What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Stephanie Haefner is a wife, mother of two, and contemporary romance novelist from Buffalo, NY. A member of Romance Writers of America and the Western New York Romance Writers subchapter, she loves creating sassy heroines and tossing them into sexy circumstances. When not writing, she celebrates her sassiness with dance and zumba classes, and her nerdiness with boybands and Disney World.
Today Stephanie Haefner will be talking about what sparked the idea for the series.
* Writer’s minds seem to work in different ways than the rest of the population’s. I know mine does. It takes a simple situation and asks, “What if THIS happened?” All kinds of things can spark a story idea- a billboard, a person I walk past at the mall, a TV commercial, a magazine article. And yes…my brain goes really wacky places sometimes. I fully admit to that. I can’t help it!
* I’ve always been a huge fan of romantic comedies, whether they be books or movies, so when I started writing, naturally that’s where my stories went. Romance was a must. There had to be a love story present. And it had to be funny. I like to laugh and make other people laugh, too. Life is too short and there are far too many serious moments. I like a story that gives me an escape and puts a smile on my face.
* The idea—the spark—for my Classy ‘n’ Sassy series came from me sitting here wondering “What if?” What if someone decided to go into the sex toy business and wanted something really different? What if they wanted to mold a real live penis for their product? They’d have to test it out before they molded it, right?? They’d have to make sure it worked properly and gave a sufficient performance. It all sounded hilarious to me, and it turned into this huge promotional campaign in the book and the term “Spokespenis” was born.
* I told you my brain goes wacky places…
* The Classy ‘n’ Sassy series is set in a lingerie shop, named Classy ‘n’ Sassy Lingerie, and they’re not doing so well financially. The owners need a big idea—big being the operative word—in order to save it. Getting into the sex toy business is a huge risk, but without great risk, there’s no great reward, right?
* I knew the premise was crazy right from the get go. But kind of brilliant, too. I just needed to find a few more people whose brains thought like mine and also thought it was brilliant. Luckily, I did! My agent adored the book. (It’s the book that finally got me an agent!) And she found an editor who also loved the idea. (My first book that snagged the attention of a Big 5 NY publisher!)
* So now I write down every idea, no matter how crazy or wacky it seems at the time. You just never know what it can turn into!
* With their business in trouble, Mia and Bryn must pull out all the stops to save their shop. Things get sticky when Mia, owner of Classy ‘n’ Sassy Lingerie, has to go on five blind “dates” to find the right model for the big marketing plan that will save the store. But they aren’t your ordinary blind dates. Mia has to test out the “goods” to find the perfect spokespenis—the model for Classy ‘n’ Sassy’s newest line of lifelike dildos.
* Not realizing Mia is on a mission, Oliver Christensen approaches her in a bar and Mia mistakes him for model #1. Oliver decides to play along. But just how far is he willing to take this charade in order to get closer to Mia? And what happens if Mia’s Blind Date #1 turns out to be The One?
* Bryn, co-owner of Classy ‘n’ Sassy Lingerie shop with her best friend Mia, is ready to get back out in the dating world after losing her husband to the war overseas. Diving into bad first dates, online set-ups, and guys who just can’t get the message, Bryn can’t stop thinking about Eli, the sexy neighborhood cop who’s also a great dad. But between Bryn’s dead husband and Eli’s messy divorce, will these two have what it takes to overcome their baggage and fan the flames between them?
* On sale for 99 cents June 4th-June 30th only!
* Penny used to love working at Classy 'n' Sassy Lingerie shop as the marketing director for her best friends Bryn and Mia, but lately, hearing stories of love and passion from customers is grating on her nerves since she’s been unlucky in the love department and is still recovering from her messy divorce. Determined to get back out there and have a little fun, Penny wants to start looking for the man who will truly be the love of her life, but the hunky bouncer at her favorite bar keeps catching her eye...
* As a football coach and bouncer at the local watering hole, Thor’s always had pretty good luck with women. But he’s tired of that life, and wants to find that “something” that's been missing in all of his past relationships. And there’s no way a bar is the place to meet that special someone, right? Although lately, when Bryn and Mia and their newly-single, hot-as-sin, classy, and sassy friend Penny stop by for drinks, he’s been thinking maybe the bar is exactly the right place to be…
* Written with Stephanie Haefner’s signature sexy wit, One Size Fits All is a perfect laugh-out-loud love story.
* Preorder now! Releases July 4th.