What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* She writes sweet (and sometimes even funny) romances for Samhain Publishing, Amazon/Montlake Romance, and now Entangled Publishing.
* Lately she's been on a serious exercise kick. But don't hold that against her.
* Feel free to follow her on Twitter or become a friend on Facebook.
do the next best thing...
* Hire one.
* Trent Montgomery isn't actually part of Match Made Easy. He's just doing a favor for his cousin, but one look at the blonde who hired him, and he's totally hooked. Now Maddie thinks that the attraction sizzling between them is just “part of the package.” And Trent is running out of time to prove to her that her date-for-hire might just be her happily-ever-after...
* "Helping you."
* "You mean helping yourself," she spat.
* "No, I mean helping you. Maddie, listen. You don't seem like the kind of woman who would call Match Made Easy on some whim. There must have been a pretty darn good reason. Or maybe even more than one. Start being honest with yourself, and don't let your pride about what happened in our past get in the way. I can help you with whatever that reason is in the present. If you let me."
* Maddie looked down at her hands, wrung together in one giant knot of tension. He was right. This woman didn't just want simple company at this wedding. There was definitely more to it. But he had to remind himself that whatever the reason was, it wasn't his concern.
* After several long moments, she finally conceded. "Okay," she breathed. "Fine. I really don't have a choice at this point. You're hired."
* Yes! He couldn't wait to tell his cousin. Luckily for his self-respect, he had seen the end zone before and was able to school his expression into a perfect mask of impassiveness.
* "Great," he said. "Let's go talk to Kennedy then." He started in that direction but after several steps, realized Maddie wasn't following.
* When he glanced back, he saw Maddie no longer wore the troubled expression of a defeated woman desperate for a date. Instead, she'd taken on a warrior stance with those glossed lips of hers settled into a fine tight line. "Look, hot shot, Sabrina may think that we're a couple, but my family can spot bad acting faster than Roger Ebert at a B-movie festival, so you better be convincing."
* He advanced another step and had the satisfaction of seeing her lose a little of that tough-act bravado. "I can be very convincing," he assured her in a voice several octaves deeper than he intended.
* "Well…all right then." She bit her lip. "I'm paying a lot for you so I don't want there to be any mistakes."
* Trent managed to drag his eyes away from that shiny mouth of hers and grinned. "Don't worry, sweetheart. I guarantee I'll be worth every penny."
ANNOUNCEMENT! Jennifer Shirk will be awarding a $25 Amazon/BN GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour! So be sure to leave a comment AND use the Rafflecopter below. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!
a Rafflecopter giveaway