So, Rebecca, what inspired you to become a writer?
* Honestly it was a combination of the stories I was always making up and the urging of my mother. She always told me that I should just do it, that the worst thing that could happen would be that I wouldn’t make it but then at least I would have tried!
When did you attempt your first story? What length was it? What's become of it?
* The first story I ever sat down and wrote with the intent to publish was A Wolf for Haru. It ended up being almost 21k and I eventually signed it to the e-publishing company eXtasy Books where it is still for sale.
How many stories did you complete before you sold your first?
* The first story I wrote was the first one I sold and I was too nervous to write anything else while I was waiting to see if it would be accepted!
What genre(s) do you write in? What drew you to write in it/them? What’s your favorite genre of all to write in?
* I tend to write M/M and paranormal/supernatural themed stories. I’ve always loved stories with magic or shifters (werewolves, I write a lot of werewolves) and I adore the M/M genre which is easily my favorite thing to write in of all time.
What are the best and worst pieces of writing advice you ever received?
* The best piece of advice I have ever gotten was to write what I love and not what everyone else wants me to write. The worst piece would have to be the time I was encouraged to send my work out to be beta read before I signed it with anyone.
How do you celebrate/deal with acceptance/rejection letters?
* Acceptance letters normally come hand in hand with dinner and a movie which is probably my favorite celebration activity!
In regard to the book you’re promoting, which actor and actress do you envision playing the roles of your hero and heroine? If there’s a villain or other characters who are pertinent to the story, who would play those parts?
* Hmmm…my hero Raoul would have to be Tyler Hoechlin just because he is so damn handsome! Summer Glau would definitely do my heroine Silke justice! Oma could be played by the great Maggie Smith and Emil would be Ryan McPartlin!
The book you’re promoting, is it a stand-alone story or part of a series? If it’s part of a series, please list the order the books need to be read in for maximum reading enjoyment.
* The Wolf’s Moon is a stand-alone story and a part of the Naughty Fairy Tale line at Evernight Publishing. The idea for this story was obviously sparked by wanting to see a different take on Little Red Riding Hood.
*** Now for some fun info… ***
What’s your favorite color?
* Black! It’s easy to match, it’s slimming (ha!) and looks fantastic on its own.
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
* Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey! I love banana flavored ice cream!
Are you a morning person or night owl?
* Night owl all the way! I do my best work in the late hours of the night.
*** About Rebecca Brochu’s book… ***
* Silke’s life in her village has not been easy since the death of her parents. Things only get worse when the local healer takes her under her wing. Branded a witch and tormented by the other villagers, Silke has resigned herself to living her life alone.
* Then a chance encounter in the woods with a dark and handsome stranger named Raoul throws Silke’s carefully ordered life off balance. Now she has to deal with the stormy emotions that Raoul brings to life within her as she works at solving the mystery of who’s leaving gifts on her doorstep.
* When the time comes, will Silke be willing to give up everything she’s ever known for a love that’s deeper than she’s ever thought possible? Or will she reject the gift the wolf’s moon has given her?
* Raoul growls low in his throat and yanks Silke’s body back up against his own as one of his hands forces her head to tilt back. His lips close over hers, and there’s no hesitation this time, no gentle coaxing or playful teasing. He dominates her mouth, tongue sweeping in and going deep as he licks at the back of her teeth like he’s chasing her flavor. Silke gives back as good as she can as she digs her nails into his naked shoulders and returns his passion to the best of her abilities.
* Silke almost doesn’t feel it when he begins to move them, but she doesn’t stop him when he begins to pull at her skirt, rucking it up until he can wrap large, hot hands around her thighs. She moans and clutches at his shoulder harder as he lifts her without any effort and presses her back up against a nearby tree as he steps into the space between her thighs. Silke gasps, breaking the kiss and bucking her hips up into the cage of his hands as best she can. She can feel him, can feel his heat as he presses the hard line of his cock against her.
* “Raoul!” Silke cries out and Raoul answers her by dipping his head down to mouth at her neck as he presses his hips down against her. He racks the vulnerable, pale line of her throat with surprisingly sharp teeth before he soothes the sting with his tongue.
* “Silke.” She hears him murmur against the skin of her throat, but she pays him no mind, too caught up in the pleasure of having him against her. Then one of his hands shifts and he trails it slowly up the soft flesh of her thigh, fingertips tracing lightly over her skin. For the first time, despite how much she wants him, she feels uneasy, hesitant.
* Raoul makes a soft noise and brings his face back up so he can capture her mouth again in a surprisingly gentle kiss. When he pulls back his hand has stilled high on her thigh, the ends of his fingers just brushing her curls.
* “I won’t take you, Silke, not here, not like this. Just let me. Please.” Raoul sounds almost as if he’s pleading, as if he’s begging her to give him something precious. Silke doesn’t want to deny him, doesn’t want to deny herself, so she looks him in the eyes and nods.
***Buy Rebecca Brochu's book here***
Evernight Publishing | Amazon | All Romance eBooks | Bookstrand
***Find Rebecca Brochu here***
Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Evernight Publisher | Amazon
Thank you for joining us here today, Rebecca! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your work.