What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* As a child, I wasn’t afraid of the things that went bump in the night. In fact, the thought of a world where werewolves roamed and Dracula reigned king was so exciting to me. Instead of turning on a light for comfort, I reveled in the dark, imagining the lives of what was out there roaming the night and frightening those who didn’t truly appreciate how interesting the supernatural really were. Nowadays, my visions take shape as I bring life to the worlds I’ve imagined since childhood. The wild imaginings that often got me out of, or more often into, trouble as a young girl have informed and enriched my storytelling as an adult.
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* Light the Shadows is the first book in the Grimm Series.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* It’s kind of silly really. I was lying in a hospital bed, after having surgery and was having some pretty messed up, crazy dreams. I was in a lot of pain and kept thinking “just kill me now” I had a dream about Sully, the reaper, and it just seemed to catch fire after that.
Describe the hero in five words.
* Sexy, mysterious, protective, immortal, biker
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Damaged, fierce, loyal, smart, lost
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* Normally, my answer would be the hero. And while I do adore Sully, I think Micah is my favorite character in this story. She’s so lost and damaged. The odds are stacked against her, yet she stronger than she ever imagined. Her journey in finding herself and unraveling the hidden truths were fascinating to me.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* Wow, there’s so many! Especially the sexy tidbits, but I’m going to give you something different. This line really touches a tender spot for me, as it proves Sully isn’t just a scythe wielding Reaper with no emotion.
* The frail old woman in the bed lifted her head and spoke in a soft murmur of Spanish. He patted her hand gently and whispered, "It’s not your time, Abuela."
A look into the story
* In a strange twist of fate, a woman flees purgatory only to jump into a newly vacated body. When she wakes in the hospital, she has a brand new life and a whole lot of unanswered questions. Now she’s Micah Munroe, a real estate agent with broken memories of the messed up life she once lived. A mysterious man who claims to be Death says she’s his granddaughter and that she’s something called a grimm.
* Sully knows she’s an imposter because he reaped the soul of the real Micah only a week ago. He suspects she might be a misplaced shadow, what he calls spirits and vengeful ghosts. He becomes obsessed with finding out who she really is and just how she inhabited a new body. He’ll stop at nothing to find the truth and send her back to purgatory where she belongs. What he didn’t bargain on was how his body would react to her or how powerful the white light within her is.
* When a powerful shadow and her horde of angry spirits kidnaps Sully’s best friend, they must work together to get him back. Fighting their feelings for each other isn’t half as difficult as fighting the army of shadows bent on starting a war with the living.
* Recapturing her mouth, he pressed against her, proving just how hot, how hard she made him. Micah whimpered, and he drew his mouth away from her lips. Just like his tongue and hands, his incredibly sexy eyes ignited a fire within her.
* “Sully.” She bit her lower lip and reveled in knowing she was the reason he was so hard.
* His fingers were at her waist, unzipping then dragging the dress pants down her hips. Micah trembled with need as he shucked them from her legs and dropped them onto the floor. He closed the space between them, and her thighs closed around his waist. Her sex drowned with desire, clouding her mind with seductive thoughts and want. With him so intimately close, his hard-on pressed against her through the damp lace of her panties. She shifted her hips, and Sully rewarded her with a groan.
* “Tell me something.” He grinned wickedly then slid his fingers up her inner thigh. They inched closer to her pool of desire and made her heartbeat race. “Are you wet?”
* Her hands lifted from his shoulders, ran through his silken hair and down to his chest. Her nimble fingers fluttered across his shirt and even reached the second button before his hand closed over hers, stilling it. He prevented her from going any further by pulling her hand to his mouth. One by one, he kissed her fingers.
* She frowned and pulled away from him to look up into his eyes. “Sully, I want…”
* “I know what you want, doll.” His eyes glittered with feral passion.
* A gasp shuddered past her lips when Sully’s index finger slid past the ribbon-thin panties then traveled downward. His finger slid through the tight coils of hair at the juncture of her thighs then lightly grazed her most delicate area. She clutched his shoulders and tightened her thighs around him. “Sully!”
* "Want me to stop?" His voice was full of gravel and sexy as hell.
* She nipped his bottom lip. "Don't you dare."
Buy Light the Shadows here...
Evernight Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | Bookstrand
Find Michelle Clay here...
Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Thank you for joining us here today, Michelle! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.