Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

11 November 2011

Welcome special guest: author Crymsyn Hart @crymsynhart

Today we have author, Crymsyn Hart, visiting. Crymsyn is the author of a slew of paranormal, romance, erotica books. Her favorite saying is "If it has fangs, it's my friend." Her experiences as a psychic have given her a lot of material to use. She currently resides in Charlotte, NC with her hubby and her two dogs.

* So, Crymsyn, what inspired you to become a writer?
I was inspired to write when I was a kid and a teenager. The first thing I can remember was reading a favorite book of mine and hating the ending so I took it upon myself to rewrite the whole thing. I liked it so much I wrote the sequel to it also.
* When did you attempt your first story? What length was it? What's become of it?
My first story was a 90K book that I wrote in college based on some friends of mine. I had to turn 60 pages for my senior project and handed my professor a full length novel. After college, I went through and rearranged the book. It went on to be published with a now out of business e-publisher, but was resurrected with Phaze. The book is called Immortal Desires.
* How many stories did you complete before you sold your first?
I had four books done before I sold my first novel.
* What genre(s) do you write in? What drew you to write in it/them? What’s your favorite genre of all to write in?
I write in the paranormal, romance, erotica, fantasy, dark fantasy, and horror genres. I have always been drawn to horror and classified my first novel as that. But it got lumped into the erotica genre. Since then it has kind of grown into other areas. I love to write paranormal anything. I can’t seem to write straight contemporary.
* What are the best and worst pieces of writing advice you ever received?
The best piece of advice I received was to keep writing. The worst was to hang up my keyboard.
* How do you celebrate/deal with acceptance/rejection letters?
If I get a rejection letter, I sigh and keep on going. I used to get really heartbroken over them. Now I have learned to keep on trucking. There is more than one fish in the sea. Acceptance letters are awesome. I smile and it brightens my day, but I keep on going.
* In regard to the book you’re promoting, which actor and actress do you envision playing the roles of your hero and heroine? If there’s a villain or other characters who are pertinent to the story, who would play those parts?
Well for Draig, I was thinking a sexy Hugh Jackman for the hero as I wrote it. For the heroine, hmmm…Drew Barrymore maybe. I wasn’t thinking anyone in particular, but Lila is kinda quirky in a weird way.
* The book you’re promoting, is it a stand-alone story or part of a series? If it’s part of a series, please list the order the books need to be read in for maximum reading enjoyment.
Currently, I’m writing a series of shorts that take place in a fetish club called Hell’s Gate. They are all stand-alone so there is no particular order they have to be read in. I got the idea by just one line popping into my head. I expanded on the line and realized I could have this club for supernatural creatures that was a haven for them and at the same time they were exploring different fetishes and finding their true loves.
*** Now for some fun info… ***
* Which do you prefer: rain or sun & warm weather or cold weather?
Rain and cold weather.
* If you could live anywhere in the universe, where would it be and why?
If I could live anywhere in the universe, it would probably be right here on Earth. It is such a diverse place and has so many wonderful things. I just need to find a place where people haven’t messed up the environment.
* If you were stranded on a desert island and were only allowed to have five modern conveniences with you, what would they be?
If I were on a desert island I would need, A kindle loaded with all my favorite books, a never ending pad of paper and pens, my mp3 player, toilet paper, sun block.

*** About the book/series… ***
Hell’s Gate: Draig is about a bartender, Lila who has a run in with the new employee Draig. Things heat up between them very fast and she can’t figure out why. I can’t tell too much or I will give it all away.
     Hell’s Gate is a fetish club that is a haven for supernatural creatures and opens to humans where they all get to mingle and explore certain fetishes. It isn’t just about the fetish, but about the relationship between the two characters. The books in the world are all stand alone and Draig is the second one so far. I’m working on the third.
     Blurb: Lila has been tending bar for five years at Hell's Gate. She is content with her life. However, when Draig walks into the club her world is thrown asunder. There is something about the exotic man that haunts her. She watches him night after night tie up women and can't help but feel jealous. Draig tries to ignore her, but he can't get her out of his mind. The only thing he knows to do is push her away.
     Until the one night she finally confronts him and gives him a piece of her mind. Draig tries to keep her out, but he realizes Lila is something special. If he keeps her out, then his one chance of freedom will fly away.
Buy Link


***Find Crymsyn here***
Website: www.ravynhart.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/crymsynhart
Twitter: @crymsynhart
Blog: http://crymsynhart.blogspot.com/
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/crymsynhart


Thank you for joining us here today, Crymsyn! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your work.

No comments: