What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Katie Salidas is a Super Woman! Endowed with special powers and abilities, beyond those of mortal women, She can get the munchkins off to gymnastics, cheerleading, Girl Scouts, and swim lessons. She can put hot food on the table for dinner while assisting with homework, baths, and bedtime… And, She still finds the time to keep the hubby happy (nudge nudge wink wink). She can do all of this and still have time to write.
* And if you can believe all of those lies, there is some beautiful swamp land in Florida for sale…
* Katie Salidas resides in Las Vegas, Nevada. Mother, wife, and author, she does try to do it all, often causing sleep deprivation and many nights passed out at the computer. Writing books is her passion, and she hopes that her passion will bring you hours of entertainment.
What book are you going to tell us about today?
* Dark Salvation. It's the sixth book in the The Immortalis Series.
Describe the heroine.
* Check out info on the heroine here! dark-salvation-behind-characters
A look into the story
* Knowing full well the atrocities of which the Acta Sanctorum is capable, Nicholas is all too eager for the battle to begin. Fueled by pain and rage from the loss of his mate, he’s itching for a fight, but one thing stands in his way: Kitara, a beautiful dark-haired woman with unique psychic abilities and an unusual link to the Saints. Despite his resolve to remain focused on his mission, a purely physical relationship binds them together in a way neither of them expected. And when her life hangs in the balance, Nicholas finds his own is teetering on the edge too.
* “I was armed.” She held the blade, a 10-inch chef’s knife up ready to strike.
* Without warning, Nicholas lunged forward and grabbed Kitara’s wrist in a crushing grip. He pushed her backwards, pinning her to the wall with his body. She tried to struggle, but was no match for Nicholas. He took her free hand and held it firm against the wall.
* Kitara’s heartbeat raced, vibrating through her chest into Nicholas’s body. The tantalizing thump-thump sent all of his blood rushing south. A new need arose within Nicholas. One he had not satisfied in a long while. Kitara’s breath shuddered. Nicholas felt the contracting of her muscles as she tried to fight his grip and bring the knife down upon him. Her human strength was nothing. Even in his weakened state he held her firm, but he admired her spirit. The smell of her fear, and her sweet orange and vanilla scent, called out to him. He bent his head low to take a better whiff. His nose grazed the soft skin at the base of her neck. She was a delicious temptation. He’d already sampled her blood once; he knew how rich and sweet she tasted, and he longed for more. He bent lower, drawing out the moment, savoring the anticipation, reveling in the frantic thump-thump of her calling heart, the pulsing artery in her neck practically begging for him to open up and devour all she had to give. Nicholas let out a slow breath and reined in his hunger. He gently pressed his lips against the soft warmth of her skin. Just a simple kiss, but that alone had its own satisfying effect.
* Kitara’s body spasmed under his grip. She let out a strangled squeal, then went slack in his arms.
* Nicholas held her firm, wrapping one arm around her waist, taking on her weight and keeping her upright. “Have I made my point?” Husky need filled his voice. Oh, how he wanted to slake his desire for her blood and her body! But that could not happen.
* “Yes.” Her words came out in a whisper. The heat from her breath blew against his ear and her body pressed so close to his. Her warmth. Her scent. He was the one supposed to be in control, yet everything about her made him want to sit up and beg like a dog. All of his remaining blood had traveled down south, and suddenly his pants became unbearably tight.
Buy Dark Salvation here...
Barnes & Noble
Find Katie Salidas here...
Barnes & Noble
All Romance Ebooks
Thank you for joining us here today, Katie! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.