* I've always had stories in my head. I found myself daydreaming and 'writing' them at odd times, usually when I was doing thoughtless work. Sometimes they were sparked by stories I read or a movie I saw. I had a different ending in mind or, more usually, I didn't want to say good-bye to the character. But I never thought to write them down. These were my thoughts.
* I was at an executive board meeting for our county women's shelter for victims of domestic violence. Denise, the board secretary whispered to me. She confessed she was going to write a novel, a romance novel. It started me thinking. Snippets of stories with dashing men and valiant women have always raced through my mind and faded. But Denise's whisper made me stop and think.
* My daydreams had plots, goals, motivations, conflict, romance, and a wide range of romantic adventurous characters. So, I started writing. How empowering to give my stories breath, watch the words fill page after page, and make the characters come to life! My characters became as dear to me as if they were real. But that's only part of my own adventure.
* For the next year, I studied, took workshops with some of the best romance writers, agents and editors in the industry, and worked hard to apply what I had learned. I've met wonderful people, published and unpublished, in the RWA chapters and writing groups to which I belong.
* Today, I work closely with my critique partners. As the only one with a publishing credit, I spearheaded the development of a project early in 2013 while at the Romantic Times convention in Kansas City. Everyone in the critique group would write a short story and they would publish it themselves. Together, we studied the art of short story writing with a writing professional, and hired developmental and copy editors. We went on to establish Timeless Scribes Publishing. In November, 2013 we published our first anthology, Timeless Keepsakes. Our business plan is to publish a summer and winter anthology every year. This year's summer anthology, Timeless Escapes, is our second anthology. We are already planning our winter stories, Timeless Treasures. Since we started this project, two of my critique partners have published their novels with Sweet Cravings Publishing and The Wild Rose Press. This project has been awesome in many ways and while I still write full length novels I foresee continuing our Timeless Tales for years to come.
* I have two things that I love most about writing. One is giving my inner voice a platform for expression. I love when my characters tell me things about themselves I didn't know or take the story where they want it to go. Sometimes I have to overrule them -- but they don't stay angry for long. I know, that sounds strange but when you're into your character's head they become as close to real people as it gets.
* The second thing I love about writing is brainstorming. Mallory, my editor, is great to brainstorm with for story and character development. We work collaboratively. It's like having a private tutor. I also bounce ideas off my critique partners. We each write in different genres and I find their insight helpful in making my stories unique.
* My short story in this anthology is based on a true happening. My brother and his wife were married for ten years and found out their marriage was never registered. While I write historical medieval adventure romances, I couldn't pass up the chance to write a story about them. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Do you have a bio you'd like to share with the readers?
* A seasoned professional with more than twenty-five years of writing experience in communications and marketing for a large financial institution, she gave way to her inner muse and began writing a series of historical fantasy romance and contemporary romance novels. Ruth is published by Carina Press and Harlequin Books.
* When not writing you can find her home in Teaneck, New Jersey, reading, cooking, doing Sudoku and counted cross-stitch. Together with her husband, Paul, they enjoy ballroom dancing and going to the theater. Ruth and Paul have three grown children and two grandchildren. They all thrive on spending time together. It’s certainly a lively dinner table and they wouldn’t change it for the world.
A look into the anthology:Timeless Escapes: A Collection of Summer Stories by Ruth A. Casie, Lita Harris, Emma Kaye, Nicole S. Patrick, Julie Rowe with an Introduction by Roxanne St. Claire
* Genre: Contemporary, Time Travel, Military, Medical Romances
* Publisher: Timeless Scribes Publishing
* Date of Publication: May 29, 2014
* ISBN: 978-0-9910520-2-8
* Number of pages: 280
* Word Count: 68,000
* Cover Artist: Julie Schroeder Designs
* Book Description: Escape to the Virgin Islands where the bonds of marriage are renewed, friends become lovers, and new love is given a chance to thrive.
* Ruth A. Casie ~ Second Chance by the Sea Married for ten years, she and her husband have grown apart. When they go back to the Virgin Islands for a family funeral, they find their marriage was never registered. Will an impending disaster be the final straw that breaks them up or will it rekindle their love and send them back to the altar for a second chance?
