What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I am a CPA, CGA and live in Southern Ontario. After working for many years in the high pressure worlds of banking and IT, I decided that it was time to have a change in pace. Leaving Toronto behind I embarked on a new career in retail sales. The change was wonderful, but I felt something was missing.
* Then, the unthinkable happened, and I was widowed at 46. That was a truly life altering experience. In time, I was introduced to the books and work of Dr. Brian Weiss. I discovered in his research a new purpose in life, and was driven to start writing, something I had always enjoyed, but never thought of as a career choice.
* And now here we are in 2015, and my first novel is ready to be published. My second, also in the Past Lives series, will follow shortly. I continue to write and dream of a future that I had never even considered in my wildest dreams.
Today A.C. Chenier will be talking about the best and worst pieces of writing she's received.
* Best advice – hire an independent, professional editor. You become so blind to your own writing by the time you’ve finished, you can’t possibly see the missed words. My biggest challenge is repeating words, and that second set of eyes is crucial to pick that up.
* Worst advice – you have to outline your books. I can’t work that way. Every time I try to outline I engage the left brain and my logical side. I just can’t be creative and write stories when I start from logic. As a side, I’m finding it incredibly hard to work on my new book while I’m engaged in the business aspects of marketing for the first 2 books. It’s just not how I’m wired to be able to flip between my logical business side, and my creative juices.
ANNOUNCEMENT! A.C. Chenier will be awarding a $15 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour! So be sure to leave a comment AND use the Rafflecopter below. Also, visit the other tour stops for a greater chance of winning!
a Rafflecopter giveaway