What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Jessica E. Subject is the author of science fiction romance, mostly alien romances, ranging from sweet to super hot. Sometimes she dabbles in paranormal and contemporary as well, bringing to life a wide variety of characters. In her stories, you could not only meet a sexy alien or two, but also clones and androids. You may be transported to a dystopian world where rebels are fighting to live and love, or to another planet for a romantic rendezvous.
* When Jessica isn't reading, writing, or doing dreaded housework, she likes to get out and walk with her giant, hairy dog her family adopted from the local animal shelter.
* Jessica lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband and two energetic children. And she loves to hear from her readers. You can find her at jessicasubject.com and on twitter @jsubject.
Today Jessica E. Subject will be talking about the best and worst pieces of writing advice she's ever received.
* Wow, that’s a tough one. I don’t think I ever really received any bad advice, but there has been some advice along the way that I’ve found to be useless. I think it also depended upon what stage in my career I was at.
* The advice “write what you love” is great for those starting out. It helps to learn writing craft and to find ones voice. But, it may not relate to sales in the end.
* I recently received some advice that I am going to keep with me with every story I write from now on. “Write something that is marketable.” I am writing as a business, so this is something I have to take into consideration whenever I sit down to write. The idea may be something I absolutely love, but if it is not marketable, it’s not likely to sell. Which doesn’t work for me. So, I would say this is the best writing advice I’ve received. It’s a bit of a kick in the butt, but I’m already inspired for my next project.
* Running into the Castillo Hotel, away from the paparazzi constantly at his heels, Josh Summers wants to spend his next few days locked away from the flashing lights and screaming fans. When he finds an incredibly sexy woman lying on his hotel room bed in nothing but lingerie, he thinks management has made a mistake. Leaving her behind, he heads for the lobby to get the situation rectified. But an unexpected text from Madame Evangeline sends him back to his room. Though unsure whether the woman on the bed is really his perfect match or just another fan believing him to be like his character on television, he knows he must find out, even if it means he must risk telling her his own secrets. If Tamara can handle his imperfections, she just might be his ideal woman.
Get the Kindle version for only 99¢ at Amazon through October 9th! Amazon - US | Amazon - UK
To learn more about Alopecia Areata and to help find a cure, visit the National Alopecia Areata Foundation http://www.naaf.org and the Canadian Alopecia Areata Foundation http://canaaf.org/
ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to WIN a $10 Amazon.com GC & a back list audio book title from Jessica E. Subject. Contest is international except where prohibited by law. No substitutions will be made. Must be 18 or over to enter. So be sure to leave a comment AND use the Rafflecopter below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway