What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I write irresistible romance, from sweet to erotic and everything in between. On the personal side, I’m a frazzled maid, chef, chauffeur, tutor, and personal assistant. I battle a serious NASCAR addiction and was once a landlord of two uninvited squirrels. I follow research and new developments concerning tricuspid atresia and other congenital heart defects, and I hold a special place in my heart for “heart kids” and their families.
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* Captivating the CEO is an office romance and a medical romance, as well as a New Adult story. It’s a stand-alone title, but it’s also part of Decadent Publishing’s Challenge Series. Rather than being connected books, every book in this line deals with a physical or emotional challenge that is integral to the characters’ journey.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* As soon as I read the guidelines for Decadent’s Challenge series, I knew this would be a home for the story I’d been too scared to write, the one I couldn’t give the “and they were magically cured and never had any pain or hardship again forever and ever” happy ending. This book would be a romance novel with a real-life happy ending, the type of happy ending I want for every person I know who has a medical problem similar to Willow’s.
Describe the hero in five words.
* Colin is a focused, driven, tense workaholic planner.
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Willow is a flirty, light-hearted, live-for-today free spirit. (If that counts as more than five, Willow doesn’t let herself get bogged down by too many rules.)
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* Willow is special to me because her medical condition is shared by someone very close to me. I love how she doesn’t let anyone pity her and does everything she can to live life to the fullest and enjoy every second.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* “Do you intimidate everyone you meet?” Willow asked.
* “Apparently not.” Tearing his attention from her mouth, he regarded her pointedly.
A look into the story
* When live-for-the-moment massage therapist Willow Jeffries bursts into Colin Vanderhayden's office, she makes it her mission to loosen up the future-focused CEO, knowing each moment of the present is too precious to waste. Despite her immediate attraction, the only future she can offer is one full of heartache.
* The last thing Colin needs is a flighty woman messing up his carefully-constructed plans, but her heavenly massages and addictive personality prove hard to resist. But he has no idea how sick she is.
* No longer able to ignore her life-threatening medical condition, Willow slips away to spare Colin a miserable future with her. Is Colin willing to sacrifice his well-laid future plans to get Willow back?
* Stars danced in front of her eyes, but she willed them away to press her tongue between his lips. No matter how light-headed she became, she refused to miss a moment of the kiss. Colin's mouth made the opportunity to enjoy worth the risk of passing out.
* But, too soon, he broke off, panting, his eyes dilated with desire. “I have to get that.”
* “Get what?” His words made no sense, then her ears started ringing. No, not her ears. His damned phone.
* “Of course you do.”
* But he'd already turned his attention to a conversation he gave far more importance to than anything she offered.
* Sinking onto the couch, she pressed her fingers to her still tingling lips. Dear God, she hoped she didn't affect him as strongly as he affected her. If he became emotionally invested, she'd bring pain and misery into his life.
Buy Captivating the CEO here...
Decadent Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | Bookstrand | Barnes & Noble
Find Sara Daniel here...
Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest
Thank you for joining us here today, Sara Daniel! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
Contest! Enter via the rafflecopter for a giveaway for $25 Amazon gift card:
a Rafflecopter giveaway