Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

20 May 2011

Welcome special guest: author Gabriella Bradley

Today we have author, Gabriella Bradley, visiting. Gabriella lives amidst rugged mountains. She more than often has a grizzly in her backyard searching for food. Other critters that visit on a regular basis are cougars, coyotes, squirrels, raccoons. She has been a writer all of her life, though only ventured into erotic works in 2003. Her hobbies include hiking, gardening, swimming, sewing, embroidery. Favorite movies are old timers like Gone with the Wind, Spartacus etc. Favorite music is Abba.

* So, Gabriella, what inspired you to become a writer?
I've always written stories, ever since I was a little girl and learned how to write. As a toddler, my favorite toys were pens and pencils.
* When did you attempt your first story? What length was it? What's become of it?
My first story was a little one. I wrote it when I was six and it was published in a magazine. I haven't got it anymore due to a house fire years ago.
* How many stories did you complete before you sold your first?
Dozens. I sold my first book in 1998.
* What genre(s) do you write in? What drew you to write in it/them? What’s your favorite genre of all to write in?
My favorite genre would be historical romance, although I haven't written it of late. It takes a lot of research and time is scarce. I write erotic romance--science fiction, fantasy, paranormal, contemporary romance, whatever the muse inspires.
* What is your best-selling title to date?
I would say Savage Lust.
It has outsold anything I've ever written. I wrote that book in a few days and it's never ceased to amaze me how well it did. It is also available at eXtasy Books
http://www.extasybooks.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=ebook_flypage&category_id=16&product_id=6705&Itemid=50 and other retailers.
* What are the best and worst pieces of writing advice you ever received?
LOL in my very early days of submitting to the big guys, about twenty-six years ago, I received a letter filled with advice, one that near brought me to tears. The worst line in that letter was: "I don't know where you learned your English. Go back to school." Since I aced English, spelling, grammar, it was quite the insult. Of course that particular editor wasn't familiar with Aussie spelling and grammar, obviously. I've learned to adapt since then and now write USA style.
* In regard to the book you’re promoting, which actor and actress do you envision playing the roles of your hero and heroine? If there’s a villain or other characters who are pertinent to the story, who would play those parts?
My latest book is The Orgasm Whisperer. I didn't have any actors in mind when writing the story. I believe I only did that once with Law of the Jungle. I based the hero on Sean Connery.
* Is it a stand-alone story or part of a series? If it’s part of a series, please list the order the books need to be read in for maximum reading enjoyment.
The Orgasm Whisperer is a stand-alone. An article in a magazine sparked the title and the idea for the story.
*** Now for some fun info… ***
* What’s your favorite color?
Maybe you should be asking which color I dislike the most--it would be green. I love all colors really, except green doesn't suit me.
* What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
Pistachio
* Are you a cat, dog or both kind of person?
I'm a both person. I'm an animal lover, except you can keep spiders, snakes and anything that would eat me.
* Would you/have you own(ed) a snake or some other exotic pet?
Nope.
* Which do you prefer: rain or sun & warm weather or cold weather?
I'm a sun child, although I live in a place where winters can be long, cold and rainy.
* Are you a morning person or night owl?
Both. I get up at the crack of dawn and go to bed very late.
* What’s your favorite day of the week?
Sundays
* What’s your favorite number?
Nine
* If you could live anywhere in the universe, where would it be and why?
Mm, since we don't know of any habitable planets, I'd say it would still be Earth, but I'd choose Australia. Why? The climate for one, the people are a lot more relaxed, life is more relaxed and it's a beautiful country.
* If you were stranded on a desert island and were only allowed to have five modern conveniences with you, what would they be?
My computer, Internet connection. Can't think of anything else. A few toy boys maybe to wait on me hand and foot and keep my erotic cravings satisfied???

*** About The Orgasm Whisperer… ***
My last release was The Orgasm Whisperer. I'd already started this story, but my editor told me she needed a book and to finish it, so I finished it in a couple of days and brought it to 66200 words. It was meant to be a novella, but once I start writing, it's hard to stop. I did some interesting research while writing the last half of the book causing it to be more than erotic. It contains quite a bit of exotic toy play that I found out about on the web.
It's available at: http://www.extasybooks.com
http://extasybooks.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=ebook_flypage&product_id=9810&category_id=3&manufacturer_id=38&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=50
It's also available at Kindle, ARE, Fictionwise and other outlets.

The Orgasm Whisperer ~ A NOR Top Pick! The Find the review here: http://www.nightowlerotica.com/nor/Reviews/Trish-reviews-The-Orgasm-Whisperer-by-Gabriella-Bradley.aspx


Book Info: Listening to sexual fantasies not her own, Amaia must find her own true mate or be resigned to life as a psycho sex therapist.
WARNING: This book contains menage a quatre scenes and some sexual toy play.
Amaia has inherited the family talent! There is only one way to make it stop--she has to meet her soul mate, bond with him and consummate the relationship. But, how does one find him? Will she be an orgasm whisperer for just a short while or be stuck with it for years?
What's worse, when her mother enlightens her on how to use her gift, she also learns there's alien blood flowing through her veins and she has more abilities that will become apparent. It all seems like a science fiction nightmare, impossible to believe--something her imaginative mother had dreamed up.
When three to die for men enter her life, she feels attraction for all three, and worse, she feels bonded to all three. Is one of these men her soul mate? Will her orgasm whispering be over before it barely started? And how can she choose when her heart and body wants them all?

***Find Gabriella Bradley here***
Since my website was unfortunately hacked, I don't have one right now. I do have a blog: http://gabriellabradley.blogspot.com/

Thank you for joining us here today, Gabriella! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your work.

No comments: