What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I’m Michele Zurlo, author of over 20 romance novels. During the day, I teach English, and in the evenings, romantic tales flow from my fingertips.
* I’m not half as interesting as my characters. My childhood dreams tended to stretch no further than the next book in my to-be-read pile, and I aspired to be a librarian so I could read all day. I’m pretty impulsive when it comes to big decisions, especially when it’s something I’ve never done before. Writing is just one in a long line of impulsive decisions that turned out to showcase my great instincts. Find out more at www.michelezurloauthor.com or @MZurloAuthor.
What are you going to tell us about today?
* I'm talking about how I became a writer and what inspired me in regard to my stories, Dragon Kisses, I'm promoting.
* I think everybody is a born storyteller, only some people learn to keep it all inside, probably for different reasons. Like most people, I started young. My cousin/BFF and I would play for hours, making up characters with amazing backstories, elaborate story-book settings (literally—we’d set up a room or a house on top of a storybook), and epic plots. Sometimes our storylines would go on for months.
* Somewhere along the line, someone killed my dreams of becoming a writer. I think this happens to a lot of kids. We dream of writing or fighting fires, and somebody we love/respect comes along and tells us we’ll shoot our eyes out. And so we move on to “safe” professions. I altered my aspirations and ended up becoming a teacher. I ended up with degrees in English and science, my two favorite subjects. About seven years ago, a student of mine won a national essay contest. As part of his prize, I/we got to meet a writer. I shared with her that I had wanted to be a writer, but that I hadn’t pursued that dream. She said, “Honey, I was over 40 when I published my first book. Never give up on a dream.”
* With that inspiring command, I sat down and wrote a fabulous book that no publisher wanted. As someone who takes directives very seriously, I wrote another book—Letting Go. That one was published (and is currently unavailable), and thus began my career as a writer.
* My love of writing and science—and science fiction—inspired the idea behind Dragon Kisses. I wanted to write a shifter romance, but I also wanted to explore the theme of intolerance. What does it take for a foreign culture to appreciate and understand immigrants who have a completely different way of life. In this case, it being sci-fi and all, the immigrant race are the humans and the dominant culture are the dragons. In Dragon Kisses 1, leaders emerge who challenge the status quo, and the dragons are forced to re-evaluate their preconceived notions about the human race. Dragon Kisses 2 expands on this new dialogue. Not all dragon clans have embraced this new, nearly equal view of humans. In Dragon Kisses 3, war breaks out, forcing dragons and humans to work together for survival. In today’s world, this theme is all too prevalent in the form of religious and cultural conflict. In my fictional world, they’re working toward survival, peace, love, and preserving family.
A look into the stories
* The Zmaj feed from the sexual energy of humans, and finding a cache of five in an abandoned barn is a momentous occasion. Convincing them to stay and protecting them from the Inamanida, their sworn enemy, is another task altogether. And falling in love? Zmaj don’t do that.
* When Cassie runs away, Illion is forced to confront his prejudices and his brethren in order to save her from a fate worse than death.
Warnings: MMMFF, MMFMMM, light bondage, dominant dragon shifters
* Tobin and Jonathan must risk everything and deal with consequences that could cost them the fragile relationships they’ve built with the women they love.
Warnings: MFMM, MF
* Meanwhile all Zmaj braces for the Inamanida attack that Tobin warned them about. When it finally comes, the Zmaj find themselves vastly outnumbered by enemy forces. In the violence that follows, everything changes.
* She broke the kiss suddenly and tightened her grip on my manhood. “You left without saying goodbye.”
* “You were asleep. I said goodbye to Stellan.” Technically, I’d sucked his cock. No words had been uttered by either of us.
* “You gave sex. This is not the same.”
* I stroked a strand of her lime green hair away from her gorgeous face, and I extended the caress down her cheek. “I missed you too.”
* Her bottom lip stuck out in a pout. “You will let me come to the bakery next time?”
* I exhaled hard, mostly because she squeezed my cock to the edge of pain. “Saskia, you can’t come there because you don’t let me work.” My Zmaj was possessive of me and my time, but we were working on that. When I was at the bakery, I’d banned them from visiting because they inevitably got in the way. Even Taja, who loved to bake, had caused me to burn items too many times. Since they also had duties and responsibilities, they’d agreed to respect and support my career choice. Wrapping my arms around her, I pulled her to my chest. “But I’m not working now, so I’m all yours.”
* Slowly her grip loosened, and she slid her hand from my pants. Her finger partially morphed into a claw, and she tugged at the fastener on my fly. My pants slid down my legs to pool at my ankles. I kicked out of them, careful not to move too much because Saskia still had a claw and she was now on her knees in front of me. Her tongue darted out to wet her upper lip. I widened my stance and leaned back against the coolness of the wall because where sex was concerned, I had no control. What my Zmaj wanted, they took—and I gladly gave.
* Lifting my cock, she dipped her head and slid her wet tongue over my sac. I sucked air and closed my eyes. Playing light flicks over my sensitive skin, she barely touched me, and I knew the teasing was in some measure a punishment for leaving without waking each aspect that morning. Part of me had done it for selfish reasons—they’d want to have sex, and I’d slept in, so I didn’t have time, and I didn’t have it in me to refuse them. My Zmaj fed from my sexual energy, and so they were the opposite of selfish when it came to sex. They often didn’t care if they climaxed at all. It was a nice bonus, but not the point. Pushing me to the edge and keeping me there—that gave them immeasurable pleasure and more energy than ten meals.
* “Saskia.” I moaned her name, a reverent caress that matched how I stroked her hair.
* She ran her fingertips up and down my thighs, sending shivers to my belly, and she sucked my sac into her mouth. Warmth closed around my cock, and I opened my eyes to see Taja on her knees next to Saskia.
* She winked at me as she drew my cock into her mouth, and then she let it go. “Welcome home, Niall. We don’t have time to tie you up right now, but you will not move.” I frequently disobeyed her orders because when I did, they only did things to me that were even more deliciously wicked. She ran her tongue along the ridge of my crown, and when she went to take me back into her mouth, I thrust, forcing my dick deeper than she’d anticipated.
* Immediately, Saskia pulled my balls down, stretching them until I cried out. It hurt and it felt so fucking good. “You moved.” Buy Dragon Kisses here...
Find DK1 buy links here | Find DK2 buy links here | Find DK3 buy links here
Find Michele Zurlo here...
Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Thank you for joining us here today, Michele Zurlo! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Michele will be awarding $10 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour! So be sure to use the Rafflecopter below to enter. Also, visit the other tour stops (find them here: goddessfishpromotions-dragon-kisses) for a greater chance of winning!
a Rafflecopter giveaway