What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Descended from a long line of storytellers, Jacki spins adventures filled with mystery, healing and romance.
* Jacki’s love affair with the arts began at a young age and inspired her to train as a jazz singer and dancer. She has performed many acting roles with Seattle Opera Company and Pacific Northwest Ballet.
* Although writing now fills much of her day, she continues to volunteer for Seattle’s Ballet and Opera Companies and leads children’s tours of Pike Street Market.
* Jacki’s two Golden Labs, Gus and Talley, are her constant companions. Their years of devotion and intuition inspired her to write dogs as main characters alongside her strong heroines.
* A geek at heart, Jacki loves superhero movies—a hero’s battle against insurmountable odds. But her heroines don’t have to wear a unitard to fight injustice and battle for the underdog.
* Her debut novel, AN INNER FIRE, released November 14, 2013.
What are you going to tell us about today?
* My story An Inner Fire. I set An Inner Fire in Seattle, my long-time home. The city’s unique and colorful locations are a backdrop for the romantic mystery. My volunteer work with Seattle’s homeless shelters influenced one of the main characters in An Inner Fire.
A look into the story
* As a key crime witness, Grayce must convince the attractive, logical, by-the-numbers fire investigator, Ewan Davis,that the fire she witnessed is part of a larger criminal conspiracy. Grayce embarks upon a mission to gather proof of the dangerous threat. She enlists the help of her cross-dressing best friend, her street-wise assistant, and Davis’ poodle, to conduct her own investigation.
* As her feelings for Davis shift between white hot passion and cold fear, Grayce must risk exposing her secrets to save Davis’ life. Davis must accept things, he can neither see, nor understand to solve the mystery and finally find the love he has stopped believing in.
* With nudges from the protective poodle, Grayce and Davis confront shocking betrayal and international crime on the rain soaked streets of Seattle.
* “I am tired but something is wrong. When I’m with you, I experience overwhelming sensations. I know you’re in danger.”
* He pulled both her hands back into his, he had to touch her. “Grayce, you’re absolutely right. I’m in danger, but not from that thug.”
* Her whole body stiffened. “Someone else has threatened you?”
* He squeezed her hands and gazed into her eyes, trying to communicate his need for her. “Yes, there is a person who is a threat to me.”
* She gasped. “Who?”
* I’m not tense from the investigation but from trying to deny what is between us. Don’t you know when we’re together the room vibrates? All those sensations you’re feeling are between us.”
* He didn’t usually have to convince women they were attracted to him. Grayce definitely needed some convincing, judging by the astonishment in her voice.
* “All the strain is us trying to ignore what’s happening.”
* “You think everything I’m feeling is…is an attraction between us?”
* By the shock on her face, Grayce wasn’t driven by desire for him.
* “Don’t worry, my feelings aren’t hurt.” At least, not that he would admit. “I’m going to give you time to realize what a wonderful guy I am.” He liked a challenge and convincing Grayce Walters was going to be a challenging pleasure.
Buy An Inner Fire here...
Amazon | B&N - eBook | B&N - Print
| Kobo |iTunes |Smashwords |
Find Jacki Delecki here...
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Amazon Author Page | Goodreads | LinkedIn
Thank you for joining us here today, Jacki Delecki! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! The author will award a $25 Amazon GC and eBook copy of "An Inner Fire" to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour! So be sure to leave your name and email with your comment, visit the other tour stops (find them here: goddessfishpromotions-book-blast-inner-fire-by-jacki-delecki) for a greater chance of winning!