What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I hail from the frozen tundra of Wisconsin where beer and cheese are their own food groups. But a cowboy swept me off my feet and carried me away below the Mason-Dixon line, where I promptly lost all tolerance for snow and cold. We decided we’d make beautiful babies together, and we got it right on the first try. Now I live happily ever after in the real world, and my make believe ones, where I hope to create book boyfriends for the masses to crave.
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* I'm excited to talk about my debut novella, UNBEARABLE. It's part of a series called The SnowRose Series. The next book in the series will be available in March, entitled BAD APPLE.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* A friend of mine encouraged me to try writing a story for Evernight Publishing's Naughty Fairytale line. And so I looked for a lesser known fairytale, something outside the typical Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. I came upon Snow White and Rose Red and used that as the basis for my retelling. UNBEARABLE is Rose Red's story, BAD APPLE will be Snow White's. While the real fairytale in Snow White and Rose Red isn't the same Snow White as the more widely known version, I did implement some elements of the more classic Snow White into the story.
Describe the hero in five words.
* Animalistic, Raw, Soulful, Protective, Sexy
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Provocative, Strong-willed, Shrewd, Independent, Feisty
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* That's tough. I equally like Marcus and Rose. But I think I'll choose Rose Red. Because she's kind of a badass. She's not your typical fairytale damsel. She takes matters into her own hands to protect the ones she loves.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* She finds my soul buried deep in our kiss, and frees it with each sweep of her tongue. I knew a kiss of her lips would unravel me. I am hers, forever.
A look into the story
* Marcus is a beast of a man. He is a bear by day, man by night, thanks to a curse from the evil Hestor. But when he rescues Rose from an icy grave, he unleashes the real animal. Falling for her is dangerous enough, as he must protect the secret of his curse. But she may just be the key to getting his kingdom back as she breaks one spell and puts him under another.
* “Perhaps I came upon you once or twice before.” I give an aloof shrug.
* Fury blazes in her dark green eyes and it lights my cock on fire even more. Damn, she's gorgeous when she's feisty. It takes everything in me not to devour her plump lips with my own.
* “How much do you know?” She leans in, forgetting she's naked as her protective covering falls away from her breasts.
* They stare up at me from the corner of my eye, but I'm careful not to look at them for fear she'll cover them back up. Stunning pink nipples harden at the chill in the room. My fingers ache to rub them.
* “How much should I know. I've never met you before, Rose. You've come into my woods for the past month, and each time a man is with you. But you always leave alone. And I'm left to dispose of bloodied bodies before morning. So, do I need to worry that you'll add me to your collection?” Jutting my hands to the blanket on either side of her body, I press in closer to her on the bed, hovering just above her lips.
* Quick breaths puff from her lips as she processes my words. Her eyes stay glued to mine in a glorious rage, and it stirs me inside to think of burying myself in that fury between her legs.
* “Not unless you're in league with Hestor. If you are, I suggest you run.” Her body inches closer to mine, the blankets falling even further down her body. The delicate soft skin of her stomach catches my eyes and I'm unable to look away.
* “Hestor?” I repeat, as it's the only word that sticks in my ears under the distraction of her curves.
* “Are you not familiar with the dwarf sorcerer?” she asks.
* “Oh. On the contrary, I'm quite familiar with Hestor. The question is, why do you seek him out?” My gaze turns back to her.
* “Like what you see?” She tilts her head and swipes her lips with her tongue. “It's yours if you lead me to him.”
* I shake my head. “You truly must think me a fool if you proposition me so, dear Rose. I know that's what you offer the targets in your game. You tease them with the reward of your body, yet you get them alone in the woods and take their lives. You cannot seduce me in this way.”
* “Am I repulsive to you?” her voice notches up an octave.
* “You, Rose Red are the most beautiful woman I've ever had the pleasure to lay my eyes upon. But I think you should know our interest in Hestor may be of a similar nature and perhaps we could strike a deal.” I ease off her and fold my arms.
* “What do you want with him? His magicks are dark and bring only evil.” Her blazing eyes darken, studying me with intent.
* I lean in, pressing my chest against hers as I hover above her face. “I have my reasons, as I know you do yours. They are not of your concern. What we both agree on is that he must be eliminated. No?”
* “Your towel seems to have come lose,” she whispers.
* My brow quirks. “How would you know?” I think she's trying to distract me, but I won't fall for her games. “Your eyes haven't left mine.”
* “Because I'm the one who loosened it.” Her warm hand wraps around my cock, forcing a gasp from my lungs. My head yells at me to jump back, but the sensation of her fingers gripping tight to my flesh wipe all logical thought from my mind. I make the mistake of glancing down, aching to watch her hand stroke my length. It's the last thing I see before she knocks me cold.
Buy Unbearable here...
Evernight Publishing | All Romance eBooks | Amazon | BookStrand | Smashwords
Find Wren Michaels here...
Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter | Website | Tsu
Thank you for joining us here today, Wren Michaels! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.