What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Raven lives in Scotland, along with her husband and their two cats—their children having flown the nest—surrounded by beautiful scenery, which inspires a lot of the settings in her books.
* She is used to sharing her life with the occasional deer, red squirrel, and lost tourist, to say nothing of the scourge of Scotland—the midge.
* Her very understanding, and long-suffering DH, is used to his questions unanswered, the dust bunnies greeting him as he walks through the door, and rescuing burned offerings from the Aga. (And passing her a glass of wine as she types furiously.)
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* This is book one, of the Dance Studio. It's called Will You Dance, Miss Laurence?
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* I have absolutely no idea. They (the characters) started nudging me and then shouting until I gave in and wrote what they dictated.
Describe the hero in five words.
* determined, cruel to be kind
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Feisty, stuck in a rut
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* That's hard but by a smidgeon, it has to be Ava. She's changing her life.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* That changes every time I open the book. So this one hit me this time…"I'm as hot as Hades, as wet as a waterfall, and as ready as I'll ever be to have you inside me."
A look into the story
* Shibari Master Ryan is intrigued by Ava, so when his cousin asks a favor, he is only too happy to help Ava out of the rut she says she is in.
* Will her past allow her to enjoy his bondage, or will true submission prove a step too much?
* "Um…" She blinked several times and rubbed her hands down her skirt. Damp palms perhaps? That's good.
* "Yes, I think so. Oh, er, Sir." The last word tumbled out as if she was worried he would walk away without the title. Ryan chose to ignore her hesitation.
* "Good, take off your dress." He folded his arms, as he wondered how she would react to such a direct command.
* "Eh?" A soft rosy glow suffused her cheeks.
* "You heard. Take it off or walk away. Your choice. From now you do as I say." He didn't elaborate. He knew it would be no such scenario. Any person could negotiate a scene, and if they chose to, then walk away. His stark order might be cruel, but Ryan was intrigued just how Ava would react. He had a feeling that under her quiet demeanor was a hot, feisty woman just begging to be let free once more.
* She blinked again.
* Dammit, is this Morse code? Because it’s a helluva long while since I was a Boy Scout.
* Ryan tapped his foot slowly and deliberately.
* "Then I go." Ava walked past him, stopped and made her way back to stand in front him once more. Her five foot three height made her crane her neck to look up at his face. "I do nothing without freedom of choice, mate."
* "Sir. And good, that’s what I wanted to hear. Let's talk." He took her arm and walked to where he'd put the bench earlier and wished he could adjust his cock, which was rubbing his leather trousers as it swelled and demanded attention. Her attitude was one he preferred, and Ryan looked forward to their exchanges. He was under no illusion that they would be many and less than fiery and often. "Sit legs astride, there's a good girl. Let your pussy feel the leather. It might be soft, but It will make you wet. Are you going to stain my bench, love?"
* "What?" It was a squeak rather than a word. "Oh god, I can so not do this. I'm sorry, and I don't even know your name, but this is so not me. What on earth made Jane think I'd want knickerless lessons is beyond me. Seriously, I'm sorry I've wasted your time, but I'm not who or what you want. Whatever that is, it's not me. Really, it's not. Hells bells, I'm an ordinary overweight thirty eight year old widow with a dr…well with nothing that would interest you I'm sure. So Mr. ... Sir … er, whatever, I'll be off." She tried to tug her arm away from him.
* He'd never met anyone who could babble so much so fast, and still have breath left. He held his hand up, and to his surprise, she stopped the pull. It was just as well, because she had the stamina and strength of an anchorman in a tug of war team. He grinned inwardly. Definitely not the build of one though.
* "Calm down, sit how you want for now, and listen to me." She glared at him, and Ryan knew she teetered on the edge of acquiescing or slapping him senseless. However, she nodded and perched on the edge of the bench, the skirt of her dress tucked firmly under her and tight across her legs. Ryan was certain she had no idea how enticing the dark shadow of her pussy curls was. Even though he preferred a smooth hairless cunt, he wanted to be the one to make it so, and this hint of things to come had his body taut.
* "Okay, but no siring or anything…"
* He chuckled, he'd bet his new cuffs he'd have her Siring him before she left.
* "My name is Ryan. Ryan Culliver." He saw the moment the significance of his name registered.
Buy Will You Dance, Miss Laurence? here...
All Romance eBooks
Find Raven McAllan here...
Facebook Author Page
Thank you for joining us here today, Raven! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.