What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* I live in Scotland, along with my husband and two cats. Our children have flown the nest, so it’s just us, oh and visitors. (We're surrounded by beautiful scenery, which inspires a lot of the settings in my books.)
* I'm used to sharing my life with the occasional deer that turn the lawn into a bog, the resident red squirrel, and many a lost tourist, No we are not the B and B. (Have you seen the way I fry an egg?) To say nothing of the scourge of Scotland—the midge.
* My very understanding, and long-suffering DH, is used to his questions unanswered, the dust bunnies greeting him as he walks through the door, and rescuing burned offerings from the Aga. (And passing me a glass of wine as I type furiously.)
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* A Shimmer of Silk, is book two in The House On Silk Street, a Regency erotic BDSM mystery series. Boy that's a mouthful.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* The first book in the series, Silver Silk Ties hit me out of nowhere. At first I though it was a nice simple sweet love story, but my characters soon put me right. It's nice (lol), but not simple or sweet. Once I started to write it, I discovered there was a lot more to the story than I thought, and that others were involved in the mystery. Hence book two, which although can be read of a stand alone, is loosely a sequel.
Describe the hero in five words.
* Aristocratic, tall, enigmatic, decisive, hot and oh did I say hot.
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Determined, feisty, brave, mysterious and French—or is she?
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* Luc who only plays a small part in this story stole my heart. He never says but you do wonder if he loves Deborah more than as an adopted sister. He's loyal and looks out for her.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* "I do not risk my life … I cheat my death, and one day my time will run out."
A look into the story
* During one of her performances at Silk Street, she attracts the attention of Oliver, Lord Craster. Known for his extreme tastes, he sensed a kindred soul in Deborah.
* Persuading her that their needs mesh proves a challenge, even to a man of his experience.
* Will Oliver be the man she needs to unlock her secrets? Or will his dominance scare her too much to even try?
* Are the nightmares simply too strong?
Be Warned: BDSM, spanking, sex toys, anal sex
* "Do it," Luc said. "For the love of God and De…her, do it now. Do not make her wait. That is cruel."
* He was not a cruel man. Even as he wondered what Luc had been going to say, when he had stopped mid-word, Oliver held the candle high and watched. As if in slow motion the tiny tears of wax dripped and hit her skin. To him it was a caress, a bite of pain, which would morph into a swell of pleasure, and a hint of things to come. A gift he could give her. If he thought they had the chance.
* "Another." Luc was insistent. "As we discussed. Now. While she is within herself."
* His phrasing intrigued Oliver. Nevertheless, he tipped the taper once more, and created the patterns they had agreed upon. By now his peers were cheering, the sight of her soft flesh covered in the ribbons of cooling wax a turn on to all those there. Even if it was not their own preference, each could appreciate how something so misunderstood, and called deviant by many, was so necessary to others.
* In one way it seemed an aeon before Luc indicated he was done. In another scant seconds. He handed the stub of the candle to Luc and took his bow, before he turned to the woman still supine in front of him. With what the watchers would see as theatrical, he bent his head. To all intents and purposed he was offering a soft kiss to her neck. In reality he moved and nipped her earlobe. "It is over. Come, make your bow and let us take you out of here."
* * * *
* It was one thing to agree to accompany Oliver; it was another to do it with insouciance and style. Deborah hung onto her composure by a thread. One word out of place, one unaccustomed challenge, and she feared she would fall to pieces. But deep inside her was an excitement she had never felt before. The recognition of hope and arousal that she sensed would over come any negative feelings, or doubts, within her.
* He took her hand and tucked it into his as they walked along a brightly lit, deserted corridor. There were no doors to break the flow of the walls, just lamps at regular intervals. "We will see no one unless you wish it. My apartments are mine alone. Nevertheless, Felton knows you are with me, and I have given him my word, as I did to Luc, we will do nothing without your acceptance. I promise you this also. Our life will be ours. Not for us anything others want, it will be as we desire." He stopped suddenly and pulled her into his arms.
* His cock pressed against her quim, and Deborah's breath hitched. Her mouth was dry, as she felt her juices run. It seemed preferable not to look down, for she was sure the pantaloons she wore would show the marks of her excitement. As Oliver's lips touched hers, she opened her mouth and let his tongue in, to mimic the act she knew they would enjoy later. As he thrust, she couldn't help but grind her cunt against his prick.
* Oliver lifted his head. "Soon, love. You taste of nectar."
* He tastes of hope.
Buy A Shimmer of Silk here...
All Romance eBooks
Find Raven McAllan here...
Thank you for joining us here today, Raven McAllan! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.