* About our guest, Kate Pearce ~
* Award winning author, Kate Pearce was born into a large family of girls in England, and spent much of her childhood living very happily in a dream world. Despite being told that she really needed to 'get with the program', she graduated from the University College of Wales with an honors degree in history.
* A move to the USA finally allowed her to fulfill her dreams and sit down and write her first romance novel. Kate is published by Signet Eclipse, Kensington Aphrodisia, Ellora's Cave, Carina Press, Cleis Press and Virgin Black Lace/Cheek.
* The last time shapeshifting SBLE superstar Vadim Morosov worked with an empath, he got her killed and himself assigned to a desk. He worries about taking on another partner, but helping Ella track down an empath killer might be his only chance to save his career.
* Naturally, the government decides to throw them together.
* They resist at first, but they can't deny the simmering heat between them. As the killer's strikes grow closer to home, their bond gets tighter. And when the murderer finally traps Ella, her developing link with Vadim might be the only thing that can save her.
* She screeched to a halt again. “Threatened, by you?”
* “Yes. I think you’ve got used to getting your own way in that office, and you don’t like anyone else coming in and questioning anything you say.”
* “And I think you’re talking out of your ass.”
* “I don’t like incompetence, Ms. Walsh, and I don’t like working with empaths on the brink of a break- down. I’ll work with you because I have no choice, but I’ll be questioning everything that comes out of your mouth, double and triple checking it and, if necessary, taking my concerns to the very top to make sure I’m heard so I don’t get left holding the can when everything blows up.”
* She stared into his eyes and for the first time in her life seriously contemplated drawing her weapon and shooting a fellow professional. But he’d probably like it if she did that, and she still had no way of knowing if he could actually be killed.
* Instead, she gave him her best professional smile. “I’m glad you shared your concerns with me, Morosov. I appreciate your input and will consider each and every one of your points very carefully.”
Text Copyright © 2012 by Kate Pearce
Permission to reproduce text granted by Harlequin Books S.A. Cover art used by arrangement with Harlequin Enterprises Limited. All rights reserved. ® and TM are trademarks owned by Harlequin Enterprises Limited or its affiliated companies, used under license.
Soul Sucker is available from the following places:
Barnes and Noble
Please feel free to visit Kate Pearce at the links below:
Thank you for joining us here today, Kate! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your work.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Kate will be awarding a $25 Amazon or B&N GC, winner's choice, to two randomly drawn commenters during the tour! So be sure to leave your name and email with your comment and visit other tour stops (find them here: goddessfishpromotions.blogspot.com-soul-sucker-by.html) for a greater chance of winning!