What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Vicki writes erotic and fantasy romance. She loves taking her characters into an alternate world where strange and sexy things happen. She lives with her patient husband and three noisy kids in South Africa. In between being a busy stay-at-home Mom who hates housework and spends half her life cooking everything from scratch, she runs several blogs, writes under another name, and buries herself in the delightful world of her characters.
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* I love romance in any form. Besides being a busy stay-at-home mom and blogger, I write under several romance genres and another name. Today I'm sharing my fantasy story, The Love Commission. The Love Commission is part 1 of the savannah sprites series about fairies in Africa. So, readers should go ahead and read this book first. I’ve started the next one but so many things have come in the way of writing it. I can’t wait to finish the story.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* I’ve desired to write a fairy romance for so long. The book took shape when I chose to explore a fairy and a human falling in love. I suppose that’s two people coming from such different worlds – almost like a multi-cultural romance.
Describe the hero in five words.
* Evan is a very logical, scientific person. He’s also cautious and has never opened his heart because of suffering a terrible loss as a child. When Gelsey comes along with her magic, he’s totally thrown off course.
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Gelsey is a fairy. They’re flighty, gregarious, frivolous, yet devoted to their duty and committed to the earth. Gelsey changes after she meets Evan. You will have to read the book to find out how.
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* I like the hero. I’ve always loved wounded heroes. Evan is an ordinary man who experiences an extra-ordinary love. I think he’d make the perfect husband.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* Whew, that was a hard one. It's...
* The strongest magic in their world seemed to be the love between a man and woman. To think, she’d always believed humans were uncaring creatures.
A look into the story
* After a short time in her new life, Gelsey is swept into the world of Evan’s love. Now, she must make an impossible choice—give up her life with the man who owns her heart or lose her fairyhood forever.
* “Um, tell me about love,” she said once they were seated opposite each other at the fish restaurant. She could somehow stomach eating seafood but, being an earth fairy, couldn’t bear to eat the animals she’d spent so many years helping out. According to Ziana, she would be human and forget most of her life as a fairy. The thought of losing all touch with her past had prompted a deep fear in her, and she’d determined never to forget. Thankfully, somehow, she could remember almost everything.
* She’d skipped lunch, and the smell of seafood cramped her already empty stomach. Evan had sent her whole day in a crazy direction. She’d been quite happy to spend the rest of her year working in the florist, making pretty arrangements, meeting people, and asking them questions. She wasn’t ready for this marriage thing and had no idea what it entailed.
* Evan stared at her. “Love?”
* “Yes, tell me how it felt when you fell in love. It seems it happens more than once in a man’s life.”
* His eyes twinkled. “This is my first time.”
* He looked right into her, his gaze giving off some magic as though he’d been the one to sprinkle fairy dust. He’d almost bewitched her. If she hadn’t been a fairy, she would be falling into this love thing right this second.
* “Why do you ask?”
* She shrugged. “I didn’t expect you to answer in such a way.”
* “You cut to the chase, don’t you?”
* “I beg your pardon?”
* “You’re a very innocent person. It’s as if you’ve been sheltered from so much.”
* “I’ve lived for the earth and the environment. Love hasn’t featured in my life.”
* He took hold of her hand and squeezed it. “I’d like to show you what it’s like.”
Buy The Love Commission here...
Decadent Publishing | Amazon - US | All Romance eBooks | B&N | iTunes | Kobo | Smashwords | BookStrand
Find Vicki Ballante here...
Blog | Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter
Thank you for joining us here today, Vicki Ballante! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
* I’m giving away a $5 Amazon Gift card and 2 x At Second Glance (my other novel) Kindle Ebooks.
a Rafflecopter giveaway