What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Tamra Lassiter lives in Northern Virginia with her supportive husband, two lovely daughters, elegant Great Dane and not-so-elegant, but very sweet, English Bulldog. She enjoys spending time with her family, reading and of course, writing.
What are you going to tell us about today?
* My story Something to Lose and the five musts every Romantic Suspense should have
* 1. Romance – This may seem obvious, but hear me out. Many Romantic Suspense novels just contain sex. For me, it has to be more substantial than that. Sex isn’t romance. I’m not saying it has to be all candlelight and flowers, but the characters have to have feelings for each other that go beyond plain lust.
* 2. A hot hero – Is he an agent of some kind? CIA? DEA? FBI? He doesn’t have to be an agent so if not, what is he? Is he a bad boy who was toughened up on the streets? There are options. What fits into your story?
* 3. A strong heroine – She doesn’t have to be perfect, but she has to be strong enough to be able to handle whatever situation she’s thrown into. She can’t just follow the hero to the end of the story. She has to use her intelligence to help them get to the end goal, whatever that may be.
* 4. An exciting journey – The author must take the reader on a journey with the hero and heroine. It’s more than the reader is just along for the story. The reader must be so enthralled that she has to keep reading to see what happens next.
* 5. A happy ending – It’s Romance, so a happy ending is a must-have. The characters must overcome their internal struggles as well as their external ones. It’s a lot to ask for a hot hero to overcome the demons from his childhood and/or his undercover work, while at the same time escaping sure death and falling in love with the heroine, but it has to be done.
A look into the story
* Camden Piotrowski is justifiably upset to find her boyfriend in the arms of another woman. But it’s not the end of her world and definitely not something that a bubble bath, good wine, and cookie dough won’t help. Her pity party is interrupted when handsome Seth Vendetti bursts into her bathroom. She soon discovers that her world and those in it are not as they seem. Can she trust Seth’s version of the truth and make him realize that even he has something to lose?
* Joey’s hands move around my neck. He pulls me closer. I pull away and look to him shyly.
* “You feel it, don’t you?” he asks, a creepy smile on his face.
* I smile, as if I’m embarrassed. I know my cheeks are still flushed, mostly with worry for what I’m about to do. I nod my head towards Comb-Over and Crooked Nose, who have just taken seats at the table. “Can they go somewhere?” I ask as innocently as possible. I even bat my eyelashes a couple times just for effect. Joey smiles again, this time triumphant, a knowing smile and then snaps his fingers. The men exit my apartment without saying a word.
Buy Tamra Lassiter's books here...
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo
Find Tamra Lassiter here...
Website | Twitter | Facebook
Thank you for joining us here today, Tamra Lassiter! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! One randomly chosen commenter will win a $50 Amazon/BN.com gift card! So be sure to leave your name and email with your comment, visit the other tour stops (find them here: goddessfishpromotions-virtual-book-tour-something-to-lose) for a greater chance of winning!