Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

21 September 2012

A Look At 'La Bella Isabella' by Raven McAllan ( @RavenMcAllan #FF #writer )

Today we have author Raven McAllan visiting. Welcome!

What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I live in Scotland, along with my husband and two cats—our children having flown the nest—surrounded by beautiful scenery, which inspires a lot of the settings in my books.
* I'm is used to sharing my life with the occasional deer, red squirrel, and lost tourist, to say nothing of the scourge of Scotland—the midge.
* As a lover of reading, I appreciate the history inside a book, and the chance to peek into the lives of those from years ago. I admit that I enjoy the research for my books almost as much as the writing; so much so, that sometimes I realize I've strayed way past the information I need to know, and not a paragraph has been added to my WIP.

What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
La Bella Isabella, is book one in my Regency Series Ladies Of London. Book two is The Best Man's Bridesmaid, and will be published in November. The third book, The Perfect Gift, is a Christmas story and will be published in December. They can be read in any order, but I think they'd be better read in one, two, and three.

How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
I was doing my usual procrastination, er research, and arranged marriages in Regency times popped up. I then started to think how a young girl might rebel, how someone older might, and La Bella was born.

Describe the hero in five words.
Book One. Harry…Swoonworthy, elegant, macho, intrigued and interested.

Describe the heroine in five words.
Amanda… Tall, feisty, clever, determined, intriguing.

Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
It has to be Amanda, she will settle for nothing less than she deserves. It is all or nothing, no compromise. The way she set out to see if she can have a good life is funny and romantic.

What's your favorite line in the story?
There are quite a few, but, said by Harry… ‘Anticipation was almost as satisfying as the actual event...almost.’

A look into the story La Bella Isabella
~ Blurb ~
* When your life is all arranged for you, there's only one thing to do—enjoy yourself while you can.
* When Amanda finds out whom her parents have chosen for her to marry, it puts her into despair. The one man occupying her dreams is to be hers in name only. Determined to enjoy life before it's all too late, La Bella Isabella and Her Dancing Girls is formed.
* The beautiful girl he keeps meeting by accident intrigues Harry. There is something familiar about her...he just cannot place.
* A private performance by La Bella Isabella provides a little knowledge, but is a little knowledge a dangerous thing?
~ Excerpt ~
* The snow was beginning to fall faster, and there were no cabs to be seen.
* "Bloody hell, I'll be too cold to warm anyone up at this rate," he muttered as he slid through the thickening snow, his footsteps muffled by its depth. "My prick will be so shriveled up, it'll take a week to be normal again. Even with help."
* So engrossed in keeping warm and muttering to himself, he heard nothing until a snort and a jangle of harness immediately behind him almost made him loose his footing.
* A black carriage had drawn level.
* "My lord," said a soft voice from inside, "this snow is getting thicker, and walking must be hazardous. As I trust there are no dogs out and about, I believe it is safer traveling in a carriage. May I give you a lift anywhere?"
* He recognized that voice. So did his body. No, not a week, after all. He felt light-headed and somewhat giddy. Not even a minute.
* "That would be kind...miss? Lady?"
* She laughed. "Yes, wouldn't it. Now, if you wish, get in and tell my coachman where you are heading."
* "Smithson Gardens," he said to the coachman, knowing that was near enough to his destination without revealing exactly where he was heading. He opened the door and swung inside, shutting it quickly after him to keep as much snow out as possible. The occupant was cloaked in dark velvet, a hood covering most of her face. She showed no inclination toward removing the hood.
* "I do hope I'm not taking you out of your way," he remarked urbanely. "For I believe on our earlier meeting, you were heading in the opposite direction.
* "I was, wasn't I, my lord? But as you see, now I am heading in this direction. And indeed, you will not take me out of my way."
* Harry sat back against the squabs. It was definitely his damsel in distress. And she obviously felt secure enough to invite him into her carriage even though she had no companion. But who was she? Obviously quality, but surely no lady of quality who valued her reputation would be in a carriage without a companion, let alone would invite a gentleman to share it with her. "I feel you have the better of me. You know me, but do I know you?"
* Again, that musical laugh.
* "You feel so, my lord? I wonder why? Because I call you 'my lord'? Are you a lord?"
* "I am. As to why? I thought I did feel so, perhaps I will feel so again." Such gentle innuendo, but realized—and judging by the brief laugh he heard—appreciated. "Are you a lady?"
* She considered. "Well, I am female, so that makes me a lady. Am I a lady? One of life's mysteries, my lord."
* Harry moved slightly, so his thigh rested against her cloak. "I love a mystery."
* "Oh, so do I."
* The coach came to a halt. "I believe we have reached Smithson Gardens, my lord. Are you sure you do not want to be taken all the way to your destination? We wouldn't want you to catch a chill and be unable to...shall we say...help Lady Mellissa, would we?"
* The minx! So she did know who he was! And about his involvement with Mellissa, something he was sure very few people were aware of.

Buy La Bella Isabella here:
Breathless Press

Find Raven here...
Website
UK - Blog
US - Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Breathless Press
Evernight Publishing
ARe
Bookstrand
Amazon

No comments: