What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* D. L. Jackson is an award-winning author of urban fantasy, science fiction, military romance and erotic romance. She loves to incorporate crazy plot twists, comedy and the unexpected into her worlds. As a U.S. Army veteran, she naturally adores men in uniform and feels the world could always use more. She does her part by incorporating as many sexy soldiers in her novels as she can. When she isn't writing or running the roads, you can often find her online chatting with her peers and readers. Grab a cup of iced coffee, pull up your virtual chair and say hi. She loves emails and blog visits from her readers. www.authordljackson.com
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* Being Prince Charming. It’s part of Decadent Publishing’s 1Night Stand series and book two in my military fairytales series. The first book is Cinderella Wore Combat Boots, followed by Being Prince Charming, and then Beauty and the Brigadier, which should release sometime in January of 2014.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* I wanted to tell a short military story with a theme of the fairy tale. Since Gunny’s story followed Cinderella, I thought it appropriate to throw in a prince—even if he is a little rough around the edges.
Describe the hero in five words.
* Marine, Loyal, Loving, Determined, Hard-headed
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Self-sacrificing, loyal, compassionate, strong, beautiful
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* Gunny. His determination to go after what he wants.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* You won’t even wear pink or get next to something pink, claiming you’ll break out in hives, and here you are, your fine, six-foot-four ass self, stuffed into a pair of tights that could easily be paired with a tutu.
A look into the story
* Words screamed in anger, an empty nest, and an emptier life are just some of the reasons people divorce. For Gunny, a diehard Marine who refuses to give up the Corps, and Lissa his wife of over twenty years, the reason isn’t a good one. After a heated argument morphs out of control, Lissa walks away and in his pride, August refuses to go after her.
* It took two years, but Lissa is finally ready to move on with her life and marry another man. Only one problem, her heart still belongs to the Marine she left behind.
* August is back, looking for a second chance, and this time he isn’t letting Lissa walk away without a fight. Gunny has given up everything, including the Marine Corps, for a second chance with the woman he loves. Madam Eve has given him one night to prove to Lissa he’s all she ever wanted—that he can still be her Prince Charming. Fail, and she’ll marry another man in the morning.
* For this Marine—failure is not an option.
* No matter how he tried, he couldn’t wrap his mind around the finality and accept it. Marines didn’t give up. He picked up his bags and walked out the door, not bothering to lock it behind him.
* Anyone who wanted it could have the remnants of his life. He’d finally retired from the Marines and, thanks to Cori, had secured a job working for Sol’s company, Protect and Serve. Not that it mattered. Without Lissa, he had no reason to care, but it would help him to get by until he could figure out how to get his wife back.
* Make that ex-wife.
* And he would find a way. Eventually, she’d come to her senses. No one could turn love off. He’d be the one to know. His heart ached constantly for the woman he’d once had. He’d been an idiot not to listen to what she said, to put the Corps before her. Hindsight being twenty-twenty and all that, he decided he needed to man up, improvise, adapt, and overcome.
Buy D. L. Jackson's stories here...
Decadent Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | Barnes & Noble | BookStrand
Cinderella Wore Combat Boots will be available for free on Amazon for five days in conjunction with the release of Being Prince Charming! Get it here: Cinderella on Amazon. Here's a book trailer, too...
Find D. L. Jackson here...
Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
Thank you for joining us here today, D. L. Jackson! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.