What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I'm a mum of nine and happily married to my very own alpha hero for the last 23 years. A writer of all things naughty, I like to spin sensual, sassy, and sexy tales involving alpha heroes to die for, and heroines who give as good as they get. From contemporary to paranormal, BDSM to F/F, and Ménage, haunting love stories are guaranteed.
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* Sol And The Magic Fingers is my first contribution to Evernight Publishing's excellent Romance On The Go Line, and I wrote this story in one session. Yes, really… I just couldn't stop writing!
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* I was part of several Christmas Bloghops last year, and one of my questions to readers was, "Tell me what you wish for." A reader replied saying she would love to have a magical e-reader, and immediately my muse went, "Oohh, now, I can work with that."
* I was busy with other things, but the story kinda lingered in the background until New Year's Eve when I was standing at my sink, doing the washing up, and suddenly Sol popped into my head, dictating the entire first chapter.
* When that happens, resistance is futile, so despite it being New Year's Eve, and having to deal with a poorly toddler to boot, the entire story was written in between clearing up puddles of toddler sick, toasting in the New Year, and breaking up teenage squabbles. (I'm good at multi-tasking…)
* Four am the next morning saw me type the end under the first draft, and it was subbed by the end of that week. Thankfully Evernight liked the story as much as I did. In fact, it's an Editors Pick!
* *big cheesy grin*
Describe the hero in five words.
* Ancient, Magical, Sexy, Dominant, Repentant
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Frustrated, Vulnerable, Hurt, Strong, Passionate
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* It has to be Sol. He was such a strong voice when I was writing this story, and despite it being told entirely in the heroine's POV, you get a very clear sense of who Sol is. His conflict is quite unique, and he's had a lot of time to ponder over past mistakes. You've got to love a man, not only determined to pleasure his heroine, but one who's not afraid to show his vulnerable side.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* "You are so beautiful, all soft and round as a woman ought to be."
A look into the story
* Saucy stories in the old library? It doesn't seem likely, but when Karen is sent home with an odd looking reading device magic happens at the touch of her fingers. Is the drop dead gorgeous man she encounters real or just a flight of her imagination?
* Caught in a weekend of sexual delight, will she lose her heart, as well as her inhibitions? And is there any future for the two of them?
* Two hours later she dropped the reader out of her clammy hands and drew a ragged breath into her lungs. Wow, that had been an intense read. The story was hot, but somehow, this time round it had felt as though she had been the heroine in the book, so engrossed had she been in the scenes unfolding in her mind. Beads of perspiration covered her body, and her breasts felt heavy and so sensitive that the slightest touch of her blouse against her hard nipples sent darts of stinging awareness between her thighs. Her underwear was soaked through with the evidence of her arousal, and a mere brush of her fingers over the engorged nub at the top of her slit was all it took for her to tumble into a breathtaking orgasm.
* When she had her breathing back under control, she smiled, as her fingertips touched the reader. It brightened and vibrated slightly, and Karen couldn't stop herself from murmuring her wish.
* "If only you could magic me a real life man like the ones in your stories." The reader grew hot, and Karen yelped as it burned her fingertips. She blew on them and frowned, but the reader was once again back to normal. Still that odd looking design, but not glowing, vibrating, or otherwise, and—she touched it gingerly—not hot. Karen shook her head at her fanciful imaginings and headed for the shower.
* That's what she needed, a nice long, hot shower to chase away the cobwebs and a chance to try out her new waterproof dildo. She sniggered as she turned on the shower and eyed the huge phallus shaped object. She would see…
* She switched on the shower and stepped under the heavy stream. The power shower had been the major selling point when Karen had bought her apartment. Where other women soaked in the bath, she lingered in the shower. Nothing like letting the jets of hot water soothe cramping muscles and drain the stresses of the day down the swirling plughole. She closed her eyes and let her mind wander. She wasn't really standing in the shower—no she was on a tropical island under a cascading waterfall, waiting for her lover to appear. She smiled and cupped her breasts, imagining it was another set of hands massaging the heavy globes. She leaned back against the tiles to steady herself, only in her imagination it was her lover's hard muscled chest. Two strong arms circled her, and her heart did a silly little flop, as teeth grazed her ear.
* "I've got you. Just let yourself feel." The deeply seductive, slightly accented voice dripped over her senses, like hot, molten chocolate, and the unmistakable edge of command caused a delicious flutter of excitement deep inside her core. He trailed his large, slightly calloused hands along her arms and pulled them up high above her head. Something wrapped around her wrists and another tug brought her up on her tiptoes. She swayed until his hard arm ‘round her waist grounded her against him. A hair-roughened thigh slipped between her legs, creating delicious friction against her core, and a rush of her juices coated her nether lips.
* "Who are you?" She had to ask, even if it meant spoiling the magic, for the hard cock pressing into her ass cheeks left her in no doubt that she was not on her own. Either she was fast asleep, having the most erotic dream yet, or she had indeed been joined in the shower by an unknown man, whose clean and slightly spicy musk permeated her consciousness, and pitched her arousal higher still. Like the strongest aphrodisiac, his scent surrounded her, strange and familiar all at once, and the frisson of fear the absurdity of the situation brought with it, just increased the intensity of her feelings.
* "I'm Sol, and I'm here to make your dreams come true. Will you let me?"
Buy Sol and the Magic Fingers here...
All Romance eBooks
Find Doris O'Connor here...
Evernight Publishing Page
All Romance E-Books Page
Thank you for joining us here today, Doris! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.