What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Maggi Andersen fell in love with the Georgian and Regency worlds after reading the books of Georgette Heyer. Victoria Holt's Gothic Victorian novels were also great favorites.
* She has raised three children and gained a BA and an MA in Creative Writing. After husband David retired from the law, they moved to the beautiful Southern Highlands of Australia.
* Maggi's free time is spent enjoying her garden and the local wildlife, reading, movies and the theatre. She keeps fit swimming and visiting the gym.
* Maggi is a multi-published author, and writes mysteries and young adult novels as well as her Georgian, Regency and Victorian romances.
What are you going to tell us about today?
* Lady Sibella Winborne has refused several offers of marriage since she first set eyes on the handsome Earl of Strathairn. Sibella’s many siblings always rush to her aid to discourage an ardent suitor, but not this time. Her elder brother, Chaloner, Marquess of Brandreth, has approved Lord Coombe’s suit. Sibella yearns to set up her own household. She is known to be the sensible member of the family, but she doesn’t feel at all sensible about Lord Strathairn. If only she could forget that kiss.
* “I shouldn’t worry, many are losing interest,” she said crisply, rising from her chair.
* He eyed her as they entered the dance floor. “Losing hope, more like.”
* As they moved through the steps of the quadrille, he dropped quiet remarks in her ear.
* “Give up on Strathairn, Sib.”
* “I don’t believe, I—” They parted, and by the time the steps brought them back together, she’d given up protesting. Edward had inherited their mother’s astute nature.
* “It’s not that I don’t like him. I do very much. But he’s not for you.”
* “You needn’t worry. He doesn’t wish to marry.”
* Her brother raised a black eyebrow. “Oh, I believe you could sway him toward marriage, if you set your mind to it. That’s not the reason.”
* “Then what is the reason?”
* “Chaloner hears things in the House of Lords. I can’t repeat them.”
* “So he tells you but not me.”
* Edward shrugged with a smile and moved away.
* “Why does such mystery surround the Earl of Strathairn?” she hissed at him when she next got a chance.
* He shook his head. She’d learn no more.
Buy Taming a Gentleman Spy here...
Knox Robinson Publishing Ltd. | Amazon | | Barnes & Noble
Find Maggi Andersen here...
Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook
Thank you for joining us here today, Maggi Andersen! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Maggi will award a $50 Amazon GC plus an e-book copy of A Baron in Her Bed – The Spies of Mayfair, Book #1 to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour! So be sure to leave your name and email with your comment, visit the other tour stops (find them here: goddessfishpromotions-virtual-book-blast-tour) for a greater chance of winning!