What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Paige Warren spends her days weaving tales about alpha male cowboys and the women who love them. There's nothing hotter than a man in tight Wranglers and a pair of well-worn boots. You have to admit, there's something sexy about a man who knows how to use a rope!
* A cat lover, she has more than one furbaby running around, keeping her company in the wee hours of the morning as she tries to find just the right way to say "His skin gleamed, the early morning rays caressing his sun bronzed flesh, as he studied her from beneath the brim of his Stetson." Or, you know, something similar.
* When Paige isn't dolling out tons of affection on the furbabies, or slurping down a pot of coffee (Yes! A whole pot!) so she can get in her daily word count, she enjoys reading and watching movies - romances, usually.
What are you going to tell us about today?
* My Contemporary, Interracial, Western, Romance on the Go story Southern Drawl.
A look into the story
* Peaches Malone and her daughter Daisy are very important to Carson, and he’ll do anything to protect them. Including taking them home—to his home, where he can watch over them. And if Peaches feels that same spark he feels when he looks into her eyes, all the better.
* Carson had followed the rodeo for a bit, but it really wasn’t his scene. All those women, wanting to sleep with a winner… He shook his head. Nope. Not his scene at all. When he was with a woman, he didn’t want to wonder who had come before him, possibly within an hour or two. He’d had a few relationships over the years, but nothing in a while. His poor dick hadn’t had any action, other than his hand, for months now. Ever since they’d made their permanent home base in Bryson Corners, he’d been alone.
* He didn’t think it had anything to do with his mixed heritage. If his brother was any proof, women couldn’t care less that he was half-black. And if anything, Lexie seemed to love Drew even more because of it. She claimed it made him different, and sexy. Carson grimaced. Sexy was not how he wanted to picture his brother.
* Drew eased up to the table. “You supposed to be drinking while wearing that badge?”
* Carson glanced down at the badge clipped to his belt. Hell, he’d forgotten all about it. He plucked it off the belt and shoved it into his pocket. His job was still new to him, but he loved it.
* “At least I ain’t on the clock,” Carson said.
* “Chief Lumley would tear into your ass if he saw you drinking while wearing that badge,” Drew said. “You can’t afford to fuck up with this job. I know it’s something you’ve wanted for a while.”
* Carson shrugged. “I just forgot about it. I’m not used to wearing it yet. If I was still in my uniform, I mighta remembered. Got called out after hours, so I just grabbed the badge on my way out the door.”
* “You like the job so far?”
* Carson nodded. “It ain’t quite what I expected, but it’s a good job. I got to help a lady the other day when she was broken down on the side of the road. Felt good.”
* “And how are things on a more personal front?” Drew asked. “You haven’t dated anyone since we moved here.”
* “No one interesting, I guess. The women around here are a little too independent for my taste. I want a woman I can take care of. Someone who will lean on me, not boss me around and go out drinking with her friends every Friday night, ogling half the cowboys in town.”
* Drew grinned. “In other words, you don’t want Lexie’s friend, Shelly.”
* Carson snorted. “Not hardly. Guess I’m just old-fashioned. I’m not saying I don’t want her to think for herself, because I do. I just want her to need me.”
* “Lexie’s a strong woman, but she needs me, even if she won’t admit it half the time. But I get what you’re saying. You want someone quiet, someone who will come to you when they get into trouble.”
* “Yeah, I guess that’s what I want.”
* “She’s out there somewhere, Carson. You’ll find her. Probably not sitting in this bar, but you’ll find her.”
Buy Southern Drawl here...
Evernight Publishing | Kindle | Page Warren page ~Nook | All Romance eBooks | BookStrand
Find Paige Warren here...
Website | Facebook | Twitter |Blog | Amazon
Thank you for joining us here today, Paige Warren! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.