What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Author GM Scherbert was born on a brisk late April morning. She grew up in a small town in the Midwest but, quickly decided that was not the life for her. She quickly moved away for college and thought better of returning to that small town on a long term basis. City living is the life for her.
* Her day job working with people on the Autism spectrum keeps her on the go most of the time. That is when her two small daughters and husband are not pulling her in different direction.
* Author GM Scherbert is the kind of gal who is quirky, unique, smutty, hard to hate, harder to love. She has taken her love for telling stories to the next level by putting her hat in the romance writing game. If you are interested in romance with twists and some darker themes Author GM Scherbert will be right up your alley.
Today GM Scherbert will be talking about what sparked the idea for the story/series.
* Writing is something that comes to me with a little help from my friends--- you know whiskey and wine ;)
* I think that the series (3 books) was plotted out in a few days, the main plot points for each book, well in my head at least. Actually getting it down onto the computer and having time to write is something that can be more difficult. For this first book i started off trying to do it during the day while my kids were up and that was quickly put to a stop. Trying to get any flow going was very difficult and i was constantly having to go back and reread and rewrite. So, then the writing started to happen only after the kids were in bed which was a lot more peaceful and easy to do. Curled up in a big red lazy boy with my IPAD music app blasting in my headphones to block out the outside world.
* When it came down to deadlines i did the usually writer thing and headed to my local coffee house, loaded up on caffeine, and would spend 6-8 hours a day there working through the book. Thankfully it was summer and i had vacation from teaching, as well as my husband who got to spend some quality time with the kids on those days ;)
* My husband committed suicide two years ago. Leaving me with two small kids I thought my life couldn't get worse. Then, I meet Tank, I fought the attraction that I felt for him. Giving into it might be the best thing that has ever happened to me. As it turned out I was wrong, our worlds do not play well together.
* The first night I saw Pearl, I knew I wanted her. What I was not ready for, was her fighting against this attraction we have. I want her, I don't care that she has kids, or that she doesn't know shit about the type of life I have. She thinks that the fact that she's ten years older than me is an issue... it’s not. But the biggest thing she's mistaken on is the fact that she thinks this thing between us is just a casual thing. She will be mine and there is almost nothing that could happen to come between us.
* Or is there?
This is part one in the Devil’s Iron MC series.
WARNING: contains explicit situations and graphic violence