Bend-down boutique: is a stall in the market or even on the road side where second-hand clothes are piled on the floor and customers have to bend down to pick up the items they want to buy.
Face me, I face you: these are one-room apartments built in such a way that they are only divided by a corridor. So each room door faces the other, in a parallel layout.
Ashawo: means prostitute in Yoruba language. It is also used as an insult.
Nollywood: This is a term used to describe the Nigerian Movie industry, just as Hollywood, in the US or Bollywood in India. Nollywood movies are very popular in Africa and also getting popular worldwide. Nollywood is the third largest movie industry in the world.
* When sassy heiress, Tari Essien, needs a place to escape the pressures of the hounding press, she turns to Kola Banks, a deeply scarred ex-soldier who's also the Essien chief of security. Kola can't offer Tari anything more than his protection. She's family for goodness sake, even if they share no blood ties.
* It’s a weekend of lessons for both of them. Together they can't avoid the explosive heat that sizzles between them, nor help pushing each others' boundaries physically as well as emotionally.
* But when the weekend ends and Tari's life is in danger, will Kola put his body as well as his heart in the line of fire to keep her safe?
* With slow steps, she walked toward him, keeping her voice low and packed with the need she had for him. "I dreamt about you last night. That your touch scorched my body, your tongue on my nipples. I’m dripping wet right now just thinking about it."
* He swivelled with a growl. Flinching, she took a step back at the intense expression on his face. The raw, almost feral heat in his gaze, the slight tip to one corner of his lips, baring white teeth. She trembled as she made the realisation; she was no longer the predator but now the prey.
* Just like that he'd switched on her. She'd gotten what she'd wanted.
* Her heart pounded against her chest and dampness soaked her knickers. How could his obvious anger turn her on so much?
* "You want a bit of rough? You want me to fuck you, is that it?"
* Shocked by his language, her words choked in her throat. No one had ever spoken to her in that manner. She clamped her thighs together, wanting to relief the building pressure.
* "No, you don't," he gritted out as he leaned over and tapped her thigh with his knuckles. "Keep your legs apart."
* She complied without understanding why he'd made the demand, only knowing she'd do whatever he asked, if it'd give her what she craved. Him fucking her hard and fast.
* She’d taunted him for that reason. If it would drive away the ache in her heart for a little while, then she’d take it no matter how rough it was.
* "Answer my question," he said, the calmness in his deep voice belying the passion in his dark eyes.
* "Yes," her voice was a soft husky whisper, her body trembling with her own increasing desire.
* "Say it, Tari," he commanded.
* "I want you to fuck me," she replied and relished the freedom the words gave her.
* Kiru is the award winning author of His Treasure and bestselling author of The Essien Trilogy series. She writes sensual and passionate multicultural romance stories set mostly in Africa. When she's not writing you can find her either immersed in a good book or catching up with friends and family. She currently lives in the South of England with her very own alpha husband and three children.
a Rafflecopter giveaway