What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Glutton for punishment would be a good description for Doris... at least that's what she hears on an almost daily basis when people find out that she has a brood of nine children, ranging from adult to toddler and lives happily in a far too small house, cluttered with children, pets, dust bunnies, and one very understanding and supportive husband. Domestic goddess she is not.
* There is always something better to do after all, like working on the latest manuscript and trying not to scare the locals even more than usual by talking out loud to the voices in her head. Her characters tend to be pretty insistent to get their stories told, and you will find Doris burning the midnight oil on a regular basis. Only time to get any peace and quiet and besides, sleep is for wimps.
* She likes to spin sensual, sassy, and sexy tales involving alpha heroes to die for, and heroines who give as good as they get. From contemporary to paranormal, BDSM to F/F, and Ménage, haunting love stories are guaranteed.
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* Masks Of A Tiger is book three in my Club Ink series. You can read it on its own but you get a better feel for Grisha if you read the others first. Riding Her Tiger is Book one and Tiger Scars is book two. Grisha stars in them all, and in Masks Of A Tiger he finally gets his happy ever after. :)
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* Ah, well, Grisha muscled into the scene in book one of my series, when my heroine went to the bar, to order a Black Russian. He literally popped into my brain out of nowhere, and he refused to leave. He's part of a ménage in the first two books and he's got the rep of being a bit of a playboy Dom. Charming, sophisticated, but not looking to settle down. He shows us a bit of his vulnerable side at the end of book two, and I started to get an inkling of the demons that drove him. I had the beginning of book three in my head from the minute I stopped writing book two, but Grisha kept his cards close to his chest. So I got on with other projects, and waited patiently until he was ready to tell m
* When he did, I cried a few tears and tried my best to do his story justice. He needed a complicated heroine and Neeve fitted the bill perfectly. They both wear masks, and together they heal each other.
Describe the hero in five words.
Dom, charming, complex, passionate, tortured
Describe the heroine in five words.
Sassy, successful, hurt, complicated, lonely
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
Without a doubt it has to be Grisha. He was one of my favourites of the series from the minute he made his presence known, and I'm so glad he finally got his own sub. There is nothing not to like about him. He's loyal, passionate, incredibly inventive, and as Estelle says in this book, "Grisha has a way of making your fantasies come true, Neeve. He would never push you into something you weren't ready for, you know."
What's your favorite line in the story?
* Oh there are so many…
* Grisha says this to Neeve, and it has a profound effect on her.
* "I leave marks that fade, never scar. Marks that tease, and arouse, and get you so damn turned on, you'll have the hottest sex you ever had. Marks that will proclaim I own you, at least whilst in a scene. Think on that, sweetheart, next time you stare into the flame."
A look into the story Masks of a Tiger
* Never one for missing the opportunity to teach a bratty sub manners, Grisha intends to show the fiery little redhead the error of her ways. He doesn't expect to see her drawn to the flame like the proverbial moth. When she hurts herself in ways that even a Dom of his experience finds hard to witness, he knows he needs to help her.
* Will their sexual chemistry be enough to chase away their demons and burn away their masks? Or is the submission Grisha demands too much for Neeve to accept?
* The way he said the word dungeon sent a shiver down her body, as images of him in another dungeon filled her mind. The barely functioning rational side of her brain screamed at her what the fuck she was doing, but her body just wasn't listening. Being this close to him, the need to stay in his arms consumed her. Her empty pussy ached to be possessed by this man. The heat of his thick, rock hard cock burned her through his jeans, and when he placed her on the huge bed dominating one side of the room, she didn't want to lose the contact. He chuckled into her neck and licked the sensitive skin. The curiously rough texture of his tongue sent her nerve endings tingling, and she locked her ankles behind his butt, and ground her clit against him again.
* God, she was so close, so damn close, if only…
* Her eyes flew open, and the world tilted when he disentangled himself from her in one easy move. Before she knew what happened he had her lying over his knees, her dress pulled up to her hips, thong pulled down to her knees pinning them together. One of his arms over her back held her down.
* "Don't move, sweetheart, or this will hurt." She froze. Surely he wouldn't spank her? And why did the thought of that make more of her juices leak out of her? Why was she not screaming no, or red, or whatever the hell one screamed in such circumstances? Instead, she was in danger of staining his jeans with her arousal.
* "Don't you dare spank me. I'm not five years old!" Even to her own ears the protest sounded feeble, and Grisha swatted her ass several times in quick succession. The force behind those swats pushed her further into his lap, and tears sprang to her eyes. He massaged her ass cheeks, and the hot burn eased and spread in tingles of awareness. Her pussy clamped, and she felt the wetness on the top of her thighs.
* "Bastard! You have no right, you … oh—What are you doing? Oh God, yes, don’t stop."
* Grisha's amused chuckle vibrated through her, as he trailed something cold and smooth along her slit repeatedly. He followed the object with his fingers, the heat of those digits burning a path of awareness along her labia. She jumped when he circled her clit, and he murmured his approval at her panted reaction. She tried to push herself against that hand, and she screamed in surprise when he pinched her clit.
* "That's not the way this works, sweetheart. You'll come when I let you, not before, and not until you tell me the truth."
* Again he traced her slit with the object, and Neeve bucked when it started vibrating. He pushed the toy slightly into her channel, and her cunt clamped around the barely there invasion, her internal muscles desperately trying to pull it in further to no avail. Grisha kept it there on the edge, driving her insane with the need to come. The orgasm hovered just out of her reach, and she groaned her frustration to the floor, pummeling his legs in the process.
* Another swat to the ass was her reward. Her tender flesh stung and burned, the slight pain adding to the assault on her senses.
* "So, what will it be, Neeve? Are you going to tell me the truth, or do I carry on with your punishment?"
* "P-punishment?" Neeve panted the words as her body climbed again. "You call this punishment? Is that all you've got?"
* Why she felt the need to goad him she couldn't say, but by God, her body might be betraying her, but that didn't mean that she would give in that easily.
* "No, sweetheart, I call this torture, and I can keep this up for hours."
Buy Masks of a Tiger here...
All Romance eBooks
Find Doris here...
Thank you for joining us here today, Doris! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.