Attention!

Thanks for visiting!
* When you see the * in my posts that just indicates a new line/paragraph. :)
* To see a lot of fun information, scroll through the side bars and to the bottom of the blog.

01 July 2013

Welcome special guest: author Tamsin Baker ( @evernightpub #erom #paranormal #historical )

Today we have author Tamsin Baker visiting. Tamsin Baker is an Aussie girl who only found erotic romance about ten months ago. Before that she read sexy romance, skipping the plot looking for the ‘good bits.’ Since then she have written and obtained 14 contracts of varying lengths with erotic romance and erotica. She absolutely LOVES reading and writing it! She has two other jobs, kids and a hubby too, but writing is a passion that she has to indulge, for fear of insanity.

So, Tamsin, what inspired you to become a writer?
* I ran out of books one day and thought I’d have a go at writing one. Kissa Starling’s Lifestyle series was the introduction to Erotic romance that had me following down that lovely, dark, windy path. I’ve never looked back.

When did you attempt your first story? What length was it? What's become of it?
* My first ever attempt was 6 years ago- a m/f sexy mills and boon style thing. It’s lost on floppy discs somewhere.

How many stories did you complete before you sold your first?
* Six, then sold the first with a series contract for the four of them :)

What genre(s) do you write in? What drew you to write in it/them? What’s your favorite genre of all to write in?
* Hmmm. Well I have 2 pen names, a sweeter one, then this one for my erotic stuff. So I write everything from sweet- kisses only, up to full blown pure erotica.
* My favorite changes. At the moment I am loving paranormal ménage- and it always has to have m/m in it- I LOVE writing and reading m/m.

What are the best and worst pieces of writing advice you ever received?
* Best was to join some groups- RWA- Romance Writers of Australia- which lead to an online Facebook group, which lead to an erotic facebook group and gave me several brilliant critique partners and friends that I will have forever.
* Worst- nothing really. Just don’t listen to the naysayers.

How do you celebrate/deal with acceptance/rejection letters?
* Celebrate acceptances- I do a little yay me, tell hubby who pulls out a nice bottle of red. Email all my friends, get on facebook and tell everyone. Not anything big really.
* Rejection letters- I pout, reconsider whether to change the story or just resubmit it somewhere else. I’ve learnt that just because one publisher doesn’t like it, doesn’t mean another won’t jump at the chance to have it.

In regard to the book you’re promoting, which actor and actress do you envision playing the roles of your hero and heroine? If there’s a villain or other characters who are pertinent to the story, who would play those parts?
* Honestly? I have no idea. I don’t really watch tv or movies.

The book you’re promoting, is it a stand-alone story or part of a series? If it’s part of a series, please list the order the books need to be read in for maximum reading enjoyment.
* It’s part of a series & is book 1 in the Third Bite Series. The original inspiration came from a submission call a publisher put out for 15-20K vampire stories. I started writing this one and issues began to arise. I never plot my stories. I have an initial scene, then I just write.
* The three books are: Eternal Hearts (MMF); Bonded Hearts (MMM); Healed Hearts (MMMF)

*** Now for some fun info… ***
What’s your favorite color?
* Pink. Boring I know. But I love it.

Are you a morning person or night owl?
* Both really. I can stay up all night writing, then my kids get me up at 7am. And on weekends, like this morning, I can be writing a sex scene while we eat breakfast at 8am. It depends.

What’s your favorite number?
* 16. No idea why- always has been. And it also became the date for our wedding- which was kind of cool.

*** About Tamsin Baker’s book… ***
~ Blurb ~
* For five hundred years, vampires Nathaniel and Michael have loved each other. But without their third mate, they feel empty and incomplete.
* Lady Margaret Tonnington is a recent widow who has finally got some control over her life. The last thing she wants or expects are two male vampires, both claiming to need her. She is shocked by the strength of their passion for each other and wants to be a part of that love.
* But Michael and Nathaniel want to bind her to them forever. Margaret is hesitant to change her life and fights to stay human. A compromise will be almost impossible, however it is essential for her vampire mates' lives that she does.
Be Warned: menage sex (MMF), m/m sex, rimming, voyeurism

~ Excerpt ~
* Margaret asked her next question, already absorbing their information. Nathaniel admired how clever she was. Given time, she would run both him and Michael around in circles.
* “We generally feed from whores, as they offer and we pay. Though you may feed from whomever you like, Margaret, the elders don’t like us drawing attention to ourselves.”
* She nodded again, but her eyes narrowed dangerously.
* “How would I deal with my normal life? Would I be able to continue as I am for a few years? Or would we fake my death? What is your plan?”
* Nathaniel swallowed. He didn’t know the answer to that question, and he had the uncomfortable feeling that whatever they said would make a big difference to her answer.

***Buy Tamsin Baker’s book here***
Evernight Publishing
Amazon

***Find Tamsin Baker here***
Website
Blog

Thank you for joining us here today, Tamsin Baker! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your work.

I’d be happy to give away an ebook copy of my m/m contemporary- Truth Be Told -just tell me why you like m/m erotic romances and I’ll pick the best answer. Please leave your email in the comment, so if I draw your name, I can contact you!

No comments: