What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* William Auch is a physician residing in Sacramento, California. When not seeing patients, he writes, studies French, and travels the world.
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* Love in Provence
A look into the story
* When he meets Madame Garcin, her daughter Sophie, and her granddaughter Isabelle, his life is changed forever. What began as a long vacation becomes a journey of self-discovery marked by love, loss, and tragedy.
* He is molded by this family of three generations of women, tempered by tragedy themselves, in ways that he could never have imagined.
* Off to one side was a small girl with a pony tail, who ran across the grass as though she were about to lift off like a bird. Behind her she towed a small red kite, which stubbornly refused to become airborne despite her best attempts to launch it. Each time the kite plunged to the grass she would tighten the string again and make another run at it, only to have the kite rise about ten feet, then plummet to the grass. She tried over and over again with such determination, John wondered how long she had been at it. After each failed attempt she would look over at her mother who was keeping an eye on her from a distance, then the girl would continue with more determination than the previous attempt. John thought about Isabelle and how much he missed her. He could not wait to see her. He could imagine Isabelle when she was young, pulling on the kite string with the same determination as the little girl. John walked over to her mother sitting on the grass and asked with a smile, “Do you mind if I give her a hand?”
* Her mother raised her eyebrows at first and studied John from top to bottom, but then a smile slowly crept onto her face. “Sure, why not?”
Buy Love in Provence here...
Barnes & Noble
Thank you for joining us here today, William! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! William Auch will be awarding a $25 Amazon gift card to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour! So be sure to leave your name and email with your comment and visit other tour stops (find them here: goddessfishpromotions.blogspot.com_LoveInProvence) for a greater chance of winning!