A look into the anthologyAuthors and titles...
* "Mafia capo, Antonio Spinelli blew through my orderly life like a cyclone. Gorgeous and passionate, with a breathtaking brutality, he put me under his spell the moment he touched me, drawing me into his underworld of risk, violence and betrayal." - Must Read Books or Die, on Spin by CD Reiss
* "If you're a fan of dark romance, Deliver is definitely a book you should add to your list!! It's dangerous, suspenseful, erotic, and at it's heart, it's a love story." - Aestas Book Blog, on Deliver by Pam Godwin
* "Good gracious! Skye Warren is a true mistress of dark and twisted love stories. TRUST IN ME affirms Ms. Warren's talent for creating broken characters in dire situations, but leaving readers with hope at the end." - The Forbidden Bookshelf, on Trust in Me by Skye Warren
* "A darkly deviant retelling of Beauty and the Beast with all the Disney stripped away and the gothic fairy-tale exposed...Pepper Winters makes some brave plot decisions and I'm so glad she did even though she made me ugly cry." - Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
* Hailey forced herself to stand still for his leisurely perusal. Even when he stood and stalked toward her, she managed to hold on to her dignity—whatever dregs she had left after donning these clothes and almost falling on her face. But his smile hit her like a blast of heat, blinding her, scalding her. He looked far too pleased with himself, like a man about to get everything he wanted. And her shaky insides warned she might just give it to him.
* “What do you mean?” she asked, proud her voice didn’t quaver too much.
* “You want to stay here while we’re in Chicago,” he said. “To stay here for three days, to blend in so that no one questions why you’re here. To ask questions, poke around.”
* Yes, that was exactly what she wanted. So why did her nod feel like surrender? As if she’d agreed to his terms before she even knew them. But then maybe she did know what his terms would be. His eyes spoke the words his lips had yet to say. There were volumes of gold-flecked pages filled with all that sensual knowledge. They promised delight and, even better, a hard bite to the exchange. Where the men she had been with were a fresh spring breeze, he stood before her like the calm before the storm, his eyes darkening clouds.
* “Can you…” She licked her lips. His gaze tracked the movement, making her feel hunted. “Can you help me?”
* His expression softened. Just the slightest degree, but it was enough to slow the hammering of her heart. This was the same kind man she’d met in the lobby. Desire had given him a rough edge, turning his loping gait into a prowl, making his nostrils flare—scenting her. But he was still kind inside.
* When he didn’t answer, she searched for whatever strength she might have found. You want… he’d said, listing her terms. Only his terms were left to be stated. A negotiation, then. But even as she thought the words, an image flashed through her mind, a gazelle caught from behind, the vicious beauty of her captor feasting in a National Geographic special.
* “What do you want?” she whispered, and somehow the wall was at her back. He was at her front…crowding her…embracing her?
* “You,” he snarled. “Under me. Over me. On your knees in front of me. I get full artistic license to your body for three days.”
* His words pounded her like hail, leaving dents and then pooling in the hollows left behind. They drowned out the rest of the world and shook the floor. She began to shake too—but her gaze remained locked with his. The shaking was on the inside, fear and a strange longing warring inside her, a battle to the death. She stood frozen, caught in his sights and too terrified to run. Too curious to walk away.
* He stepped back, sending a wash of crisp hotel air over her body. She sucked in a breath and immediately missed the earthy scent of him.
* “And you,” he continued conversationally, “will have total access to play Nancy Drew in the hotel. That is, whenever I’m not using you.”
* Her body lit up when he said the word using. It imploded on you, spoken with such self-assured possession. What was wrong with her that she wanted to be used? Maybe because she wanted to be free to enjoy sex, to really explore it, for the first time in her tame little life. Maybe because he would be the one using her, and he seemed like he would know just what to do with her.
* This was a bad idea. For reasons that weren’t quite coming to her at the moment. But she knew it was bad. If she’d said it once, she’d said it a thousand times to her preschoolers: don’t make decisions when you’re angry. Though she wasn’t angry. She was concerned. And frustrated. And…
* God, Chloe, why? After I worked so freaking hard so you could start college, why couldn’t you be more careful?
* Okay, she might be angry.
* She swallowed. So maybe this weekend could be for her too. She would find the baby’s father, but she’d also find something for herself.
* With a deep breath, she struggled for levity. A lopsided tilt of her lips was all she could manage. “Where do I sign?” she joked.
* His grin widened, revealing an even row of white teeth. The Cheshire cat had just such a smile. “I’m so glad you asked. I have blank copies of my contract in the side table. Right next to the lube.”
Buy Take Me: Twelve Tales of Dark Desire here...
Find the authors here...
Pepper Winters: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter
Skye Warren: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter
Kendall Ryan: Website | Facebook | Twitter
Pam Godwin: Website | Facebook | Twitter
Gemma James: Website | Facebook | Twitter
Amber Lin: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter
Shari Slade: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter
Jenika Snow: Website | Facebook | Twitter
Shay Savage: Website | Facebook | Twitter
Anna Zaires: Website | Facebook | Twitter
Dima Zales: Website | Facebook | Twitter
Lynda Chance: Website | Facebook
CD Reiss: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter
Thank you for joining us here today, everyone! It was a pleasure getting to know you all and your stories.
ANNOUNCEMENT! They're giving away a $25 Amazon/BN GC! So be sure to use the Rafflecopter below to enter. Also, visit the other tour stops (find them here: goddessfishpromotions-book-blast-take-me-twelve-tales) for a greater chance of winning!
a Rafflecopter giveaway