Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

11 April 2015

Welcome special guest: author Jessica E. Subject ~ @jsubject @decadentpub #SciFi #erotic

Today we have author Jessica E. Subject visiting.
What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Jessica E. Subject is the author of contemporary and science fiction romance, ranging from sweet to erotic. In her stories, you could meet clones, or a sexy alien or two. You may even be transported to another planet for a romantic rendezvous.
* When Jessica isn't reading, writing, or doing dreaded housework, she likes to get out and walk with her giant, hairy dog her family adopted from the local animal shelter.
* Jessica lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband and two energetic children. And she loves to hear from her readers. You can find her at jessicasubject.com and on twitter @jsubject.

So, Jessica E. Subject, what/who inspired you to become a writer?
* I’ve always enjoyed reading and writing, but it wasn’t until my daughter was learning to read and didn’t like any of the books sent home for school that I actually considered writing for publication. I wrote a story for her and then started writing longer stories geared toward adults. I guess in the end, it was a combination of my mother and my daughter.

When did you attempt your first story? What length was it? What's become of it?
* It was around the end of 2008 or the beginning of 2009. It was around 85,000 words. While it was published for a short time, I wasn’t happy with it, and the publisher went under. Now, I have my rights back to it, and I plan to completely rewrite the story after a friend, who is also a long-time published author, read it over and gave me some great advice. Some characters and ideas will be the same, while others will be completely different. The title will be different, too, as it will not be the same story. I’ll be working on that later this year.

How many stories did you complete before you sold your first?
* I had a lot on the go in the beginning, but the first story I actually completed and submitted was Celestial Seduction, and it was contracted to Decadent Publishing for their 1Night Stand line almost four years ago.

What are the best and worst pieces of writing advice you ever received?
* Gosh, I’ve received so much great advice from authors like Lorna Suzuki, Deborah Cooke, my editors who are also authors, and many more over the years, it’s hard to pick just one thing. I guess the best piece of advice would be to write what I would want to read rather than writing what’s popular. One can put their heart into what they enjoy more than writing in a genre they wouldn’t normally read just because it’s hot at the time.
* The worst comes from people who aren’t in the industry, and that’s to get out of the house and get a “real” job.

The book you’re promoting, is it a stand-alone story or part of a series?
* Her Alien Hero is part of the 1Night Stand line at Decadent Publishing, and my eighth as part of the line. While it does have minor characters found in Celestial Seduction and Unknown Futures, it is not necessary to read either one before this story.

What sparked the idea for the story/series?
* While the 1Night Stand stories have been around for a long time, Her Alien Hero is linked to the Romancing the Capital conference I will be attending next weekend. The editors for the line Kate Richards and Valerie Mann asked if I would be interested in writing a story that took place at the conference. I was all over it.

*** Now for some fun info… ***
Would you/have you own(ed) a snake or some other exotic pet?
* I’ve held many snakes before, but never owned any. My brother-in-law owned two though. They’ve both since passed away. The most exotic pet I ever owned was a California Newt.

Which do you prefer: rain or sun & warm weather or cold weather?
* Hmmm, it really depends on what you mean by warm weather, and what season it is. I live in Canada, surrounded by the great lakes, an area where we often get lake effect snow. I don’t mind the rain for a day, but not for extended periods of time. I do love the sun and warm temperature, but anything warmer than 25C (77F) is too warm for me. I do like cooler temperatures, but by the beginning of February, I’m yearning for warmer temperatures. So much for a short answer. LOL

If you could live anywhere in the universe, where would it be and why?
* While many supposed Earth-like planets have been discovered, no one has been to any of them to confirm the discovery. Until that happens, I think I’ll stay on Earth. I just wish the people here got along better.

If you were stranded on a desert island and were only allowed to have five modern conveniences with you, what would they be?
* If this island has electricity, I’d want my phone, some kind of oven or cooking element (no way I’m eating raw meat), a water bottle, a pot, and water filtration tablets.

