* His love possesses her. Will it protect her too?
* Benjamin Moss has proven how much he cares about his wife, Selina. She pushed him to shred his iron control and bare his soul to her. In return he's earned her much guarded heart as well as her body.
* But her past has finally caught up with her and scores will have to be settled before they can have a happy ending. Can Benjamin's love protect her from those who seek to destroy both of them? Or will she finally lose the man who's possessed her body as well as her heart? * "I know Selina can be stubborn," Chris said after moments of silence while the men drank. "But is she refusing to take the bracelet back?"
* "No. She wants it. But I can't give it back to her until she knows everything about my past. I can't trust that she won't throw it at me when she finds out what my life was really like." Ben sighed, giving in briefly to the fear of what it would do to his heart if she spurned him again.
* "I don't blame you," Kenny said, sympathy lacing his words.
* "Shit," Chris muttered under his breath.
* His friends understood his predicament. They were dominant men. Although Chris wasn't in a committed relationship, he had dated Selina before Benjamin met her. Kenny on the other hand had been married once. Still, they both understood his need for Selina, his overwhelming desire to have her submission.
* She was a beam of light shining on the darkness that had lived in his soul since he was a teenager. He loved her. Wanted to possess her like no one ever did.
* As a man who made a living from protecting others, no one drew out his protective instincts like Selina did. And he would make sure she was protected no matter the cost to him. If it meant taking down Tony Kana, he would do it in a heartbeat.
* "I want to know everything Tony Kana does from now on. If he as much as sneezes, I want to hear about it." Ben tossed the rest of his drink down his throat as the need to be with his wife overwhelmed him. He stood and headed toward the door.
* "You've got it." Kenny nodded as he stood too.
* "Thank you," Ben said before punching the button to call the elevator. Chris stepped inside with him when the door opened.
* "Why are you so bent on tracking this guy?" his best friend asked. "Is there something I should know?"
* Ben had asked Kenny, who had contacts in West Africa, to help him find Tony Kana but he'd never really explained to his friends why.
* "Kana is Selina's ex-husband," he said in a matter of fact tone.
* "And?" His friend understood him too well.
* "He's the reason she has body issues."
* "Body issues?" Chris's face puckered in a frown.
* "When you dated her, did you ever get to see her full unclothed?"
* His friend's dark brows drew together. "No. She always insisted on having those corsets on. They were damn sexy so I never minded. Although once I walked into the bathroom while she was in the shower and she nearly screamed the place down because she wanted me to get out."
* Benjamin closed his eyes and sucked in a breath to stave off his rising anger. "Her abdomen is covered in scars. Someone cut her up pretty badly."
* "Kana?" Chris growled the question.
* "No." Ben opened his eyes and stared at his friend. He could see his anger reflected in his friend's eyes. "But he might as well have wielded the knife himself. He handed Selina over to the militia who wanted to use her as a sex slave. She fought back and they mutilated her for disobedience."
* "And all you want to do is watch this guy? I want to put a bullet right between his eyes."
* "Selina doesn't want any more bloodshed. I have to respect her wishes. Doesn't mean I can't take the guy down another way."
* "Right." Chris nodded. "He has to pay."
* "Oh, he's going to pay. No doubt about that."
* They entered the bar and loud music erased the need for further conversation.
Evernight Publishing | Amazon - US | Amazon -UK | All Romance eBooks | BookStrand
Thank you for checking out Kiru Taye's Passion Shields series today!
a Rafflecopter giveaway