What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I am from a very small, Midwestern town and I have eight kids. I started writing after a personal tragedy and haven’t stopped since. I became a Decadent Publishing author when I found their call for Beyond Fairytales and this is my second Decadent novel.

What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* Reading His Mind is my latest novel to be published through Decadent. It is prequel to the Beyond Fairytales story For the Love of Geese and it features Dylan’s brother Jace and his old friend, Lyric.

How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* I actually wrote this one first. I love the small town feel of some books and that’s what I did with Dylan, I put him in a small town where everyone knew everyone else. But I love legal things and Lyric has such a special gift, I thought she could do something great with it and she needed to tell her story. At the same time, she needed someone to love because her family life was a little less than what a girl hopes for. The idea for Lyric came first and I knew her man would have to be strong and self-confident enough to deal with her special gift. Jace was perfect for her.

Describe the hero in five words.
* Wow, five words is hard. Athletic. Handsome. Playful. Witty. Did I say Handsome?

Describe the heroine in five words.
* Gifted. Smart. Independent. Sarcastic. Afraid.

Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* Jace is absolutely my favorite. He has moves that I had no idea he would have.

What's your favorite line in the story?
* “You could stay with me.” My head whipped toward Jace.
* I nodded. “I could, but it would be so cold, what with Hell having frozen clear over.”

A look into the story
~ Blurb ~
* Lyric Brenner is not your average girl. Her start in life was rough. She hardly speaks to her twin sister. And, oh yeah. She can read minds, dabble in the thoughts of others. On her own since she was sixteen, Lyric learned to use her gift to land a lucrative high dollar job in the court system, protect herself from liars, cheats, and baristas with bad attitudes and, more often than not, amuse herself.
* Lyric has never forgotten Jace Laugherty or his kiss. Running into him again seems unlikely. But a little shoe-icide, a crazy ex, and a dinner gathering her whole dysfunctional family together, paves the road to happiness with lopsided cobblestones. Can they find love before they lose each other again?
~ Excerpt ~
* As suddenly as he’d become playful, he turned the tables, gazing at me while holding my hand between both of his. “What about you, my little Lyric? Can you see yourself kissing it better?”
* Hell, yes, I could. I cleared my throat, blinking away the stars in my eyes. “You’d better stick to the barflies and the bachelorettes, mean boy. Flirting with me is pretty useless.”
* “Yeah?”
* I nodded, pulling away.
* “Why is that?” Jace had never met a challenge he didn’t like, and I’d just issued one by accident. Maybe.
* If my hammering heart hadn’t been enough to set me on the run, the mischief written on his face would have had me searching out the nearest exit at warp speed. I hopped off the barstool and swayed, certain my next move would be to hit the floor.
* Jace’s arms came around me, and a new kind of dizzy clouded my vision. “Where’re you going?”
* “You’re too sexy and too pretty, and I’m weak. I should go before I do something stupid.”
* His eyes, the exact color of the most comfy jeans I owned, half closed as he looked into mine. “You can’t say something like that then leave me here alone,” he whispered.
Buy Reading His Mind here...
Amazon | Kobo | Google Play | Bono Books
Find Melissa Shirley here...
Website | Twitter
Thank you for joining us here today, Melissa Shirley! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.

No comments: