Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

27 April 2012

Welcome special guest: author Tami Vinson ( #FF @TamiCat76 )

Today we have author Tami Vinson (a.k.a. Tami VanGurp) visiting. Tami says, "A little Bit of Me... As you probably can tell by now I have an off the wall sense of humor, but I can be shy at times. I'm the youngest of three and the only girl, so yes I could be a little spoiled, but I'm not. (ha!) I'm a preacher's kid and a military brat who was born in Phoenix, AZ and raised between there, Georgia and Louisiana. As a result of that mixed upbringing, I'm a creative little southern brew :) That creativity has lent itself to many different areas of my life. For instance: my love for cooking Creole food, being a professional hairstylist and most recently a romance author. It’s been a secret dream of mine to write romance novels for a while and now that I've started, the words just won't stop! lol Good thing there are 24 hours in a day, right?" She's also a featured author at Arizona Dreamin' - Arizona's first romance-reader event! http://arizonadreamin.wordpress.com/

So, Tami, what inspired you to become a writer?
My absolute love of reading romance novels and my career as a single girl! What single woman doesn’t want to write her very own love story and create the perfect ‘happily ever after’? I simply couldn’t resist!!

When did you attempt your first story? What length was it? What's become of it?
I wrote my very first story in 1999 when I was 8 months pregnant and on bed rest with my daughter and completely bored outta my mind!! I was halfway finished with it when I went into labor and it’s been shelved for twelve years and counting. It’s in the back of my mind to finish it someday soon.

How many stories did you complete before you sold your first?
Just one. I did some ghost writing in 2009 and throughout that process, I got over my fears of putting my working out ‘there’.

What genre(s) do you write in? What drew you to write in it/them? What’s your favorite genre of all to write in?
I write in the Interracial Romance genre. What drew me to this genre was my personal belief that true love is colorblind and how the color of our skin is the very least of our problems when it comes to finding and keeping someone you love. As a result, its my favorite genre to read and write.

What are the best and worst pieces of writing advice you ever received?
The best? Treat it like it’s a job. Best piece of advice ever!! Those were the exact words I needed to hear at the time and they have motivated me to kick my hinny into full gear and be ambitious in 2012.
The worst? Hmmm, I’ll have to think about that one for a moment…I haven’t received any bad yet, thank goodness! :)

How do you celebrate/deal with acceptance/rejection letters?
I celebrate by simply doing the ‘happy dance’! It’s a little uncoordinated but it works!! Lol :)
I deal with rejection process by going through my book again and making it better. Gotta keep moving ahead no matter what!!

In regard to the book you’re promoting, which actor and actress do you envision playing the roles of your hero and heroine? If there’s a villain or other characters who are pertinent to the story, who would play those parts?
With no hesitation I’d shout, “Hugh Jackman” to play the role of Eric Jameson. Definitely Kerry Washington playing the part of Winter Jones.

The book you’re promoting, is it a stand-alone story or part of a series? If it’s part of a series, please list the order the books need to be read in for maximum reading enjoyment.
Winter’s Heat is the first book in the Heat series. Everyday life sparked the idea behind the Heat series. The idea that love could be right underneath your nose if you only recognized it. The next book in the Heat series will be Protective Heat and it’s the story of Eric’s partner Quinn Thomas.

*** Now for some fun info… ***
What’s your favorite color?
My favorite color is black because it has every color within it.

What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
Chocolate!! Is there any other?

Are you a cat, dog or both kind of person?
I’m a dog person all the way. I have two 1 yr old Boston terrier dogs named Tyson and Moochie who are simply adorable….bad as hell, but adorable. lol

Would you/have you own(ed) a snake or some other exotic pet?
Let’s just say I’m not allowed to buy anymore fish from the pet store…lol

Which do you prefer: rain or sun & warm weather or cold weather?
Oh my goodness I’m a total sun baby!!! Cold weather and I are bitter enemies…

Are you a morning person or night owl?
I can be both as long as I get a nap and some B-12. Not necessarily in that order… Lol :)

What’s your favorite day of the week?
Sunday is my favorite day of the week because I get do a lot more writing on that particular day.

What’s your favorite number?
#1 of course!! “There can be only one…” (totally said that in the highlander voice because Adrian Paul is hot!!)

If you could live anywhere in the universe, where would it be and why?
Right here on God’s green earth because it’s breathtakingly beautiful with places still yet to be explored. And because I hate packing and moving almost as much as a hate spiders!!!

If you were stranded on a desert island and were only allowed to have five modern conveniences with you, what would they be?
Cell phone, solar charger, kindle tablet, chocolate, and (drum roll please) underwear. (sandfleas…need I say more?) lol

*** About Tami’s book/series… ***
My latest book, Winter’s Heat was so much fun to write from start to finish! It took me about three months in between running my hair salon and going to school to become a nurse and was a very welcome relief for my tired brain.
    The character of Eric Jameson came to me as this guy who followed the rules especially the ones he himself made no matter what. In walks the character of Winter Jones and she unknowingly challenges his strict code with her sweet, but innate sensuality. Soon business becomes pleasure as they both give into the draw of sweet temptation.
    But as desire quickly turns to love, their newfound love is threatened by a villain that’s been hiding right underneath their noses.
    No worries though, love does conquer the day!! (What?! You expected me to give all the juicy details away? Lol)
    If you’re ready to be coolly seduced by Winter’s Heat, you can find my new release on Amazon.com or AllRomance.com.
    Happy reading!! <3 <3


***Find Tami here***
I love hearing from readers immensely! Feel free to check me out on my website @ TamiVinson.com, my blog TamiVinson.blogspot.com, FaceBook under Tami Vinson, or TamiCat76 on Twitter.com. So basically everything except smoke signals!! lol

Thank you for joining us here today, Tami! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your work.

No comments: