What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Stephen Leather is one of the UK's most successful thriller writers, an eBook and Sunday Times bestseller and author of the critically acclaimed Dan "Spider' Shepherd series and the Jack Nightingale supernatural detective novels.
* Before becoming a novelist he was a journalist for more than ten years on newspapers such as The Times, the Daily Mirror, the Glasgow Herald, the Daily Mail and the South China Morning Post in Hong Kong. He is one of the country's most successful eBook authors and his eBooks have topped the Amazon Kindle charts in the UK and the US. In 2011 alone he sold more than 500,000 eBooks and was voted by The Bookseller magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the UK publishing world.
* Born in Manchester, he began writing full time in 1992. His bestsellers have been translated into fifteen languages. He has also written for television shows such as London's Burning, The Knock and the BBC's Murder in Mind series and two of his books, The Stretch and The Bombmaker, were filmed for TV.
Today Stephen Leather will be talking about what sparked the idea for the story/series.
* When I was a kid I used to love the supernatural books of Dennis Wheatley - books like The Devil Rides Out and To The Devil A Daughter. And I loved scary movies like The Exorcist and The Omen. Thrillers were always my genre but at the back of my mind I always wanted to write a book with a supernatural theme. That opportunity came about eight years ago when my publisher agreed to have a go at publishing two books of mine a year. They were already publishing my Spider Shepherd series, about a former Special Forces soldier who becomes an undercover cop, and they agreed to a second series, featuring supernatural detective Jack Nightingale. I’ve always loved the idea of doing a deal with a devil and that’s what happens to Jack in the first book, Nightfall. He discovers that on the day he was born his father - a renowned Satanist - sold Jack’s soul to a devil. And on his thirty-third birthday the devil is coming to claim the prize. To survive, Nightingale has to do another deal, to save his life and save his soul.
* Hodder stopped publishing the Nightingale series after five books - Nightfall, Midnight, Nightmare, Nightshade and Lastnight - but I didn’t want the character to die so I have continued by self-publshing. I am one of Amazon’s Top 10 UK self-puboishers of all time so I was happy to do it! I have self-published San Francisco Night and New York Night and am planning Miami Night as we speak! The idea is to take Nightingale from city to city across the United States, fighting supernatural forces as he safeguards his own soul!
* She took the photograph over to the dining table and stood it in the middle. She sat down, drank some wine and then picked up one of the two pencils there. She drew a cross on the page, dividing it into quarters. She wrote YES in the top right and bottom left quarters, then wrote NO in the top left and bottom right. She took another drink of wine, then smiled lop- sidedly at the photograph. ‘I know, I know, it’s stupid and my soul will burn in Hell, but I have to try, don’t I?’
ANNOUNCEMENT! Stephen Leather will be awarding a $50 Amazon/BN GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour! So be sure to leave a comment AND use the Rafflecopter below. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!
a Rafflecopter giveaway