What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Jessica E. Subject is the author of science fiction romance, mostly alien romances, ranging from sweet to super hot. Sometimes she dabbles in paranormal and contemporary as well, bringing to life a wide variety of characters. In her stories, you could not only meet a sexy alien or two, but also clones and androids. You may be transported to a dystopian world where rebels are fighting to live and love, or to another planet for a romantic rendezvous.
* When Jessica isn't reading, writing, or doing dreaded housework, she likes to get out and walk with her giant, hairy dog her family adopted from the local animal shelter.
* Jessica lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband and two energetic children. And she loves to hear from her readers. You can find her at jessicasubject.com and on twitter @jsubject.
Today Jessica E. Subject will be talking about how she handles balancing life and writing.
* Hello! Thank you to C.R. Moss for inviting me to celebrate my new release!
* As an author, I work from home. I have an office, but it is still a part of the house I live in. That can make getting work done very tricky at times. Especially in the summer. By the time this post goes live, my kids will be back in school, but as I write this, they are still off, with one more week home with me. When they are in school, I have a set schedule, and get the majority of my work done while they are not home. At the moment though, I work and have to parent at the same time, which can be very tricky. My daughter understands, and gives me plenty of time to get my work done. She is very independent. My son, although he likes to think he’s independent,
wants my attention much more. He likes to talk and tell stories then quizzes me. LOL So, how do I balance it all? I don’t at the moment. I simply do the best I can. Come September 8th, I will stick to my schedule, and try to get as much done during the day as I can.
* On top of my family and my writing, I also find time to go to a fitness class a couple times a week. I used to say that I could do it at home, but I found that I never did. I always had something else to do. By going out of the house, and having the same schedule every week, I stick to it. Plus, I’m paying for it, so I don’t want to miss class. I also enjoy going to class for the social aspect.
* “An alien.” There, I’d said it, and I expected him to laugh in my face and deny it.
* Instead, he placed his hands behind his back and stepped nearer. “And what if I am?”
* My breath caught. “I….” I should have kept my mouth shut. No, I should have waited for Barron to text a reply, never come over to the neighbor’s house. Now, I was stuck in a basement hangar with a flying saucer and a guy who could be from another planet.
* Laken inched closer, and closer still. I moved along with him until my back hit a wall on the other side of the room. Trapped. Trying to duck away wouldn’t do me any good. He’d only race around and block my way again. My heart beat so hard, I expected it to thump right out of my chest. Would he let me go, or did he have other plans? If I screamed loud enough, would someone come to my rescue?
* Leaning forward, he placed his palm on the wall behind me. “What if I told you I knew the instant you came into this room?” He ran his other hand along my cheekbone, tucking my hair behind an ear. “What if I told you I could feel your attraction, smell your sex?”
* A shiver raced down my spine. Sure, I wanted to jump his bones before I’d seen his eyes. Now, I yearned for a way out, a clear path to escape from Mr. Sex-on-a-stick who may or may not be an extraterrestrial.
* He dipped his head so close to mine, his warm breath brushed my neck. A flash of heat washed over me. Fuck, it had been so long since I’d been with any guy. Did it really matter where he came from?
* “What if, Erika? If I am an alien? Would you still find me attractive? Would you still want to lick me from head to toe? Suck my cock? Would you want me to fuck you against this wall, in my spaceship, and on every single surface of this room?”
ANNOUNCEMENT! Enter to WIN a $10 Amazon.com or AllRomanceeBooks.com GC from Jessica E. Subject. Contest is international except where prohibited by law. No substitutions will be made. Must be 18 or over to enter. So be sure to leave a comment AND use the Rafflecopter below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway