Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

06 January 2012

Welcome special guest: author Renee Silvana ( @reneesilvana #FF @evernightpub )


Today we have author Renee Silvana visiting. A New York City native, Renee currently calls the Rocky Mountains her home. When she isn't off traipsing through the woods, sleeping in a tent, clinging to a rock wall or tumbling down a hill on her mountain bike, she makes an excellent parking spot for her four-legged lapwarmers.


* So, Renee, what inspired you to become a writer?
When I was very young, I was frustrated by my inability to decipher words in books, and would often tell stories based on the pictures. (I call it my early forays into fanfiction.) As soon as I learned how to write full sentences, I was writing down those same stories.
* When did you attempt your first story? What length was it? What's become of it?
Oh gosh, which “first”? The first I can remember is a story about a girl who had a pet dinosaur. I think it’s currently in my parents’ attic. It was about 10 pages long, fully illustrated.
* How many stories did you complete before you sold your first?
WAKING THE DEAD was my first completed story, and the first that was contracted.
* What genre(s) do you write in? What drew you to write in it/them? What’s your favorite genre of all to write in?
I currently write mostly paranormal because I love world-building. I love suspending my belief. I love believing there’s more out there and exploring those possibilities.
* What are the best and worst pieces of writing advice you ever received?
The best piece of advice I’ve received is that to write you have to read. I haven’t received a bad piece of advice yet, at least not one that I can remember. (‘Cause I probably wasn’t listening anyway.)
* How do you celebrate/deal with acceptance/rejection letters?
Both are celebrated, because acceptances and rejections mean that I took a step to becoming a writer.
* In regard to the book you’re promoting, which actor and actress do you envision playing the roles of your hero and heroine? If there’s a villain or other characters who are pertinent to the story, who would play those parts?
Alas. I don’t know enough about actors to assign roles… but as far as my villain goes, I have someone in mind. I don’t want to give that one away, though!
* The book you’re promoting, is it a stand-alone story or part of a series? If it’s part of a series, please list the order the books need to be read in for maximum reading enjoyment.
It’s a stand-alone but I’ve developed a series around the concept that will be forthcoming in the following months.

*** Now for some fun info… ***
* What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
I love pumpkin pie ice cream. I love pumpkin everything, actually.
* If you could live anywhere in the universe, where would it be and why?
I would live in the Himalayas. I love the mountains, and I love Himalayan food. And yaks, I love yaks. They’re adorable.
* If you were stranded on a desert island and were only allowed to have five modern conveniences with you, what would they be?
I would want a computer with Internet access, a coffee grinder and a nice coffee maker. And a refrigerator.

*** About the book… ***
The idea for WAKING THE DEAD came to me when I was playing with one of those silly story generator things. The words that popped up were “What if an inept necromancer…” and resolves ridiculously, but I took the first part of that sentence and ran with it. What if an inept necromancer were charged with committing a crime she couldn’t commit…waking the dead?

     As a guardian of the gate to the spirit world, hellhound Adrian Mason is responsible for apprehending errant necromancers, and now he has his hands full with a demon on the loose. When all evidence points to Miriam Spencer, she swears she's not to blame. Though she is descendent from a family of powerful witches, Miriam can barely divine answers from a magic eight ball, let alone raise spirits.
     But, if she's not the culprit, then who—or what—is wreaking havoc on the small upstate New York town? Falling for his prime suspect isn’t on Adrian’s agenda. Duty-bound and with time running short, he must bring Miriam to justice, or face his own.
***Find Renee here***

Thank you for joining us here today, Renee! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your work.

1 comment:

Renee Silvana said...

Thank you for having me, C.R.!