What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Doris is a writer of sensual, sassy, and sexy tales involving alpha heroes to die for, and heroines who give as good as they get. From contemporary to paranormal, Sci-fi, BDSM, F/F, M/M, and Ménage, haunting love stories are guaranteed.
* Happily married for the last twenty-five years, she lives with her husband and their brood of nine in a far too small house filled with love, laughter, and chaos.
What are you going to tell us about today?
* Thanks so much for having me on your blog today with my new release, Panther Magic, book five of The Projects series. :)
* You know that old saying… A picture speaks a thousand words. Never is that truer than when your muse is a very visual creature like mine is. Hot men get her going every time, and this story is no exception. I had no intention of writing this story in fact, until, my search for a Mancandy birthday pic for a friend let me to these two hunks.
* Incidentally, if anyone knows who these two are, please let me know in the comments :)
* Where was I? Oh yes… My friend loved the pic, and some light hearted banter occurred. Was she going to have one or two…. Separately or at the same time…
* Her husband chirped up saying it sounded like one of my books, and just like that Zeb and Aran Harris jumped into my head, and wouldn’t leave me alone until I told their story.
* And, trust me, having not one but two Alpha, Panther Shifter, Doms in my head, I did as I was told—fast!
* I’ve learned long ago, never to argue with my characters, especially the Doms. No, sirreee, this little subbie does as she’s told in those circumstances.
* You can’t say the same about the heroine of this story, Kate. Experienced submissive she might be, but as those in the lifestyle will know, that certainly doesn’t equal doormat, and Kate is one feisty human.
* Kate does not believe in magic, and using animals in their act is just cruel, and she’s not afraid to put that point across. In the end—of course—resistance is futile.
* She can’t resist the combined dominance of Arran and Zeb, and when they do get together they ignite the pages.
* Prepare to laugh, cry, and fear for them all, when that dreaded council gets involved…
* Kate doesn’t believe in it, let alone the panther sort Arran and Zeb Harris are famous for. Using animals in their act is just downright cruel. If only she could convince her libido of that. Instead she seems to have fallen head over heels in lust with those sex-on-legs twin brothers. Getting laid will cure this, surely?
* When panther shifters Arran and Zeb scent their mate, they know they’ll have a fight on their hands. The delectable human morsel might be submissive, but Kate has spirit, never mind the small matter she has no idea shifters exist.
* They want her submission freely given and not forced upon her by the mysterious mating bond. However, when their panthers kill while rescuing Kate, that bond might well be the only thing to keep them alive.
* It’s up to Kate to save her Sirs.
* She once heard it said that a true Dom didn’t need to raise his voice, and she’d never truly understood that until this moment, and they weren’t even in a scene. Lord help her if they ever were.
* “So, tell me, sweet thing, how can you form an opinion on how we treat the animals we use if you’ve never seen us in action?”
* Kate wanted the ground to swallow her up whole. He had a point there, she guessed, but, bugger it all to hell and back if she was going to admit that.
* She settled for shrugging her shoulders, and jumped when Zeb grasped her chin and thus gave her no choice but to look up at him.
* “Give us the courtesy of looking at us when you condemn us without knowing all the facts, girl. Shrugging your shoulders like that is downright rude, and I think you know what happens to rude girls. If you think yourself safe from recriminations, because we’re in a public space, then think again. I have no compunction of putting you over my knee right now.”
* Natasha’s loud gasp broke the tense moment, and Zeb smiled and released her as abruptly as he had grasped her.
* “Sorry, Sir.” Kate had to murmur that quiet apology, when the loss of his touch on her skin left her curiously at sea. Approval flashed across his far too handsome features, and Kate got the oddest sensation when she stared into his eyes. They seemed to briefly flash to a soft, glowing yellow, before she blinked, and she looked back into their more usual warm chestnut.
* “However, Sir,” she said and Zeb frowned and Arran gave a short laugh, and shook his head in what seemed to be wry amusement. “You are not my Dom. I have not agreed to a scene, and if you tried to put me over your knee in any way shape or form without my agreement, public space or not, I’d have you up for an assault charge faster than you can say poor mistreated cat.”
* There, put that in your pipe and smoke it.
* Kate crossed her arms again, in an effort to hide her trembling hands, and focused on Natasha, instead of the two overbearing hunks in front of her. Despite her insides churning like clothes on a spin cycle, her lips twitched at the open mouthed expression on her friend’s face.
* Talk about giving her a demonstration to prove the point that submissive didn’t equal doormat. They’d had that discussion only this morning on their way over to the spa. Then again, Kate was the first to admit that she was a rather bratty sub at the best of times.
* “She’s got you there, bro.” Arran’s amused voice brought Kate’s attention back to him, and she lost herself in the smile he gave her. That smile alone would guarantee that most females would drop their knickers in an instant. Not that she was most females, and besides she wasn’t wearing knickers. Bikini bottoms didn’t count, surely.
* “I fear we’ve started off on the wrong foot somewhat, and for that I apologize, Kate.” He looked across at his brother and some sort of silent communication seemed to occur between the two men, because Zeb nodded, and he, too smiled, showing a set of even white teeth that must make his dentist very proud of him.
* Kate groaned at her thought processes. This was beyond ridiculous, really. Why did these two get to her so much?
* “There is an easy way of remedying this situation, however,” Arran said. “We would very much like to invite you to come and see one of our performances, as our VIP guests. You and Natasha both.”
* He nodded at Natasha, and for the second time in the last few minutes, Kate’s friend looked as though she was going to have a heart attack.
* “Oh, my, really? We’d love to come, wouldn’t we, Kate? Oh, this is so kind of you, really. Kate will be there, won’t you?”
* It was on the tip of Kate’s tongue to deny this assumption, but the way Natasha implored her with her big feline eyes meant that she couldn’t, so instead she just gave a tight nod. Natasha’s squeal rang in her ears, and the two men’s tight shoulders relaxed. She hadn’t even noticed how tense they had become until that moment, and Kate briefly wondered why this seemed to mean so much to them, before she was pulled into a bear hug by Natasha.
* “Thank you, you’ll love it, you’ll see.” Natasha’s whisper in her ear did nothing to quell the churning in her tummy when she looked across at the two men. Cat that got the cream sprang to mind, and she forced a smile on her lips, when Natasha finally released her, and Zeb and Arran made their goodbyes.
* Heat flared up her arms when they both took one of her hands each and bending over them kissed them in an old fashioned gesture that made Kate want to swoon like a Regency heroine in the historical romance novels she liked to read.
* “Until we meet again,” Arran said.
* “I’ll look forward to your proper apology then, girl.”
* Kate tried to snatch her hand away at Zeb’s outrageous words, but he held firm until she stopped struggling. Only then did he release her hand after he turned it over and dropped a lingering kiss on the rapidly beating pulse in her wrist.
* With a smirk to send her bikini bottoms aflame he winked at her, and left her to stare after the departing forms of him and his twin.
* To celebrate the release I’m giving away a $25 Amazon GC and two e-books from my back list. Entry via Rafflecopter:
a Rafflecopter giveaway