What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* From writing ‘every girl’s dream heroes’ to ‘strong, down-to-earth heroines,’ Cait Jarrod twists ‘cliff hanging plots’ and ‘clever, unpredictable sub-plots’. She loves diving into a good book as much as she loves writing one.
* Mother of three gorgeous daughters, she’s married to her best friend, hangs out with the WWC, a great group of women, and loves a good glass of wine.
What are you going to tell us about today?
* I’m so excited to be here. Thank you for having me. I'm going to talk about my contemporary, erotic, suspense, Mystic Hearts - The Band of Friends series, Book 2, but first I'd like to ask, Do you believe in ghosts?
* In the romantic suspense Mystic Hearts, I touched on the idea that ghosts exist in Greenwood Manor in Spotsylvania, Virginia. Spotsylvania and the nearby city Fredericksburg are counties some of the Civil War battles were fought.
* A sneak peek into the sightings mentioned in Mystic Hearts:
* The Madison Hand was a fictitious scare tactic by my oldest brother. He loved to scare and tease me. The Madison Hand, as I described in the book, was taken from one of the many things he invented to torment me. I can smile now with fond memories, but then…not so much.
* As for the other item I mentioned, the white patch flowing through the sky was not another tactic constructed by my brother. Each time I saw the bizarre shape and movements, my brother wasn’t home, so I can’t blame or accuse him…
* I’m not alone. Others have witnessed peculiar sightings in Spotsylvania, Fredericksburg and the surrounding areas.
* People either believe in ghosts or they don’t. Many rationalize the strange phenomena as a freak of nature or their eyes playing tricks on them for a brief moment. Others wholeheartedly trust their sight and know what they saw.
* Whatever you believe, I hope you enjoy the websites I’ve listed below.
A look into the story
Nothing is as it seems…
* Temptation landed at Special Agent Larry Newman’s feet—literally. Charlene Smith captured his heart after he rescued her from terrorists two months ago. A failed relationship and being an abused child have turned him into a loner and workaholic. The scars weigh heavy on him and keep him from pursuing her. So what’s a guy to do when the woman he pines for passes out in front of him while working a case?
* Battling psychological wounds from abduction is easier than coming face to face with the sexy FBI agent she’s fantasized about for months. A single mother, avoiding the drama that dating would bring to her son’s life, she allows Larry close only in her dreams. Now, she's second-guessing her decision. Should she have a relationship with this man who makes her feel alive just by being close?
* The seduction warmed her already overheated body. “Are you…worthy?”
* “Your lips say so.”
* The air crackled between them.
* Her pulse raced, throwing her back onto the merry-go-round ride. This time, her vision wasn’t distorted, her heart was.
* “I’ve dreamed of doing this.”
* If she was hallucinating, she didn’t want the delirium to end.
* He leaned toward her, his mouth coming in for the capture. She couldn’t wait. Her lips parted.
* His soft lips glided over hers. The kiss so delicate, so gentle, she felt like the treasure at the end of a rainbow. A gem someone looked long and hard to find. The hallucinations had played tricks on her all night.
* Is this another trick?
* She had to touch him to find out if she lived a dream or not. She placed her hands on his hardened pecs. Every nerve ending in her palms shot a jolt of awareness between her legs. If this was an illusion, she wanted more. Lots more.
* A low growl escaped him, vibrating through her body. He nipped her bottom lip before taking the kiss deeper. His tongue tangled with hers, urging a response and threatening to pull well-hidden passion out of the secure hiding place she’d created two years ago.
Buy Mystic Hearts here...
Evernight Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | BookStrand
Find Cait Jarrod here...
Webpage | Facebook Page | Facebook Profile | Twitter | Goodreads | Google+ | Pinterest | eMail | Sign up for her quarterly newsletters or when a new release comes out HERE
Thank you for joining us here today, Cait Jarrod! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.