What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* My name is Tamsin Flowers and I love to write light-hearted erotica, often with a twist in the tail/tale and a sense of fun. One reviewer was generous enough to describe my writing like this, 'Ms Flowers has a way of describing sexual tension that forces itself upon your own body' — an effect I always strive for! My stories have appeared in a wide variety of anthologies , for publishers including Cleis Press, Xcite Books, House of Erotica and Go Deeper Press. I've now progressed from shorts to novellas, of which The Christmas Tattoo is the first—and I intend to extend myself further by writing my magnum opus in the very near future. In the meantime, like most erotica writers, I find myself working on at least ten stories at once: while I figure out whose leg belongs in which story, you can find out more about me at Tamsin's Superotica or Tamsin Flowers.
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* Today I'm visiting with my latest release, The Christmas Tattoo. It's a spicy but sweet erotic love story set in a small town in Virginia over the holiday period.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* I knew I wanted to do a Christmas story and I knew it had to be romantic - Christmas is absolutely the best time to be falling in love. But I was looking for some extra spice so I combined the romance with my fascination for tattoos - and what could be better than a beautiful girl falling for smoldering tattoo artist who's been harboring feelings for her since high school?
Describe the hero in five words.
* Hot, tattooed, caring and super-sexy.
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Gorgeous, redhead, heartbroken, confused and vulnerable.
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* The two main characters are Bradie and Colt and I adored writing them - I could certainly feel them falling in love with each other and it was a wonderful feeling! But the character that I had most fun with was Bradie's curmudgeon of a father. Brokenhearted after catching her boyfriend in bed with her best friend, Bradie comes home to spend Christmas with her estranged father and, put it this way, he's not too impressed!
What's your favorite line in the story?
* 'Hey, Bradie? Is that Bradie Clements?'
* This is my favourite line not because of what it says but because of the chain of events it sets in motion. Bradie's on the train home to the small town she thought she'd left behind. Her big city world has come crumbling down around her ears, and it's time to retreat and lick her wounds. What she's not looking for is love. So a chance encounter on the train with a guy she knew in high school seems casual and meaningless at first. But then doesn't love always sneak up when you least expect it?
A look into the story
* Somehow, without breaking the kiss, Colt led her to his bedroom, his hands sliding across her back in a way that made her suddenly breathless. He sat her on the edge of his unmade double bed and knelt in front of her.
* “This is weird, Bradie, but it’s like we’re somehow picking up where we left off all those years ago.”
* Bradie nodded. Her eyes were drawn to his lips; red and bee-stung from kissing and she wanted to taste them some more.
* “Not weird,” she said. “Good.”
* “I need to see you naked,” said Colt.
* The longing in his voice and his eyes was palpable, and it was matched by the insistent thrumming of her own pulse and the heat building on her skin.
* Again she nodded and Colt’s hands gently lifted the bottom edge of her sweater. She raised her arms above her head to allow him to peel it off and was instantly rewarded with his sharp intake of breath. She’d had no reason to put on her prettiest lace bra that morning, but she did and now it was definitely having the desired effect. Sweater tossed aside and Colt’s hands went straight to her breasts. His eyes were wide as he ever so gently pushed the lace aside to liberate them and then, with a soft groan, his mouth came forward to claim one. Bradie’s insides flipped and she sank back on her elbows on the bed, spreading her legs wide so Colt could lean in forwards against her. Her nipples pebbled, one under the hot rasping pressure of Colt’s tongue, one caught in the cool grasp of his finger and thumb. Her hands raked through his hair and she felt primed to take what Colt could give her, what she desperately needed from him.
* Colt’s teeth suddenly nipped her other nipple, making her gasp, and then she felt his hands at the top of her jeans.
* “Are you sure you want this?” he whispered. “Because if we go any further, I won’t be able to stop.”
* His voice cracked a little and Bradie sat up to bring her mouth to his. As she kissed him she spoke through it.
* “More than anything, Colt. I want you more than anything.”
* His hands came to the side of her face and he deepened the kiss, plundering her mouth with his tongue, pushing it as far back as he could, exploring her teeth and twisting it against her own tongue. Bradie pulled up his t-shirt and laid her hands on his chest. His nipples hardened under her touch and then she let her hands slide down the ridges of his firm abs.
* “Now, Colt,” she urged. “Don’t make me wait.”
* In a desperate scrabble, Colt’s t-shirt and jeans, and her own jeans, panties, boots and socks were all cast aside. At last they were naked and as Bradie lay back on the bed, Colt swooped down on top of her. Feeling the warmth of his skin along the whole length of her body gave her an electric shock and in the half-light bleeding through the door from the living room, she could make out the dark shadows of his tattoos. She couldn’t ever remember being this turned on or needy with Kris but she pushed the thought from her mind and started to kiss the base of Colt’s neck.
* His hands slid up and down her body, cupping her breasts and stroking the soft curve of her stomach. As they brushed the narrow strip of hair leading down between her legs, she let her teeth find purchase on Colt’s shoulder. He grunted and pulled her tight against him; she felt for the first time the firm pressure of his erection against her thigh.
Buy The Christmas Tattoo here...
Xcite Books | Amazon - US | Amazon - UK | Kobo
Find Tamsin Flowers here...
Website | Blog | Twitter
Thank you for joining us here today, Tamsin Flowers! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.