* Lita Harris ~ Chasing Fireflies Soured on love by a recent breakup, a travel agent with a fear of flying and open water takes a trip to the U.S Virgin Islands. She meets a boat captain who challenges her fears. Will she survive her breakup and find happiness in the arms of another man?
* Emma Kaye ~ In Her Dreams When an author escapes to the Virgin Islands to work on her latest book, she’s swept back in time to Regency England and must decide whether the love she finds with an English lord is real or only in her dreams.
* Nicole S. Patrick ~ Poseidon’s Strength A beloved hero’s death leads his sister and his best friend, who have never seen eye-to-eye, to discover that helping family can be their happy medium, and possibly lead them to uncover a love that's meant to be.
* Julie Rowe ~ A Pirate’s Vacation A doctor grieving the death of her husband, buys a B&B in the Virgin Islands in need of a lot of fixing. Her old flame arrives to help with repairs, but will she let him heal her shattered heart?
* Alan and Eloise Stuart are a power couple. Alan’s company, Stuart Associates, is on the brink of releasing new software that will make his company the pre-eminent financial software provider.
* Eloise has worked hard for the North Star Project, the not-for-profit agency against human trafficking. She’s their executive director and is responsible for the agency’s outstanding growth in both public recognition and financial contributions.
* Over the course of their ten year marriage, Alan and Eloise, focused on their careers, have put off having a family and have grown a part.
* Life takes a drastic turn when Eloise finds out she’s pregnant. She’s certain a baby is not in Alan’s plans but for her it is a happy surprise. They travel to the Virgin Islands Aunt Lil’s funeral. Aunt Lil’s home was the venue of their destination wedding. While going through Aunt Lil’s papers they find that their marriage was never registered. Will an impending natural disaster be the final straw that breaks them up or will it rekindle their love and send them back to the altar for a second chance?
* She glanced at his eyes. The ones that made every woman who met him melt. “I was thinking about the day we met.”
* He put his arm around her and drew her close. “Ah, you mean the day I gallantly saved your life.”
* She laughed and snuggled closer. “You did not. I was tired that’s all.”
* “Please, let me think you needed me. There are so few instances.” He kissed her forehead and went over to the captain to help with their luggage.
* The smile slid off her face. For a moment she felt… alone. Need him? If there was ever a time she needed him it was now, but they were set on a collision course and she had no idea of the outcome. She shook off the uneasy sensation and grabbed some of the small bags. Alan was on his cell phone.
Buy Timeless Escapes: A Collection of Summer Stories here...
Amazon - Kindle | Amazon - Print | B&N - Nook | Find it / Rate it - Goodreads
Find Ruth A. Casie here...
Website | Twitter | Facebook
Find Lita Harris here...
Website | Twitter | Facebook
Find Emma Kaye here...
Website | Twitter | Facebook
Find Nicole S. Patrick here...
Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Find Julie Rowe here...
Website | Facebook | Twitter
Thank you for joining us here today, Ruth A. Casie! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story & being introduced to your anthology partners.
ANNOUNCEMENT! The authors will be awarding the following prizes during the tour: First prize - $50 gift certificate plus ebook Timeless Keepsakes by Ruth A. Casie, Lita Harris, Emma Kaye, Nicole S. Patrick, Julie Rowe / Second prize - $25 gift certificate plus 3 ebooks 1) Molly Gets Her Man by Julie Rowe 2) Knight of Runes by Ruth A. Casie 3) Timeless Keepsakes by Ruth A. Casie, Lita Harris, Emma Kaye, Nicole S. Patrick, Julie Rowe / Third prize - 3 ebooks 1) Love at Christmas by Lita Harris 2) Time for Love by Emma Kaye 3) Timeless Keepsakes by Ruth A. Casie, Lita Harris, Emma Kaye, Nicole S. Patrick, Julie Rowe! Please use the Rafflecopter below to enter for the prizes. Also be sure to leave your name and email with your comment & visit the other tour stops (find them here: goddessfishpromotions-virtual-book-tour-timeless-escapes) for a greater chance of winning!
a Rafflecopter giveaway