Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

12 February 2013

A Look At Stella Berkley & 'I’ll Be Damned' ( @StellaBerkley @evernightpub # )

Today we have author Stella Berkley visiting. Welcome!

What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Oh, goodnesss…hmm, where to start? *taps chin* I’m a little crazy, a stereotypical neurotic writerly type. I live in small town Ontario, grew up a farmer’s daughter and love to ride anything that goes fast. Oh, and I have a few books published both by my naughtier self and my tamer self.

What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* I’ll be Damned is a collection of erotic short stories that follow five sets of couples over the course of the same evening. They’re angels and demons who have been forbidden to consort with one another as lovers. But where there’s love and lust, there’s no chasm unbridgeable. ;)

How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* I’m not really sure where this one came from. Usually I have an idea, but this one just kind of began spilling out one night when I was having one of my zen moments. I liked the idea of characters overlapping stories, but didn’t have the energy to write a full novel series at the time.

Describe the hero in five words.
* Hmm, considering I have … six heroes that will be tough. How about … Hot damn, they are fine!

Describe the heroine in five words.
* I have five heroines that range from leather-bound dominatrix to sweet and submissive. Jeez, I wouldn’t know where to start with that bouquet. :)

Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* Oh, hands down that would be Lucifer, the original bad boy. He thinks he’s got the upper hand with his angel, but she’s about to show him just how wrong he is about that.

What's your favorite line in the story?
* Definitely this one. This is Lucifer taunting Gabriella when she finally bucks up the courage to face him. She’s just chastised him for being so crude.
* “I do it because you like my filthy mouth. In fact, right now you’re fantasizing about how my hair would feel against your inner thighs while you writhe under my filthy, wicked mouth.”

A look into the story
~ Blurb ~
* For one night, love is enough to bridge the distance between heaven and hell.
* In Devil Be Mine, Lucifer’s soul whore, Delilah, is tempted by her favorite submissive, Micah, an angel as pure as she is naughty.
* In Fire and Ice, heaven’s black sheep, Qenna, meets her match in Pyro, chaos incarnate and devilish charm in a designer suit.
* In Raven, a reaper forces the Guardian, Mara, to accept what’s in her heart or say goodbye to her Raven forever.
* In Hunting Pleasure, Lucifer’s Lieutenant, Selene, indulges in heaven’s highest ranking sentinels, Michael and Arael, who turn the hunter into the hunted.
* And finally, in No Mercy, God’s right hand, Gabriella, must convince Lucifer to abolish the law standing between her brethren and their lovers. To right a wrong she played a part in, Gabriella agrees to a private meeting with the object of her darkest fantasies—the devil himself.
~ Excerpt from Fire and Ice ~
* Giant snowflakes drifted down around me, where I perched on the ledge of the war monument. The wings of the stone angel at my back, along with the growing darkness, would mask my own silver wings from any humans who might wander through Centennial Park.
* Beneath me, Micah, one of my brothers on high, walked by cloaked in a black trench coat and a fedora.
* “You’re not going to Lu’s titty bar, by any chance, are you?” I shouted down to him while suppressing a snicker. “Gabriella’s going to be pissed.”
* Micah stopped and turned striking blue eyes up at me, cutting across the winter twilight like beacons. “I—how did—it’s none of your concern, Qenna.” He rolled his head until his neck cracked. “What are you doing down here? Gabriella told you to remain in the upper realm tonight since she’s with Him and Lucifer and can’t keep you out of trouble.”
* No wonder she was so crabby earlier. She totally wanted to bone Lu—it was written all over her every time someone mentioned his name. I quirked up an eyebrow and shrugged. “If you won’t answer me, why the hell should I answer you?” I snorted and leaned forward, my long, white hair tumbling over the edge of the monument in spirals. “And you’re one to talk. She told you to stay put, too.”
* His eyes darkened before tilting his head forward, obscured once again by the brim of his hat. He gave a disgruntled huff. “Just do us all a favor and keep out of trouble, though saying that to you is like telling a kitten to stay away from a dangling scrap of yarn.” Micah continued in the direction he’d been going. “Lucifer isn’t around to watch his kind tonight, so you’re on your own.”
* “Say hi to Delilah for me.”
* Micah’s shoulders hunched up, but he never turned back. “And give my regards to Pyro.”

Buy I’ll Be Damned here...
Evernight Publishing
Amazon
All Romance eBooks
Bookstrand

Find Stella Berkley here...
Website
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads

Thank you for joining us here today, Stella! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.

1 comment:

Stella Berkley said...

Hey, thanks for having me over today. It was fun. Happy Valentines day!