*** About the book… ***
~ Blurb ~
* Librarian by day, erotic romance author by night, Melinda Rose sets out for another exciting conference, this one in Canada’s capital city, Ottawa. But all her plans go up in smoke when the 1Night Stand she applies for is set to happen at the same time.
* Cooper Tate heads to Ottawa to meet a friend. When he learns of her deception, he is ready to head back home and vows never to trust her again. That is, until he sees a picture of his stunning date.
* With the help of Madame Eve, can these two former neighbors become lovers? Or will extraterrestrial secrets rip away the hero Melinda has always dreamed of?
Related Title: Celestial Seduction
Other 1Night Stand stories by Jessica E. Subject: Celestial Seduction, Beneath the Starry Sky, Unknown Futures, Satin Sheets in Space, Sudden Breakaway, Another Night Another Planet, His Alien Virgin
~ Excerpt ~
* Cooper locked the door then headed her way. Instead of passing her, he lingered at her side. “Melinda, I have to tell you something.” He cleared his throat and rubbed at the middle of his forehead. “You see, my friend set this whole thing up. When I found out, I wasn’t very happy and planned to leave.”
* A sudden coldness hit her core. His warm greeting, the compliments, all an act. Not the first time. He didn’t want to be there. With her. “Fine.” She peered around Cooper toward the door. “I understand. I’ll go.”
* “No.” He moved closer and brushed his fingers across her hands, sending a jolt of electricity up her arms. “I changed my mind when I saw your picture.”
* She swayed on her feet. Cooper had stayed for her?
* He closed in, and she backed up a step. “You see, I always wanted you, even after you moved away.” He held her tight to the wall with his muscular frame, restricting her movement. When he gripped the cheeks of her ass, she jumped at the bold move.
* She recovered in a split second, but didn’t miss his brief chuckle. She reached across his shoulders, clasping her hands behind his head. So much like the beginning of all her fantasies, with Cooper taking her the moment he saw her. She pinched the back of her hand to ensure she remained in reality. Completely authentic.
* He touched his forehead to hers, his breathing ragged. “What do you want, Melinda?”
* She melted at the sexy rumble of his voice. She’d never stopped wondering what happened to him after she’d moved away or imagining him instead of many men she’d been intimate with. Everyone else had acted as an appetizer, leaving her craving him as her main course, her dessert, and every single meal thereafter. “You,” she whispered.
* Cupping the back of his head, she touched her lips to his. The feather-light contact quickly became more urgent as Cooper enticed her lips open and fucked her mouth with his tongue. He grabbed her ass, lifting her closer to him. Her heart thundered. She molded into him, letting his dominating energy take control.
* He fisted the material of her dress covering her thigh, kissing along her jawline, behind her ear, and down her neck. If not for the support of his hard body and the wall, she would have been on the floor, ecstasy leaving her legs numb.
* Bit by bit, he inched the side of her dress up until he’d exposed her entire leg. As he ran a hand across her bare bottom, she released a quiet moan. She hadn’t expected a greeting quite like this, but she refused to stop him.
* Cooper shifted, his swollen cock pressing against her through his jeans. Heat radiated off him, his need mixing with her own.
* With desperate movements, he lifted her leg around his waist and reached between her legs from behind, plucking the thin material of her thong away from her folds.
* Her lust cranked higher. Melinda stood on her tiptoes to grant him better access. Mind whirling, she rocked her hips toward her fantasy come true.
***Buy***
All Romance eBooks | Amazon | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada | Amazon Germany | Barnes & Noble | Google Play | iBooks | Kobo | Book on Goodreads
***Find Jessica E. Subject here***
Website | Newsletter | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Google+ | Amazon Author Page | Goodreads Page | Authorgraph | Printable Book List


Thank you for joining us here today, Jessica E. Subject! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your work.

1 comment:

Jessica E. Subject said...

Thank you so much for having me today! It's such a pleasure to visit with you and your readers. :)