What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Hmmm. Well aside from the usual author bio stuff, I’m a self-proclaimed Diva/Geek. I live in sunny South Florida, with my computer engineer hubby and two megalomaniac cats. And oh, yes I love to write romance with a lot of heat and twice as much heart.
* I began writing professionally a few years ago and my heros and heroines tend to be a little bit quirky, a teesy bit snarky, but always sweet and on the brink of finding love.
~~ Bio: Laurel is a romance author, who like most writers loves to read. Her first love (pun intended) has always been romance. From the sappy YA romance novel to the more risqué erotica novels, Laurel is a sucker for a good love story.
* Laurel writes paranormal and contemporary romance and is a self-proclaimed, out of the closet nerd. She admits that she can't seem to avoid adding a bit of "nerdology" or "geek-dom" to all of her books. Living in Miami, she also admits that she can't seem to avoid giving her heroines gorgeous shoes, "In Miami, we worship everything strappy, open toed and just plain hot!"
What book are you going to tell us about today? Is it part of a series? If so, what's the order the books should be read in?
* I’m here to talk about my latest release titled, Persuasion Skills. This book is the first official book in the Boardroom Acts series. A series where each book is a stand-alone story, but they each involve an office romance in varying forms. My first novella, Negotiating Skills is the prequel to this line.
How'd you/your muse come up with this story?
* I had the bones of this story rattling around in my head for a while, but kept putting off getting my characters on paper. I liked the idea of two friends who knew each other exceptionally well. I wanted them to have a solid history and foundation that made their romance more believable and realistic. Eventually my muse got tired of waiting, and wrangled my butt into a chair and the two snarky characters of Pepper Holts and Jaxon Grey were born.
Describe the hero in five words.
* Sweet, Determined, Pragmatic, Vulnerable, Persuasive
Describe the heroine in five words.
* Fiesty, Strong-willed, Snarky, Skeptical, Vulnerable
Who's your favorite character in the book & why?
* It’s always hard to choose a favorite character. However, I have to admit that Jax holds a special place in my heart. His character is a great combination of naughty and nice that I just love. He knows what he wants and isn’t afraid to bend a few rules to get it. And of course I can’t resist a smart man with a plan.
What's your favorite line in the story?
* There’s a scene in the book where Jax’s slips some handcuffs on Pepper. Needless to say she’s a bit surprised and responds by saying...
* "Since when did silk ties become a gateway kink?"
A look into the story
* In the aftermath of a major health scare, Pepper Holts makes the relief-inspired decision to seize the day. Unfortunately, most of her “seizing” involves a bit of merlot and her best friend's pants! After a shared night of passion she realizes that her feelings for Jax are a lot more complicated than she ever thought.
* Jax has finally realized that his allergy to marriage has nothing to do with the institution itself, and everything to do with the women in his bed—or more specifically, the one woman not in his bed. Her reaction to their one night together has him scrambling to regroup. So he does what he knows best—he disappears, and he thinks. The plan?—convince Pepper into staying with him at a secluded cabin for one week. One week of pretending to be a happily married couple to show her how great they could be together.
Be advised: Contemporary, BDSM, Light Bondage, Erotic, Interracial
* He leaned down and nuzzled her throat with his nose before whispering in her ear.
* “The sex only helps prove my point, but I’ll make you a deal.”
* Her stomach quivered at the feel of his lips at the flesh of her ear. She cleared her throat before responding.
* “Does it involve you coming to your senses?”
* The rumble of his chuckle vibrated up his chest and against her sensitive nipples as one of his hands smoothed down her back and squeezed her ass.
* “No, but it should put you at ease.”
* His meandering hand was making it hard for her to concentrate. All she could do was snort in reply, silently begging her hips not to give in and rub against him.
* “For the next seven days, we get to pet each other as much as we want, fondle and taste to our heart’s content, but I won’t fuck you, Pep,” he said while nibbling at the soft skin of her throat.
* It took a minute for her lust-addled brain to process his statement.
* “But you said—”
* He lifted his head and placed a soft, too-short kiss on her lips before stepping away.
* “I said we’ll sleep together. Before we have sex again, I want you fully willing to be my wife and nothing less,” he said, a serious expression flattening his lips.
Buy Persuasion Skills here...
Evernight | Amazon (US) | Amazon (UK) | All Romance eBooks | Bookstrand
Find Laurel Cremant here...
Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest
Thank you for joining us here today, Laurel Cremant! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.