What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I’m a newbie author and romance junkie. I read practically every romance genre, but I’ve managed to contain myself to writing contemporary, post apocalyptic or fantasy romance. I’m living in D.C. right now, but my husband’s job tends to take us to interesting places. Before moving back to the U.S. last July, I lived in the United Arab Emirates for two years and Pakistan for one. You can find out more about me by visiting my WEBSITE
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* My contemporary romance Delicious Delay just came out. As the name implies, it’s about an unplanned romantic encounter during a stopover in a Middle Eastern airport. The hero is an (ever so slightly snooty) Arab, while the heroine is a feisty red head. Let’s just say they have quite a bit of fun before the plane takes off.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* Last July, as I was moving back to the U.S. from Pakistan, I transited through Abu Dhabi International Airport. As can be expected whilst flying through the dessert at the height of summer, the plane experienced technical difficulties that resulted in an eight-hour (not at all delicious) delay. I couldn’t help but notice the situation would be a perfect premise for a one-night-stand type romance, and the plot bunnies took over my brain during the 12-hour transatlantic flight.
Describe the hero in five words.
* Arab Sheikh with British Accent
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Smart Rule-Abiding American Redhead
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* It’s hard to pick between them, but I’ll go with Kal. He’s temptation incarnate, and I can’t resist him.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* Michelle: “Don’t even think about it. You’re just not the long-haul type of guy. You’re not even the medium-haul type of guy.”
* (I love it when preconceptions are invariably proven wrong)
A look into the story
* Khalid Al Dehri takes one look at the red-headed spitfire in the business class lounge and knew he’d either been transported to heaven—or hell. Her tart response to his surliness intrigues him beyond all propriety and the longer he spends in her company, the more he can’t deny his forbidden attraction. But will she explore the sensuality between them or will society’s rules keep them apart?
* She tried to get her breathing under control, without much success. “Why am I sure it’s an indecent one?”
* He motioned his head toward the far end of the lounge. Latticed wooden screens gave that particular section more privacy. In an L-shaped room, the tucked-away location prevented a direct line of sight from the dining or reception areas.
* He got up and offered her his hand. She hesitated for a long moment before taking it. With faltering footsteps, she followed him. More private or not, limits on how far this could go existed due to them being in an airport lounge. Since her self-control had chosen today to take a vacation, she appreciated the imposed constraint.
* He lowered himself onto a plush leather sofa deep inside the cordoned area. With walls on either side and screens strategically angled, the space seemed to have been designed as a spot for people to nap.
* On the brink of crossing a dangerous line, she hesitated. “What exactly do you have in mind?”
Buy Delicious Delay here...
Decadent Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | Bookstrand | Barnes & Noble
Find Tara Quan here...
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon
Thank you for joining us here today, Tara Quan! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.