What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Thank you for having me here today, CR. Hello everyone!
* I write mainly Contemporary Erotic Romances. I’m a mom of three, wife, cattle farmer, school council volunteer, I cry over nearly everything from weddings to baby commercials to a killing of my fave character on a TV show. I don’t like hypocrites, homophobes or bullies.
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in? How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* I’m incorporating 2 different questions here as it’s easier to summarize them together -- Sweetest Salvation is a stand-alone Contemporary Erotic Romance with some light bondage. My muse took the idea and ran with it when the “real Andy” said it might make for a good story. In the story Andy has lost her husband and child within months of each other. She’s living a life practically shut away, surrounded by her dark thoughts, survivor’s guilt and despair. It is loosely based on real life tragedies that a dear friend suffered. It was a path she nearly didn’t come away from, but also found a way to break free of it too. My friend thought it would make a good story because the key factor is healing and moving on, trying to live again. I hope readers take that from the story most of all.
Describe the hero in five words.
* Sexy, charming, stubborn, powerful, passionate
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Big-hearted, passionate, assertive, beautiful, nurturing
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* Both lead characters. I can’t choose between the two. They both need one another, have suffered the same loss (Andy’s husband was Hunter’s best friend) and the journey is healing for both of them. They both let me in to write the story, shared themselves with me more so than any characters before – I’m guessing because the premise of the story is personal for me too – and I couldn’t choose just one.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* Too many to choose one. All the emotional fragments that surround and break away from Andy, and that Hunter reveals with his own pain. As I said, it is a very emotional story.
A look into the story
* But Hunter Sullivan won’t stand idly by and watch Andy self-destruct. A friend of her husband, and the owner of Club Splendor, Hunter has kept his love for Andy hidden for years. He refuses to think of her at the club, cold and detached as she’s become, looking for an easy fix to take away the pain in her heart. Hunter wants her to vibrant in life again and sets out to prove he is exactly who she needs.
*An Editor’s Pick* ~ Content Warning: Contains Voyeurism, Spanking, Multiple Partners
* Cheeks on fire, she gave him a small nod and walked ahead. She moved into the bar area and looked around. The place was packed tonight.
* There were a few people she recognized, but most were new faces. Hunter’s business was certainly thriving.
* Bridget caught sight of her and waved. Andy did the same and turned to the left, down the hall that would take her to room fourteen and Hunter.
* Movement caught the corner of her eye, and she looked to her right. At a table in the far corner, Paige and Nolan sat with another couple. She missed a step, but gained her balance again. She hadn’t thought about seeing them again. Paige waved and her husband smiled bright.
* The couple’s kindness and understanding arced across the room. Andy smiled and waved back. They’d been there for her the other night. She’d be forever grateful for it.
* Reaching the room, she took a deep breath and knocked. Hearing Hunter’s gruff, “Come in,” she turned the knob.
* The room, similar to the one she’d used the other night, had a warmer feel to it. The fireplace ablaze, the heat of it welcomed her.
* Andy’s gaze swept the room. Furnished with a full living room set, she loved the royal purple and black colors of the furniture and curtains than anything else. This room conveyed privacy and self-indulgence. Her heart rate increased just thinking of all that might have been done in this room.
* It was made for sex. Especially with a glass display case that took up the most of wall. Inside were dildos, anal plugs, collars, floggers, cock rings and more toys of pleasure.
* Andy’s gaze landed on Hunter where he sat in the center of the couch, arms stretched over the back of it.
* “Hi, sweetheart.”
* Her gaze narrowed on his and she shut the door behind her. “Don’t you sweetheart me, Hunter. And get that look off your face.”
* “What look?”
* “That self-righteous look. I might be here, but not for the reasons you think.”
* “Then why are you here?” he questioned, his gaze unwavering.
* “I wanted to tell you in person that your idea isn’t going to happen. We’ve been… friends too long. You’re Patrick’s best friend. It’s all kinds of wrong.”
* He leaned forward, arms resting on his powerful thighs.
* His red t-shirt molded his shoulders and the cuffs of the arms looked snug around his biceps. Damn him for being in such great shape.
* She shivered, nipples tightening. She needed to get away from him.
* “There, I’ve said all I have to say. Goodbye,” she muttered, and turned back toward the door.
* Hunter was quickly behind her, arms encasing her as his palms pressed against the door and preventing her retreat.
* His breath was warm against her ear. Andy wished she’d left her hair down. At least she wouldn’t be able to feel his breath on her neck.
* A shudder ran through her. “Let me out, Hunter. I need to leave.”
* “Why? You were so desperate to remain a member and be here the other night. I’m simply offering a safer solution. Me instead of strangers,” he rasped against her ear.
* “I don’t have to worry about much with strangers. At least they aren’t people I have to see after the sex is over.”
* Hunter pressed in closer behind her, which pushed her farther against the door. She’d always been claustrophobic. And right now, being caged in by this man, made it even harder to breathe than if she was locked in a closet. His chest was firm against her, his mouth against her ear, and his hoarse voice soft.
* Her thighs rubbed together and her clit chafed against her thong. The string along her ass was snug. All she had to do was turn around and take what he offered. She wanted a cock inside her.
* Dear lord, this was Hunter.
* Could she step over the invisible line and take what he offered?
* He was attractive, always had been to her. Hell, she’d only been married, not dead. She appreciated a gorgeous man when she saw him.
* Hunter always treated with her respect and friendship. She didn’t know how much he dated but had heard women at the club mention his prowess in the bedroom. He could probably give her everything she needed. There would be a sense of safety with him at least.
* And her body’s reaction to him today, while surprising, knew what it wanted. While she was sure it was a bad idea for them to journey down this path, she was overwhelmed by the sudden realization that not just any cock would do.
* She wanted Hunter. Wanted only him inside her.
* Her breath hitched and her lungs filled, making it hard to breathe. No, she didn`t have the courage to give into this man.
* She needed to get out of this room and away from him. Grabbing the doorknob once more, Andy yanked.
* Hunter’s palms never moved from the door, but in her hasty movements, his chest aligned tighter against her back.
* Pressed against the door, she turned her head, her right cheek resting on it as her breasts pushed against her bra. The hard surface scraped against her clothing, which abraded her nipples. The urge to purr and rub against the wood was overwhelming.
* Hunter’s body pressed against her; the cock cradling her ass told her that he was just as affected as she. His length was hard, solid. His hips dipped and shoved against the crack of her ass.
* “Andy,” he whispered in her ear.
* She closed her eyes, willed herself to push back against him until he let her go.
* Her eyes opened when she realized her hips moved against his. Her pussy quivered and her stomach clenched. There was no sense in fighting a losing battle. She wanted him.
Buy Sweetest Salvation here...
All Romance eBooks
Canadian author, Kacey Hammell is a multi-published erotic romance author who writes mainly in the Contemporary Erotic/Romantic Suspense genres. She is a true romantic at heart. Find Kacey here...
Facebook - Page
Amazon - Page
Thank you for joining us here today, Kacey! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.